Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 10:04:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thomas Miles?  (Read 512 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: February 12, 2021, 09:58:55 AM »

Still no word on Miles?  Watching the '19 post-season again I noticed that it looked like Miles was our holder for FGs?  He's also a backup LS.  And he's solid on ST, saving the day on that short kick off in the GC.  And being a 204-Pegger doesn't hurt either.

Are we letting him go?  Looks like in general we're doing a bit of an old->young shift in the NAT STers.

Never go full Rider!
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 12:32:07 AM »

Still no word on Miles?  Watching the '19 post-season again I noticed that it looked like Miles was our holder for FGs?  He's also a backup LS.  And he's solid on ST, saving the day on that short kick off in the GC.  And being a 204-Pegger doesn't hurt either.

Are we letting him go?  Looks like in general we're doing a bit of an old->young shift in the NAT STers.

Maybe as a vet he makes a little more than CFL minimum, so going with a new young guy would save a few buck$  ?
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 05:02:12 PM »

Miles is a good player and I doubt that expensive. We'll be bringing 12 draft choices to TC and roster room will need to be created for a few new faces.

I wouldn't be upset if Miles is re-signed but it doesn't appear that is in the cards. There might be some SMS savings but I can't see that as a significant issue.

No more excuses.
blueraid

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 05:40:23 PM »

No word on the guy who was holding for the three pointers....AND no word on the guy who was kicking them....Is Meds. still coming back or is he done as well....Miller was solid but it looks like we're moving on???
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 05:56:32 PM »

No word on the guy who was holding for the three pointers....AND no word on the guy who was kicking them....Is Meds. still coming back or is he done as well....Miller was solid but it looks like we're moving on???

I think it's obvious we are moving on from Medlock but have a young Canadian kicker with great USports resume waiting in the wings.

Mike Miller is signed...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 05:42:21 AM »

Thanks for replying on Miles.  I would guess Miles would play for ELC + a little vet bump.  If you ask him to take a pay cut, he will.

Medlock: I think the only thing holding back Meddy is Meddy: does he want to come up and play again, with all the iffiness, and probably take a huge pay cut?  He was already on the fence.  Guess we'll see if it was all bluster, or if he really did want to retire.

MOS loves Meddy, and he kicked a great 2019, including a GC-record-tying 6 FG... would have had the record had he not missed that first one getting dialled in.

I would love for Meds to come back, he's part of every game plan (high reliance on FGs), but the $$$ fight might just be too much.  If I had to bet money on it, I'd say Meds comes back for another season; if we have a season.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: