Blue Bombers Forum
November 28, 2020, 07:27:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid-19 Round 2.  (Read 1211 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 11:34:28 PM »

Also reported, Manitoba has yet to get a single flu case this flu season. Hmmm what a friggin coincidence.

Restrictions are disgusting. Especially for the valued small business owners. Truly a shame.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 04:14:34 AM »

Blame it on those bad apples that can't follow simple direction and rules.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 02:15:19 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 03:37:24 PM »

Well it's been 8 days finally made a trip to the store for milk, bread, some fresh fruit, and vegetables. Did the 3.5 Km walk to the No Frills store on Roblin. Arrived around 9:30, there was 4 or 5 people other then myself shopping at that time. Spent about 10 minutes in the store. Nice quick and easy trip. Wish they sold Disaronno Amaretto there.
Pigskin

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 05:38:09 PM »

Sad day in Manitoba. 400 new cases, 11 deaths. Winnipeg had 239 new cases, with a TPR of 13.8%. 93 new cases in the south with 3 more deaths. New hot point in Winnipeg is the Golden Link Lodge with 3 deaths. Let's hope these places can get this under control quickly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:43:36 PM by Pigskin » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 06:28:29 PM »

Also reported, Manitoba has yet to get a single flu case this flu season. Hmmm what a friggin coincidence.

Restrictions are disgusting. Especially for the valued small business owners. Truly a shame.

That's very helpful. Probably attributable to people staying home, so I don't think it's a friggin coincidence (and if it is, that's great luck!). The last thing we need is the flu compounding already stressed health resources.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »

There cases of the flu in Manitoba. They mite not be report on the front page of the news but there are cases. The schools are reporting very low cases this year due to social distancing, and masks. My wife volunteers at one of the test sites and says most of the people coming in with covid symptoms, only have the flu.   
blue_or_die

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2020, 07:05:58 PM »

There cases of the flu in Manitoba. They mite not be report on the front page of the news but there are cases. The schools are reporting very low cases this year due to social distancing, and masks. My wife volunteers at one of the test sites and says most of the people coming in with covid symptoms, only have the flu.   

Right, they mean logged cases, but it's still indicative of the reality although not quantitatively. For example, I've had the flu probably tons of times in my life but the government never knew about it to include it in stats.

Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

Mask rally in Winnipeg on Saturday. This could get interesting.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2020, 07:21:36 PM »

COVID cases are being lumped with flu cases.

blue_or_die

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 07:42:56 PM »

COVID cases are being lumped with flu cases.

Is the test not selective to covid, or is it not able to differentiate between covid and the flu?

Pigskin

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 08:06:40 PM »

Is the test not selective to covid, or is it not able to differentiate between covid and the flu?

The test is only for COVID. You either have COVID or you don't. I get test once a week and they have never said anything but, positive or negative.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:17:12 PM by Pigskin » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 11:55:44 PM »

The test is only for COVID. You either have COVID or you don't. I get test once a week and they have never said anything but, positive or negative.

That?s what I thought. So it?s fair to say that Goldmember?s assertion that positive covid tests are being padded by the flu is false?

BlueInCgy

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2020, 04:50:57 PM »

Mask rally in Winnipeg on Saturday. This could get interesting.

Like Pro Mask or Anti Mask (I'm assuming Anti Mask, because a Pro Mask rally would seem counterintuitive.  If you're pro mask, you're likely pro social distancing, which a rally is not).

I don't get the issue with masks.  It's simple.  It's cheap.  It may or may not be effective, but it keeps the politicians at bay.  I mean, seriously, if we got told wearing white socks would help, there would be a group of barefooters/sandal wearers who would protest.  What's worse - wear a mask, potentially reduce the risk, and be able to function semi normally, or go back to lock down until May?  Masks are not uncommon in many parts of the world.
Pigskin

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »

475 new cases in Manitoba today, with 8 deaths. Winnipeg had 271 of those cases with a TPR of 13.7%. 124 new Cases in the southern region.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:41:39 PM by Pigskin » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2020, 01:24:50 AM »

Like Pro Mask or Anti Mask (I'm assuming Anti Mask, because a Pro Mask rally would seem counterintuitive.  If you're pro mask, you're likely pro social distancing, which a rally is not).

I don't get the issue with masks.  It's simple.  It's cheap.  It may or may not be effective, but it keeps the politicians at bay.  I mean, seriously, if we got told wearing white socks would help, there would be a group of barefooters/sandal wearers who would protest.  What's worse - wear a mask, potentially reduce the risk, and be able to function semi normally, or go back to lock down until May?  Masks are not uncommon in many parts of the world.
And the voice of reason prevails, coming from you, most of the time.  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: