Blue Bombers Forum
January 23, 2021, 10:41:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid-19 Round 2.  (Read 4266 times)
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2020, 10:40:46 PM »

I really dislike this perception.

I'm a teacher and one lesson I really try to drill into younger students is the difference between snitching/tattling and informing the teacher when something is wrong.

I don't want to hear that Kimmy is listening to music, or Tommy got out of his chair, or Steve is drawing instead of reading. Those things only affect the person who is messing around and others   need to mind their own business.

But when someone sees someone being bullied, or is interfering with others trying to stay on task, or is acting in a dangerous way - that needs to be brought to my attention. The person telling me has done nothing wrong - it is solely on the person who is acting stupidly.

Same thing here. You want to be a good neighbour? Don't be the one putting us all at risk or perpetuating this lockdown. Don't blame the one making the call when you're the idiot.

I agree to a point. But your comparing kids that spend some days together to people that have to live with and around each other 24/7. The people next door are not going to give me Covid if they have another couple over for diner and drinks any more then i will get it at a store. Id much rather be with ppl i know dont have it then at a store that i have no idea who does.

Id rather the people that live around me help each other dig our cars out when we get a snow storm. Or who watch your house when they see something odd around your home. Or if this all ever ends invites you and your fam to a BBQ.

This is a time to come together....  not separate from one another

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Jesse

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

I agree to a point. But your comparing kids that spend some days together to people that have to live with and around each other 24/7. The people next door are not going to give me Covid if they have another couple over for diner and drinks any more then i will get it at a store. Id much rather be with ppl i know dont have it then at a store that i have no idea who does.

Id rather the people that live around me help each other dig our cars out when we get a snow storm. Or who watch your house when they see something odd around your home. Or if this all ever ends invites you and your fam to a BBQ.

This is a time to come together....  not separate from one another

I am comparting people's behaviours to people's behaviours. It doesn't matter who you're around or for how long.

The rules are not the same right now.

Today's equivalent of helping push your neighbour's car out of the snow (which we'll still need to help each other with - winter isn't going anywhere), is staying home and not having close contacts. You might not get covid if your neighbour has a friend over, but one of them might transmit to each other and carry in to the other's workplace and family and school, etc, etc, etc. This is how this keeps spreading.

I still wave at my neighbours every morning. I shovel the walk of my elderly neighbour next door. I'll still push a stuck car if I see one. Stop pretending we can't still be there for each other.

Literally, the one thing we are not supposed to do is come together. We can get together at any other point in our lives - if we don't kill some of the people you want to see first.

My wife is amazing!
Pigskin

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »

I am comparting people's behaviours to people's behaviours. It doesn't matter who you're around or for how long.

Today's equivalent of helping push your neighbour's car out of the snow (which we'll still need to help each other with - winter isn't going anywhere), is staying home and not having close contacts. You might not get covid if your neighbour has a friend over, but one of them might transmit to each other and carry in to the other's workplace and family and school, etc, etc, etc. This is how this keeps spreading.

I still wave at my neighbours every morning. I shovel the walk of my elderly neighbour next door. I'll still push a stuck car if I see one. Stop pretending we can't still be there for each other.

Literally, the one thing we are not supposed to do is come together. We can get together at any other point in our lives - if we don't kill some of the people you want to see first.

Total agree with Jesse, we can still do the neighborly things we always do, expect gather together. I am still picking up groceries for some of the elderly in the city. However I am not entering there homes. If your neighbors are good people they can tough it out for the next couple of weeks and that way you don't have to be the neighbor making that phone call.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 02:53:41 PM by Pigskin » Logged
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2020, 04:07:32 PM »

I understand how it spreads.

All iim saying is....  think the ppl next door will help push you or your wifes cars out if they know you called and cost them 1200 bucks for having someone over?

I can catch covid at safeway. I can catch covid at subway. I dont know any of them people im around. It makes no sense to me why i cant have a buddy over for a few beers or whatever.

Your wife can go out to work or whatever catch it and bring it home to you.... then you can go teach and pass it in to your students and they go home and so on. Whats the difference?

blue_or_die

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »

I understand how it spreads.

All iim saying is....  think the ppl next door will help push you or your wifes cars out if they know you called and cost them 1200 bucks for having someone over?

I can catch covid at safeway. I can catch covid at subway. I dont know any of them people im around. It makes no sense to me why i cant have a buddy over for a few beers or whatever.

Your wife can go out to work or whatever catch it and bring it home to you.... then you can go teach and pass it in to your students and they go home and so on. Whats the difference?

Couple of differences.

First of all, when you go to a store, you're not spending significant amounts of time in the same space with an individual (assuming the store is following capacity and social distancing orders), which is the case if you have friends over indoors. You also don't know that your buddy doesn't have covid, and that's the problem. If you both were able to take a test and get the results the instant you're together, that would really be the only way of knowing for sure.

Second, there's a difference between someone going to work (where there are distancing restrictions) and someone coming over to socialize (where there probably aren't). Just because there's no way to completely eliminate the threat doesn't mean you can do the frivilous things anyway. Go to work if you have to, and otherwise stop doing other things that you can go without.

This is a numbers game, so if contacts are reduced than so will the spread intensity.

Also, if my neighbour's actions are actually increasing the amount of time I have to spend away from my family and friends, then I frankly don't want their help pushing my car out. They must be lousy neighbours.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2020, 05:33:05 PM »

Manitoba had 282 new cases today, with 16 deaths. 178 of those cases were in Winnipeg. TPR in Winnipeg 13.8%.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2020, 05:37:08 PM »

Couple of differences.

First of all, when you go to a store, you're not spending significant amounts of time in the same space with an individual (assuming the store is following capacity and social distancing orders), which is the case if you have friends over indoors. You also don't know that your buddy doesn't have covid, and that's the problem. If you both were able to take a test and get the results the instant you're together, that would really be the only way of knowing for sure.

Second, there's a difference between someone going to work (where there are distancing restrictions) and someone coming over to socialize (where there probably aren't). Just because there's no way to completely eliminate the threat doesn't mean you can do the frivilous things anyway. Go to work if you have to, and otherwise stop doing other things that you can go without.

This is a numbers game, so if contacts are reduced than so will the spread intensity.

Also, if my neighbour's actions are actually increasing the amount of time I have to spend away from my family and friends, then I frankly don't want their help pushing my car out. They must be lousy neighbours.

Just to be clear....   I follow all rules. Im at high risk as i have COPD. But i also live in a house with 2 other adults. We all work we all go shopping. We all sit together and eat supper we hang out and have some beers or wine watching tv or movies. We arnt always 6 feet away form each other.

Im sry if i dont see the difference. My buddy works from home and only goes out to shop ...yet he cant come over and have a few?

Im not talking having a party.

What if i have a girlfriend that does not live with me. I cant go see her and she cant come see me? That seems a lil harsh dont it?

Pigskin

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »

100 tickets issued and over $180,000 in fines last week. Which tells us people are still not getting it. Business's aren't getting it. I can see the restriction lasting awhile longer because not everyone is on board.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:17:01 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »

Obby is amazing. Khan starts another business while Covid is on. Goodlocal.ca. Obby always one step ahead. Obby Khan for CFL Commissioner.
blue_or_die

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2020, 06:39:40 PM »

Just to be clear....   I follow all rules. Im at high risk as i have COPD. But i also live in a house with 2 other adults. We all work we all go shopping. We all sit together and eat supper we hang out and have some beers or wine watching tv or movies. We arnt always 6 feet away form each other.

Im sry if i dont see the difference. My buddy works from home and only goes out to shop ...yet he cant come over and have a few?

Im not talking having a party.

What if i have a girlfriend that does not live with me. I cant go see her and she cant come see me? That seems a lil harsh dont it?

The point is to limit contacts, which is why they divide it by household. So in your case, these two other folks you live with are in your household. You've gotta work and you've gotta eat, so you go to work and the grocery store and take as many as precautions as possible, not being in close proximity with anyone outside your household for significant periods of time where it's been shown that viral transmission occurs.

While your buddy in your example might seem low risk, the point is that you don't need to see him right now and so they're saying you shouldn't take the risk by adding another contact (i.e. another vector transmission) from outside of your house, where you would be socializing in close proximity indoors for significant amounts of times.

I knew someone who didn't see their boyfriend for the whole spring lockdown because they were not in the same household. You're right- it's definitely harsh. That's why this whole thing sucks so much. Because it's so hard to beat and trying to do so ruins our livelihood. This is why people like me get so worked up when people don't follow the rules. Because while I'm sitting at home and not seeing friends or family or really going out in public much/at all, others are basically going about their normal lives, which only lengthens the situation we are in and those flouters likely won't have to face any consequences for it.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2020, 07:56:08 PM »

My daughter is always coming up with something new when we are locked down. Today it's peanut butter, choc chip, amaretto, cookies. Last week it was a protein peanut butter. All natural peanut butter, with protein powder and cinnamon, so good. A couple of weeks ago it was banana, almond, white rum muffins. Just needs to work on cleaning up the kitchen afterwards. 
Pigskin

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2020, 08:18:57 PM »

National Post: Ethicists debate whether anti-mask protestors should forfeit Covid-19 medical care.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2020, 10:25:21 PM »

National Post: Ethicists debate whether anti-mask protestors should forfeit Covid-19 medical care.

Short answer - Yes.

Real answer - never happen. 
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »

The point is to limit contacts, which is why they divide it by household. So in your case, these two other folks you live with are in your household. You've gotta work and you've gotta eat, so you go to work and the grocery store and take as many as precautions as possible, not being in close proximity with anyone outside your household for significant periods of time where it's been shown that viral transmission occurs.

While your buddy in your example might seem low risk, the point is that you don't need to see him right now and so they're saying you shouldn't take the risk by adding another contact (i.e. another vector transmission) from outside of your house, where you would be socializing in close proximity indoors for significant amounts of times.

I knew someone who didn't see their boyfriend for the whole spring lockdown because they were not in the same household. You're right- it's definitely harsh. That's why this whole thing sucks so much. Because it's so hard to beat and trying to do so ruins our livelihood. This is why people like me get so worked up when people don't follow the rules. Because while I'm sitting at home and not seeing friends or family or really going out in public much/at all, others are basically going about their normal lives, which only lengthens the situation we are in and those flouters likely won't have to face any consequences for it.

I want to go see my girlfriend

Pigskin

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2020, 11:41:34 PM »

Short answer - Yes.

Real answer - never happen. 

Agree.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: