Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2020, 08:04:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Plays that Made a Champion: #1 A hint of magic  (Read 153 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: October 24, 2020, 05:44:30 AM »

10 Plays that Made a Champion: #1 A hint of magic - Ed Tait

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers championship run last November is already folklore in these parts thanks to the compelling characters and storylines that were part of the heart-racing moments leading up the historic finish.

The story has already been told in book form - and, yes, that?s an obvious and shameless plug for our 'For the W: look back at the championship season', available at The Bomber Store.

Still, what often gets glossed over are the smaller moments that helped shape the big picture - those critical and timely plays that, collectively combined, make a champion, whether they come on offence, defence or special teams. Over the next few weeks, www.bluebombers.com will dig a little deeper at 10 signature plays from last fall?s run that, given the benefit of hindsight, were massive in the club?s 11th Grey Cup championship.

#1 - A HINT OF MAGIC

The Canadian Football League's official statistics report for Game #83 of the 2019 season simply lists it as play #121 - an eight-yard completion from Zach Collaros to Darvin Adams for a touchdown.

Yet, rewind to last October and the Blue Bombers' last regular season contest against the Calgary Stampeders and the Collaros-to-Adams touchdown is certainly bigger than what is spelled out in the black and white of the statistical summary.

It was a play that provided immediate hope in that moment, and a hint of the promise that was to come. And, besides being a play-of-the-year candidate, it also offered a glimpse of the different dimension Collaros could offer the Bombers' offence........

The rest of "10 Plays..." is here.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 05:30:09 AM »

Yup, the play that lit the fire that was never extinguished until the GC win.

I was sitting in the nosebleeds, C, west-side.  The catch was in the S EZ on the W side.  Even though I was standing I couldn't see Darvin.  I thought for sure Collaros was just chucking it away.  Then the crowd went mental and I knew it was a TD, but I was like "huh, how is that possible"?  It looked like it was way OOB.  Had to catch it on the jumbotron and I was like WOW!

There's certain moments at IGF you never forget.  For me that one is up there with the MTL Miracle game and the single game double Janarion return TDs.

Great memories.

I'm excited to know what the other 9 plays will be... I could probably guess at least 5 of them.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: