Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 10:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Free agency: In general  (Read 9323 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2021, 01:34:40 PM »

Maybe it's not so much he wants to go but that he wants to light a fire under Ambrosie and the league to make a season happen.  I'm all for that.

How does his toothless statement light a fire under Ambrosie?

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2021, 02:25:18 PM »

Maybe it's not so much he wants to go but that he wants to light a fire under Ambrosie and the league to make a season happen.  I'm all for that.

Banks: If there is not CFL season, I will go play somewhere else.

Ambrosie: Oh ****! Before I was thinking that maybe it would be good to cancel another season because it's not financially feasible to host one without a critical number of fans allowed to attend, which I don't have control over. Now that Brandon Banks might not play in the league anymore, I'm seriously going to start thinking about playing a season after all!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2021, 03:44:58 PM »

It doesn't. Brandon Banks isn't happy unless he's whining about something. Great talent but if he left the CFL I wouldn't miss him at all.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Ridermania

« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2021, 01:02:06 PM »

Argos have signed LB Cameron Judge to a one year contract.
GCn19

« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2021, 06:18:27 PM »

Argos have signed LB Cameron Judge to a one year contract.

Yea, he must have wanted out of Regina pretty bad if he chose the Arblows.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2021, 02:42:44 AM »

It wasnt his choice as the Riders moved on from him. They couldn't wait for him to finish his workouts with the Raiders.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2021, 06:37:18 AM »

Easy: if many other mega-star players start saying the same thing.  And I could see that happening if the league blows 2021.

It doesn't. Brandon Banks isn't happy unless he's whining about something. Great talent but if he left the CFL I wouldn't miss him at all.

Oh, I'm not defending Banks.  You're 100% right.  However, if his threat starts spreading to other players...

Never go full Rider!
Norm W

« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2021, 03:13:45 PM »

The Argos are starting to look like they will have a defensive powerhouse in 2021, a good strategy when the offensive scoring power is in doubt.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2021, 07:40:29 PM »

Easy: if many other mega-star players start saying the same thing.  And I could see that happening if the league blows 2021.

Way to answer the question. If a season doesn't happen and then players go elsewhere, it doesn't change a decision that's already been made.

So, it's nothing but silly, toothless statement by a guy who constantly whines for attention.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
theaardvark

« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2021, 01:51:12 PM »

The Argos are starting to look like they will have a defensive powerhouse in 2021, a good strategy when the offensive scoring power is in doubt.

Argos have a number of very interesting pieces, but we will see how an extended layoff affect many of these more veteran players... either they come back in the best shape of thier lives, fully recovered from all nicks and dings, or they don't...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2021, 03:23:59 AM »

Argos have a number of very interesting pieces

Don't forget, you can look great on paper but stink up the season because of poor coaching and cohesion.  Just look at the BC offence from 2019.  TOR is picking the right players, but can they bring it all together on the field?

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2021, 12:30:05 PM »

Argos have a number of very interesting pieces, but we will see how an extended layoff affect many of these more veteran players... either they come back in the best shape of thier lives, fully recovered from all nicks and dings, or they don't...

I'm not so sure about defensive powerhouse. They are picking up name players but a lot of them are really long in the tooth.

the paw

« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2021, 03:12:47 PM »

They seem to be signing a lot of receivers and DEs with significant NFL experience.  I just don't know how they can play them all or pay them all.

On the DL, we know at 31 and 32, Nevis and Law can still play, but after a year off, Hughes and Willis have to be question marks.  And even if they are serviceable, where do they play all these signees like Eli, Elay, Thornton, etc. ?

For receivers, they will be able to put together a nice starting 5 (Brescanin, Martavis Bryant, Davarius Daniels, Eric Rogers, and Sinkfield look pretty awesome), but will they be able to get them the ball?

Their OL interior is Speller, Bladek and Blake.  Speller is serviceable with upside, Bladek is a marginal starter and Blake is 35. That's not going to get it done IMHO. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2021, 04:14:41 PM »

Obviously the Argos won't be able to keep everyone they sign. That's no different for any other CFL team. It's why teams hold TC. Veterans moving to new teams face the age / SMS over performance against the new players in TC.

Aside from signing bonus's SMS starts after the final cuts are made. I wouldn't be surprised to see some older CFL vets not make the rosters for various reasons.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2021, 04:48:44 PM »

The Argos look good ratio-wise, with the exception of the interior OL.  They will start 3 there, and Shane Richards/Campbell will be a Canadian starter at RT in all likelihood.

They have Judge at WIL, and I think Fabian Foote will start at DT.  I expect they will start Colquhoun at field corner.  That means they can potentially start or not start Brescacin as a receiver. 

grab grass 'n growl
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: