Blue Bombers Forum
April 13, 2021, 10:36:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Your pick
Empire - 12 (29.3%)
Eagles - 9 (22%)
Elite - 1 (2.4%)
Elks - 9 (22%)
Other (suggest name) - 10 (24.4%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested new name for Edmonton CFL team  (Read 18156 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2021, 02:54:23 PM »

lol, I was being sarcastic. I was making a play on your joke being such a dad joke that it was not suitable for the public. I didn't actually want it deleted lmaooo  Cheesy

I know, no problem. I posted it once and deleted it before re-posting it  2nd time. It was a low blow to Edmonton. Whoops nearly called them by their former name.

I am curious how all this works out with a new name, logos and mascots.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2021, 03:38:52 PM »

I have to admit, I originally thought of a Wolfhound, as opposed to an Elkhound, and the are two very different phenotypes, very different presentations... Wolfhounds would make a more sinister logo... Elkhouds are fluffy...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2021, 06:24:14 PM »

There was a funny elkhound cartoon on twitter yesterday. A basset hound with elk horns and an Edmonton E on it.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2021, 01:36:35 AM »

Looks like Elks are the top contender now...
blue_or_die

« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2021, 02:14:06 PM »

Looks like Elks are the top contender now...

The more I think of it, the more I like it. Works well with their same colour scheme, isn't cheesy, and a fantastic opportunity for a secondary logo.

I'll just come out and say this: the type of folks who are very, very against losing the Eskimo monicker are in the same group of folks that probably appreciate the outdoor/hunting lifestyle, and so this might placate their concerns and they may grow to embrace Elks as a better name representing the north of Alberta.

I'm already envisioning some sort of green and yellow (NOT GOLD) camo pattern for a third jersey special, which would be very cool if done right.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2021, 02:22:59 PM »

The more I think of it, the more I like it. Works well with their same colour scheme, isn't cheesy, and a fantastic opportunity for a secondary logo.

I'll just come out and say this: the type of folks who are very, very against losing the Eskimo monicker are in the same group of folks that probably appreciate the outdoor/hunting lifestyle, and so this might placate their concerns and they may grow to embrace Elks as a better name representing the north of Alberta.

I'm already envisioning some sort of green and yellow (NOT GOLD) camo pattern for a third jersey special, which would be very cool if done right.

Digital camo, like the stadium? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »

Camo? Like our pigeon poop jerseys from a few years back? Yuk. They don't want to be thought of as the Ex-Camo's.  Grin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
blue_or_die

« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »

Digital camo, like the stadium? 

Camo? Like our pigeon poop jerseys from a few years back? Yuk. They don't want to be thought of as the Ex-Camo's.  Grin

Our jerseys looked dumb because the pixelation and colours resulting (ranging from super light blue to purple) they used were bad. You could to 'regular' camo (not digital) with Edmonton's colour scheme and it might work. I'm not a camo person, but people eat that stuff up in the market believe it or not.

Blue In BC

« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2021, 05:17:07 PM »

I saw a comment about Edmonton being referred to the Ex-imos. It struck me as funny. Obviously not to be taken seriously but did get a chuckle out of me today.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 05:41:55 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2021, 01:53:33 PM »

While Elks seems to be the frontrunner... Elkhounds gives a huge number of promotion opportunities... everyone loves anything dog related...  even halftime disc dog shows apparently...

blue_or_die

« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:44 PM »

While Elks seems to be the frontrunner... Elkhounds gives a huge number of promotion opportunities... everyone loves anything dog related...  even halftime disc dog shows apparently...

You come from a biased perspective  Tongue

theaardvark

« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2021, 05:15:33 AM »

You come from a biased perspective  Tongue

Sure... I see your point, but still, people identify with the hounds more than an Elk...

Which reminds me... Monty Python... listen here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dj_X3vexak&list=RD-dj_X3vexak&start_radio=1&t=0

BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »

Looks like the name will be the Elks... ugh..
theaardvark

« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »

Odds on favourite... going to be an interesting mascot situation... have to get rid of the polar bear, but can you keep the dumb football?  And does the Elk end up like Mick E Moose?  A cartoonized Elk?  and how do you make it an Elk vs a Reindeer or Moose...

Add in, are they going to tie in the quarter to the name?  Are they going to promote the fact that the Bank of Canada is putting their logo on the quarter?  Are they going to tie in concessions or parking to the use of quarters?  "Buy a beer, and get a bag of popcorn for an Elk"  "Parking is just 2 Elks with ticket purchase"

the.inkster

« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2021, 09:08:03 PM »

Why do you say that? I've looked at numerous polls, and Eagles was the #1 popular choice in all of them with Elk (Elk is the plural form of Elk...not Elks) being 3rd most of time.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  

Jump to: