Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 03:39:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How about that home opener?  (Read 679 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 03:18:21 PM »

Give your head a shake man. If that's not excessive/unsportsmanlike then nothing is.

We were up by 8 scores at that point. Wolitarsky is a **** professional and apparently he needs to learn to act like it. I don't care that he got 174 yards (many of which, as you mention, with his feet in mid-handstand) in a game, I hope O'Shea makes him do gassers all practice long on Monday. Totally unacceptable and you know it.

I'll give you this much - when he fired the ball back through the uprights while doing a handspring 540 to get back on his feet, I kinda had flashbacks to Keith Stokes pulling the program out of the upright padding.  So, maybe a penalty, but even then, is it really that different than the Hardrick hop?
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 07:55:51 PM »

I can't stop laughing ? very entertaining everyone  Cheesy

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 11:18:51 PM »

I was thoroughly disgusted with the D's performance.  Offense puts up a CFL record in points, and the D can't be bothered to do one thing and that's shut out the opposition.  Unacceptable.
lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 04:39:44 AM »

I was thoroughly disgusted with the D's performance.  Offense puts up a CFL record in points, and the D can't be bothered to do one thing and that's shut out the opposition.  Unacceptable.

Wasn't the D's fault though.  The League instituted an old and obscure rule that if the winning team scores more than 100 points, the opposition is automatically awarded 3 points to avoid embarrassment to league and to Calgary who left the field in tears.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BlueInCgy

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »

Wasn't the D's fault though.  The League instituted an old and obscure rule that if the winning team scores more than 100 points, the opposition is automatically awarded 3 points to avoid embarrassment to league and to Calgary who left the field in tears.

#blameitonAmbroisie #anotherfactforRodBlack
BlueInCgy

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »

Gotta say though, I was a little nervous when they put Keith Urban in for play by play, but the dude must have been studying up something fierce during quarantine, because he didn't screw up a single penalty call or scoring play.  That, and he has no idea who Johnny Manziel is (why Forde mentioned him is beyond me).  Now, granted, 'Stralian still isn't really English, so at times it was hard to understand him, but when he started to sing after Jefferson's second turnover TD dance, I spewed beer all over my living room.

blue_or_die

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »

Gotta say though, I was a little nervous when they put Keith Urban in for play by play, but the dude must have been studying up something fierce during quarantine, because he didn't screw up a single penalty call or scoring play.  That, and he has no idea who Johnny Manziel is (why Forde mentioned him is beyond me).  Now, granted, 'Stralian still isn't really English, so at times it was hard to understand him, but when he started to sing after Jefferson's second turnover TD dance, I spewed beer all over my living room.

It was cool he brought Nicole up to the booth as well. I had a huge crush on her back in the 90s.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BlueInCgy

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »

It was cool he brought Nicole up to the booth as well. I had a huge crush on her back in the 90s.

Yeah, but then I found out she's a Riders fan, and that really ruined the fantasy.

I mean, I guess it makes sense.  She's married to a country music star.  Country music has often been associated with cousin lovers.  Rider fans have the highest percentage of "UncleDads" out there.

So that would make it three degrees of Rob Bagg-on then?

(Note - making fun of Rider fans, not country music fans, but the joke needed a Bridge.  Not a Brandon Bridge though, because he can't hit the broad side of a barn.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:07:25 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 11:16:09 PM »

Yeah, but then I found out she's a Riders fan, and that really ruined the fantasy.

I mean, I guess it makes sense.  She's married to a country music star.  Country music has often been associated with cousin lovers.  Rider fans have the highest percentage of "UncleDads" out there.

So that would make it three degrees of Rob Bagg-on then?

(Note - making fun of Rider fans, not country music fans, but the joke needed a Bridge.  Not a Brandon Bridge though, because he can't hit the broad side of a barn.)

Yeah, as annoying as it was having Kidman even mentioning the Riders in a Bomber game where we weren?t playing them, faaaaaaarrr more irritating was Suitor hearing that and losing total composure and very not-so-subtley asking if she would be interesting in a swingers type of arrangement. Real classy, Glenn  Roll Eyes

Pretty sure that was during the Darvin Adams flea flicker play too, which took us from deep in our own end to mid field. I think we got at least 3 on that drive, too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:18:26 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »

I have a Rider fan two cabins down from me at the lake. I love reminding him how the bombers have marched into the toilet bowl in back to back years and beat the Riders in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:26:48 AM by Pigskin » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: