Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 09:34:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2020-2021  (Read 13071 times)
VictorRomano

« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2021, 01:31:08 AM »

Competition to push Grant?  Kid looks like has wheels....Also, he looks good in Blue and Gold on film. Smiley

https://youtu.be/YMxRSLevtpA

Has some shake n bake that reminds me a bit of Charles Roberts.

https://youtu.be/C15O4ghr-Eg
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:34:35 AM by VictorRomano » Logged
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2021, 03:16:31 AM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD RECEIVER/RETURNER QUADREE HENDERSON

WINNIPEG, MB., February 17, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the team has signed American receiver/returner Quadree Henderson.

Henderson
(5-8, 190, Pittsburgh, September 12, 1996 in Wilmington, DE) has spent the past few seasons in the NFL, seeing action in five games with the Giants as their primary returner in 2018. He has also spent time on the practice rosters of the Carolina Panthers, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers (2018 and 2019-2020) and Jacksonville Jaguars. Henderson went undrafted in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Henderson was an All-American in 2016, leading the FBS with 1,166 total return yards. He was also named Second Team All-ACC in 2017 when he led the Panthers with 1,204 all-purpose yards. During three years at Pitt, he amassed 98 carries for 887 yards, 45 catches for 473 yards and 13 total touchdowns (seven kick return touchdowns).

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/17/blue-bombers-add-receiver-returner-quadree-henderson/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2021, 03:16:49 AM »

Transactions:

2021-02-18   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Add To   Active Roster

Walker tried out for the Cowboys and Browns and played in the XFL last year. Word is he wasn't drafted in the NFL because he's only 6-2.

Blue In BC

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »

Transactions:

2021-02-18   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Add To   Active Roster

Walker tried out for the Cowboys and Browns and played in the XFL last year. Word is he wasn't drafted in the NFL because he's only 6-2.

295 lbs and 6'2". A near identical body size to Richardson. I'd think a candidate for DT.

No more excuses.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2021, 07:59:36 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD RICKY WALKER AND CHRISTIAN ANGULO TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., February 19, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the team has signed American defensive tackle Ricky Walker and American defensive back Christian Angulo.

Walker (6-2, 295, Virginia Tech, April 18, 1996 in Newport News, VA) was in camp in 2019 with Dallas and in 2020 with Cleveland. He was also with Tampa of the XFL during their season. Walker played four years at Virginia Tech, finishing with 31 starts and 50 games played. He tallied 127 tackles, eight sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Angulo (6-2, 190, Hampton, February 17, 1997 in Coral Gables, FL) spent his first four collegiate seasons at Cincinnati, before transferring to Hampton for his final season. He immediately earned a starting role at cornerback and went on to compile 18 tackles, three interceptions, and 14 pass breakups (fifth in the FCS). He signed with the New York Giants after going undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft, however was released after training camp. Following his release from the Giants, Angulo spent time on the practice rosters of the 49ers and Colts during the 2020 NFL season.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/19/blue-bombers-add-ricky-walker-christian-angulo-roster/

Transactions:

2021-02-19   WPG   ANGULO, Christian   DB   A   Hampton   Add To   Active Roster
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:03:16 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2021, 10:42:26 PM »

Transactions:

2021-02-24   WPG   SCHIAFFINO PEREZ, Sergio   DB   A      Add To   Active Roster

Sergio is a Global player that was on the Bombers' practice roster during the 2019 season.

theaardvark

« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2021, 08:33:46 PM »

Waiting for the announcement...

Bob Irving@BobIrvingCJOB
?
Just when you thought you?d heard of every conceivable small college in the U.S., the Blue Bombers announced the signing of a pair of guys from Mary Hardin-Baylor, & Tarleton State. Have to be decent athletes or the Bombers wouldn?t bother. Football players everywhere in the USA

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2021, 08:51:48 PM »

BLUE BOMBERS ADD BLAKE JACKSON AND PRINCE ROBINSON TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., February 25, 2021 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the team has signed American receiver Blake Jackson and American defensive back Prince Robinson.

Jackson (5-11, 200, Mary Hardin-Baylor, March 7, 1994 in Houston, TX) was most recently with Houston of the XFL. He spent parts of 2018 on Cleveland's roster, seeing action in one game. Jackson played three seasons as a quarterback at Mary Hardin-Baylor, completing 311 of 487 pass attempts for 4,311 yards. He threw 49 touchdowns and led the Crusaders to a Division III national championship as a senior and was named Southwest Conference offensive player of the year and an all-American. Jackson also attended Calgary Stampeders training camp in 2018.

Robinson (6-0, 190, Tarleton State, September 12, 1997 in Houston, TX) led all Division II defenders with three interceptions returned for touchdowns in 2019. The Lone Star Conference Defensive Back of the Year excelled during his time with Tarleton State, finishing his two-year career with 118 tackles, nine interceptions (four returned for touchdowns), 37 passes defended and 3 forced fumbles in just 25 games. He also showcased an elite returner ability, where he scored three more touchdowns.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/02/25/blue-bombers-add-blake-jackson-prince-robinson-roster/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2021, 07:03:40 AM »

Transactions:

2021-03-05   WPG   ROCQUEMORE, Jontrell   LB   N   Utah State   Add To   Active Roster
2021-03-05   WPG   WILLIAMS, James   RB   N   Washington State   Add To   Active Roster

Both guys were previously signed by the Bombers and were released last Sept.

Blue In BC

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2021, 01:51:39 PM »

Transactions:

2021-03-05   WPG   ROCQUEMORE, Jontrell   LB   N   Utah State   Add To   Active Roster
2021-03-05   WPG   WILLIAMS, James   RB   N   Washington State   Add To   Active Roster

Both guys were previously signed by the Bombers and were released last Sept.

Most teams seem to be bringing back many of the rookies that were signed for TC 2020. Our current roster is about 80 players or so.

I haven't seen any information about any tryout camps announced. It may be that there might not be a large number of newer " 2021 finds " as a result?

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2021, 03:06:28 PM »

I am a bit worried about our NAT depth at the moment. Not on the OL, we are well covered there. However, I don't see much behind Woli and Demski at receiver and we are in no man's land for D starters. Jake Thomas is capable but is not an every down player, other than that we don't have another capable starter on D unless one of the Hallett's emerge. The loss of Exume and Petermann are looming large right now if injury hits. KWs offseason cannot be done yet. We need 1-2 NATs for the DL, and at least one reasonable receiver substitute.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:08:02 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2021, 04:39:49 PM »

I am a bit worried about our NAT depth at the moment. Not on the OL, we are well covered there. However, I don't see much behind Woli and Demski at receiver and we are in no man's land for D starters. Jake Thomas is capable but is not an every down player, other than that we don't have another capable starter on D unless one of the Hallett's emerge. The loss of Exume and Petermann are looming large right now if injury hits. KWs offseason cannot be done yet. We need 1-2 NATs for the DL, and at least one reasonable receiver substitute.

Yeah me too. OTOH we'll have about 12 draft choices from 2020 and 2021 going to TC.  I don't think we've signed Orange-O'Leary yet but I was expecting him to make the roster as the back up receiver.

I wonder if there is some idea of looking at / developing Oliveria and / or Augustine receiver skills beyond their role as RB's. I'd already considered that Oliveria might be looked at in the role of a FB replacing Rush on the AR.

It would seem Augustine will be the primary back up RB on the AR. The role for Oliveria is not as clear at the moment. He may be a good RB but I don't know much about his receiving or blocking capabilities. He's be an offensive threat more so than Rush or Miles if he can adapt those other skills.

We have the # 3 pick in the 2021 draft. That could be an important decision.

I like the Canadian talent we have but there are some questions to be addressed particularly on defense.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:46:48 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2021, 08:05:53 PM »

Plus, we flip to Nat on P/K...

Oline, Harris, Demski and Woli means 1 player on D...  Thomas rotating with a new DP somewhere on the field shouldn't be an issue... would be nice if we have a DE for the Cheetah to swap Thomas out for...  we did draft a few LB's (usually ST fodder) and a DL... and who knows who we draft this year, or if Kongbo comes back...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
the paw

« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2021, 10:10:38 PM »

It seems pretty clear they are expecting Conor Griffith's to step up and split time with Fatboi.  I just don't see us going NI in the secondary.  For the record, I am all in to sign Muamba and move Bighill to WIL, but don't expect it to happen.

We absolutely need some NI receivers, and there ain't much on the free agent list.  We drafted Brendan Oleary-Orange last year in the 3rd.  We have the #3 pick this year, so there is a good chance Josh Palmer is available.  Failing that, we may have to keep Feoli-Gudino on speed dial.

grab grass 'n growl
Blue Guess Who

« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2021, 10:25:28 PM »

Yeah me too. OTOH we'll have about 12 draft choices from 2020 and 2021 going to TC.  I don't think we've signed Orange-O'Leary yet but I was expecting him to make the roster as the back up receiver.

With Kongbo gone, Thomas is the only Canadian D player on the roster, currently, with any significant CFL playing time on defence;  can't think of another CFL team in that situation.

Be nice if Griffiths steps it up to get to play some DT; and Dehilly might be ready to play some right away - those 2 could allow for a strong rotation on the D-line combining with Thomas;  the Hallett bros. might get a real shot to play safety, and be great if one of them could prove a starter there.

The upcoming draft does feature some very good D prospects (at least with the NCAA guys we know of - the list of U Sports players who have declared / not deferred for this draft = haven't seen it?);  a few D-linemen - maybe one could be added to the mix;  a real promising LB in Ogbongbemiga (might draw an NFL look?);  and a few good DB types - another safety prospect could be added for TC competition and a couple of cornerbacks who might deserve a real look there.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 04:45:10 AM by Blue Guess Who » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: