Blue Bombers Forum
April 12, 2021, 02:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Free Agent Signings (other CFL teams)  (Read 3633 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 03:34:20 PM »

Odd that we passed on Remple with him being local now and willing to take min wage.. we kept Cvety around... maybe he gets a call for TC to challenge Benson... or not.  Maybe he gets an invite to TC as a guest coach.  How many years of ST in the CFL has he got?  IIRC he was always regarded as a player that earned his spot with smarts...

Whitehead to BC looked like a fresh start for him, and then they signed Rainey... he will be in tough to land an actual roster spot...  no doubt a returner will go down early in the year, and he might get that shot is he loses out to Rainey...

It is interesting to see how many players are coming to the realization that CFL min wage is not a bad gig... especially in this economy.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 03:42:30 PM »

Pete will be a good receiver in the CFL. Tough to see him go, but the Kid wants to play on a regular basis and heading to Ottawa was a good spot for him to land.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:49:23 PM by Pigskin » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »

Pete will be a good receiver in the CFL. Tough to see him go, but the Kid wants to play on a regular basis and heading to Ottawa was a good spot for him to land.

No doubt Lapo and Nichols recruited him hard... good on him, he's no 88 but he is solid...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
theaardvark

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 03:57:52 PM »

CFL really needs to clean up its website...

55   Benson, Michael      LS   N   5'10   245   33   Acadia
40   Benson, Mike   MTL   LS   N   5'10   245   33   Acadia

Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2021, 04:47:29 PM »

Exume to the Als. Good ST player.

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 05:28:29 PM »

Odd that we passed on Remple with him being local now and willing to take min wage.. we kept Cvety around... maybe he gets a call for TC to challenge Benson... or not.  Maybe he gets an invite to TC as a guest coach.  How many years of ST in the CFL has he got?  IIRC he was always regarded as a player that earned his spot with smarts...

Whitehead to BC looked like a fresh start for him, and then they signed Rainey... he will be in tough to land an actual roster spot...  no doubt a returner will go down early in the year, and he might get that shot is he loses out to Rainey...

It is interesting to see how many players are coming to the realization that CFL min wage is not a bad gig... especially in this economy.

A LS earns his job with smarts about the same way a kicker earns his job with smarts.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 05:45:03 PM »

Exume was another player that we knew was moving on. He wanted to be in Montreal with his family.
Pigskin

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 08:47:00 PM »

Ottawa has one player left to deal with and then it's a Bingo, they will have cleared there FA list.
Pigskin

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 08:48:50 PM »

Lauzon-Seguin signs with Montreal.
Horseman

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 10:25:16 PM »

Ott only has the bowling ball of razor blades to get signed and then they are done, if they want him back.
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2021, 10:39:49 PM »

Lauzon-Seguin signs with Montreal.

Maciocia went nuts loading up on Quebec natives / Q Conference guys he would know from his time there .
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2021, 10:42:57 PM »

Ott only has the bowling ball of razor blades to get signed and then they are done, if they want him back.

? - do you mean Lattanzio?  They did sign Stefan Charles to go with C. Laing.  Not sure why they would give up on Lattanzio - local guy, non-stop motor, superior DT against the run - unless he is demanding bigger buck$ as a veteran ?
Pigskin

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2021, 03:21:43 AM »

Lattanzio was a little to small when the bombers drafted him back in 2015. Bombers tried to make a fullback out of him which didn't work out. Mite be a nice pickup for us.
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2021, 03:48:30 AM »

Lattanzio was a little to small when the bombers drafted him back in 2015. Bombers tried to make a fullback out of him which didn't work out. Mite be a nice pickup for us.

I'd guess he is the same size range still? - under-sized for a DT but strong and a real motor, plus lots of CFL experience now.

Real nice guy - got to meet him briefly and talk a bit of CFL ball;  asked him about his Bomber fullback experience and his reply was a frown and to say he's a DT - he was a CIS all-Canadian DT and Metras Trophy winner.

Really doubt Walters has any interest.
Pigskin

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2021, 04:16:32 AM »

Back then he was 230, he is now 252.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: