Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 01:18:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitehead feeling stronger, wiser and more focused heading into year 2  (Read 255 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 19, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »

Whitehead feeling stronger, wiser and more focused heading into year 2 - Ed Tait

Lucky Whitehead is down on all fours, his fingers scraping at the ground in front of him, his feet digging in for some kind of traction, his face just a few inches from the pavement as he leans forward while the harness he?s wearing strains on his shoulders.

It takes a few moments, but the strength and power of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers receiver results in movement as the semi-truck he is attempting to pull begins to slowly roll forward.

Wait... semi-truck?

"Let me tell you," began Whitehead in a chat with bluebombers.com on the weekend, "after that, wow, my legs really felt like noodles."

Here's the back story: while training at his home in Miami, Fla., Whitehead usually ends his workout sessions by doing sled pulls. He got into the act of pulling his own truck as part of his exercising, posted an Instagram story of it and then saw a reply from a fan pulling a bigger box truck.

"I jokingly said, 'OK, if we're trying to compete right now, what do I have to do? Pull an 18-wheeler?'," Whitehead explained. "Then they Tweeted back, 'If you pull an 18-wheeler, I'm going to pull a train.'"

Whitehead contacted his trainer Raymond Washington immediately, asking how difficult it would be to pull a semi-truck. The answer? "He said 'It's going to be hard, but it's not impossible. Let's try it.'"

Whitehead did try it and the video evidence subsequently exploded on social media, especially after House of Highlights - with thousands of Twitter and Instagram followers and over 2.4 million subscribers on their YouTube channel - contacted him and asked for permission to run the clip.

"It's been going a whole lot of crazy since then," said Whitehead with a chuckle. "I've been getting a lot of messages."

This is a story about more than just Whitehead pulling a semi-truck, although that's a pretty cool place to start.....

Read Ed Tait's full article here!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:40:44 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BigBomberFan

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:25:40 AM »

Nice! He should pull the train next, that way he can say that he pulls like a freight train.  Smiley
DM83

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 12:31:41 AM »

Well naturally, how about one of those vintage. world War 2 Bombers.  What a way to kick off a season ticket campaign next year!
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »

He was one player in particular I was looking forward to seeing his development in year 2.

No more excuses.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 01:44:48 PM »

He was one player in particular I was looking forward to seeing his development in year 2.

Me too.

It's interesting that the guy had one solid game and yet he is a fan favourite. Count me in as a big Lucky fan as well. He has an infectious personality and is easy to cheer for. Hoping he can make a more consistent impact, if only so he can stick around long enough to interact with fans more. I'm sure he has a great locker room presence, too.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: