Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 10:17:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers Sign Stove Richardson  (Read 825 times)
blue_or_die

« on: February 05, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »

On Nov 17, 2020, I placed an order for a new stove from The Brick. It has still not arrived yet.

On Feb 4, 2021, The Bombers place an order for Steven Richardson and get a stove immediately. Is this what justice looks like?

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed to terms with defensive tackle Steven Richardson on a one-year contract extension.

The 24-year-old recorded 25 tackles and two sacks over 18 games in 2019, helping the Bombers win the Grey Cup in his rookie season in the CFL.

The Minnesota product spent time with the Los Angeles Chargers on their practice roster in 2018.

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-blue-bombers-agree-to-terms-with-dt-steven-richardson-1.1588344
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:20:35 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bigbuff33

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 02:51:36 PM »

Walters has had an amazing off season...

Now here's hoping we get to watch Bombers football this summer
theaardvark

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 03:42:48 PM »

Well, there ya go.  Anyone suggesting that Winnipeg is not elite in GM, HC, and culture is crazy.  The number of players re-signing here ahead of FA is amazing...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 03:54:37 PM »

Blue Bombers agree to terms with defensive tackle Steven Richardson

WINNIPEG, MB., February 5, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with American defensive tackle Steven Richardson on a one-year contract extension. Richardson was scheduled to become a free agent on February 9th.

Richardson
originally joined the organization on May 18, 2019 after he had spent the 2018 season on the Los Angeles Chargers' practice roster. He had an impressive first season in the Canadian Football League in 2019, dressing for all 18 games, 14 of them starts, as well as all three playoff contests.

Richardson finished the 2019 season with 25 tackles, two sacks and three tackles for a loss.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:19:18 AM »

Stove critical to keep the continuity and performance up on our DL, with Mr Drake being well and truly gone.  And we'll see if McManus/Rigmaiden can work their magic on another ELC monster IMP DT to take Stove's previous place.

Do we have any DTs in the hopper?  Anything NAT-wise, or is that a pipe dream?

Stove is great, but watching the post-season over and over it's clear Nevis is at a higher level.  But I'm optimistic it's Stove's turn to step up to the vet/star plate.  He has the tools, that's for sure.

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »

Stove critical to keep the continuity and performance up on our DL, with Mr Drake being well and truly gone.  And we'll see if McManus/Rigmaiden can work their magic on another ELC monster IMP DT to take Stove's previous place.

Do we have any DTs in the hopper?  Anything NAT-wise, or is that a pipe dream?

Stove is great, but watching the post-season over and over it's clear Nevis is at a higher level.  But I'm optimistic it's Stove's turn to step up to the vet/star plate.  He has the tools, that's for sure.

Rigmaiden moved back to the Lions.  We have some DT's in our pipeline both Canadian and Imports.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 07:40:14 AM »

Rigmaiden moved back to the Lions.  We have some DT's in our pipeline both Canadian and Imports.

Argh, not sure why I forgot that.  Did we talk about it here at the time?

That sucks, why did we let Rigmaiden go?  Did he get a promotion by moving to BC?  Is McManus the real magician and can handle the job with lesser (read: cheaper) minions?

Glad to hear we've got hope at filling that empty DT slot.  Oooh how much I'd love a solid NAT working on/off plays with Fatboi.

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 02:00:32 PM »

Argh, not sure why I forgot that.  Did we talk about it here at the time?

That sucks, why did we let Rigmaiden go?  Did he get a promotion by moving to BC?  Is McManus the real magician and can handle the job with lesser (read: cheaper) minions?

Glad to hear we've got hope at filling that empty DT slot.  Oooh how much I'd love a solid NAT working on/off plays with Fatboi.

I suppose he left due to a new or better opportunity. The reduced number and payroll implemented in the CFL may have been part of the reason as well.

There is always hope that the new Canadian DL turn out to be good players. I don't know much about them yet but we'll hear more in TC.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 07:35:18 PM »

I suppose he left due to a new or better opportunity. The reduced number and payroll implemented in the CFL may have been part of the reason as well.

There is always hope that the new Canadian DL turn out to be good players. I don't know much about them yet but we'll hear more in TC.

In a perfect world, we would have retained Rigmaiden.  Unfortunately, there is no room for advancement in the current structure, and no money to compensate for that under the head office SMS....  you could pay Lapo HC kind of money to be an OC when there was no cap... you can't pay Rigmaiden above his position's rate. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 03:50:48 PM »

Rigmaiden loves BC. When Hervey left that removed the reason he was no longer in BC and he went back first opportunity he got. Had Hervey not forced Rigmaiden out we would never have had him in the first place. He came here because it was the best opportunity outside of BC, and if things go south between him and BC again I'm sure he would come back if we wanted him. Rigmaiden did a yeoman's job in recruitment and was easily the best scout we've had in a long, long time. We were just starting to reap the benefits of his talent.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 06:34:22 AM »

Rigmaiden did a yeoman's job in recruitment and was easily the best scout we've had in a long, long time. We were just starting to reap the benefits of his talent.

Is there a way to know how much of our (last 2-3 years) recruitment success was Rigmaiden vs McManus?  Helpful to know if there's going to be a huge dropoff or if McManus was the real brains behind it all.

It was nice for once to be the "CGY" of the CFL in terms of finding new talent and developing quality guys.

Never go full Rider!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 06:51:02 AM »

Is there a way to know how much of our (last 2-3 years) recruitment success was Rigmaiden vs McManus?  Helpful to know if there's going to be a huge dropoff or if McManus was the real brains behind it all.

It was nice for once to be the "CGY" of the CFL in terms of finding new talent and developing quality guys.

Pretty sure both Rigmaiden and McManus, Walters and the Bomber scouts all contributed to recruitment success.  Certainly Rigmaiden was/is effective in recruiting and assessing players.  But it is not one VS the other.  One could argue that Walters is solely responsible for recruitment success because he negotiates and sign players.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: