Blue Bombers Forum
July 03, 2020, 02:50:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IF A Season is started......  (Read 1200 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »

I agree, but it still may not be enough to get the (probably) washed-uppers like Arceneaux and A.Bowman spots on rosters.  Maybe the right-on-the-bubble guys will get an extra year.  Having trouble thinking up some names, though.

Weird they mention pre-season games... I don't think they'll have time for any pre-season games.  It'll be straight into full on football.

No I don't think it will give Manny, Bowman or Chris Matthews a second life, but it could mean the Bombers stick with the receivers they had last year by default.  Main concern is in the secondary finding replacements for Sayles and Rose, although I get the impression from recent comments that Rose is now available.  I have no idea what his status with the NFL is.
DM83

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 03:34:17 PM »

Boys will be boys.

The fast guys are always running, so  a couple days to getsome timing down, and a way you go.
O linemen ?  do they really need a training camp to get in shape.?  I mean do they ever get in shape?

Now  there may be a run on injuries, but think about it, everyone is in the same boat.  Lots of passing, area blocking, and  probably man on man defence as  no one  has practiced zone.  Could be a track meet.  Think NFL all-Star Pro-Bowl game.)

The season build in natural intensity.  He who has the most money to recruit wins.

Be a quick fun season.

Let's go!
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 01:28:16 PM »

No I don't think it will give Manny, Bowman or Chris Matthews a second life, but it could mean the Bombers stick with the receivers they had last year by default.  Main concern is in the secondary finding replacements for Sayles and Rose, although I get the impression from recent comments that Rose is now available.  I have no idea what his status with the NFL is.

Lawler and Bailey showed their worth last season and should only improve with time. Whitehead and Grant should still be around, plus the NAT talent. IMO, the biggest question mark will be how Pierce designs his offense vis a vis receiver usage.

+1 on Sayles and Rose. If there is a season, I think their absence will be felt early on. I'd love to see them back here if their NFL aspirations don't pan out.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Pigskin

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 04:33:00 PM »

Speaking with a bomber on the weekend at the lake. He doesn't believe there will be a CFL season this year. As he said, you have to have American players to play. The US is still out of control. He doesn't see it getting any better. I would have to agree. With most of our cases lately have been travel related I can not see the borders opening anytime in the near future.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2020, 05:52:29 PM »

Speaking with a bomber on the weekend at the lake. He doesn't believe there will be a CFL season this year. As he said, you have to have American players to play. The US is still out of control. He doesn't see it getting any better. I would have to agree. With most of our cases lately have been travel related I can not see the borders opening anytime in the near future.

I was surprised to read even with the border shutdown, 201,866 crossings took place from the U.S., into Canada in a one week period with many still arriving through air, a couple of hundred extra CFL players isn't going to make much difference. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/hundreds-of-thousands-of-u-s-visitors-are-still-crossing-border-into-canada-each-week/wcm/ba7aeffa-a6ae-4389-a753-de84cb0cf97f/

Bottom line the Fed. govt. either gets on board doing whatever it can to help the CFL facilitate a modified season, or they take some level of responsibility for preventing the league from mounting a recovery operation.
Pigskin

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »

I was surprised to read even with the border shutdown, 201,866 crossings took place from the U.S., into Canada in a one week period with many still arriving through air, a couple of hundred extra CFL players isn't going to make much difference. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/hundreds-of-thousands-of-u-s-visitors-are-still-crossing-border-into-canada-each-week/wcm/ba7aeffa-a6ae-4389-a753-de84cb0cf97f/

Bottom line the Fed. govt. either gets on board doing whatever it can to help the CFL facilitate a modified season, or they take some level of responsibility for preventing the league from mounting a recovery operation.

Not sure where your getting this info from. Just read the Canadian government is extending the ban on travellers who are not Canadians to enter Canada.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 06:18:52 PM by Pigskin » Logged
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2020, 05:16:24 AM »

Not sure where your getting this info from. Just read the Canadian government is extending the ban on travellers who are not Canadians to enter Canada.

It's in the link I provided, it's supposed to allow only essential workers such as transport drivers permission to cross and those passing through directly to Alaska, and yet I saw at least a dozen US plates in the Okanagan Valley this past weekend, mostly older folk.  Sure looked like tourists to me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:24:27 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
DM83

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »

With the recent idiocy of Donald Trump, and the lack of common sense re distancing and face ,masks, the resultant spread of the virus has exploded.

The likelihood of a season does seem less and less.

However, if we are to accept this change, many Things in the past may change.

Maybe the teams. Do not play this year.
But what about making it happen. Can we use Canadian players?
Or. Trudeau will Grant them special status like he has for baseball and Hockey.

What's holding us Back is the limit of crowd size,,which funds the CFL  But that will open up once the Blue Jays start playing. ( crowd size)

Soon there will be a vaccine, or maybe it's Trumos plan to let everyone get infected, survive, build up immunity and away you go.

Only those who have has. Covid can attend.?

Non sense ? Well yes according to the last....
Pigskin

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »

Are you sure they where not mostly Canadian's returning to Canada from the US.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: