Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2020, 08:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make IGF safe?  (Read 1322 times)
bwiser

« on: May 15, 2020, 07:16:43 PM »

If the CFL does play this season what do the Bombers need to do to make IGF safe for fans to attend? Some of my ideas would be to limit how many fans attend and all fans wear masks. There would have to be some control over too many people congregating in the concourse {no rum hut}. I think the tailgate would have to be discontinued. What other safeguards would you recommend?
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 07:23:17 PM »

Start wearing green      Grin

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Donny C

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:13:29 PM »

It's fun to think about there being a CFL season, and I hope there is...but it's a logistical nightmare!

And would they alienate their fans more than it would be worth?

If some type of social distancing protocols remain, only some fans will get to attend each game - and you have to assume the priority goes to season ticket holders. But not all could go to every game (figuring out how to space out season ticket holders alone would be tough).

What if it is your turn to go to the game, they check your temp and it is too high? Now you can't go to the game that was supposed to be allotted to you. How does that make you feel if you are feeling completely fine? (My wife has to take her temp every day before going into work and if you are over 38 Celcius - it might even be 37.5, you can't go in and must get tested).

Bathrooms would still have to be offered. Cleaning each stall after each person?

Then what about a home playoff game when many season ticket holders can't attend?

And the list just goes on.

I get that the thread was about what would you like to see, but I don't know how they would put in enough safeguards to actually make it work.
bwiser

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 01:06:00 AM »

It's fun to think about there being a CFL season, and I hope there is...but it's a logistical nightmare!

And would they alienate their fans more than it would be worth?

If some type of social distancing protocols remain, only some fans will get to attend each game - and you have to assume the priority goes to season ticket holders. But not all could go to every game (figuring out how to space out season ticket holders alone would be tough).

What if it is your turn to go to the game, they check your temp and it is too high? Now you can't go to the game that was supposed to be allotted to you. How does that make you feel if you are feeling completely fine? (My wife has to take her temp every day before going into work and if you are over 38 Celcius - it might even be 37.5, you can't go in and must get tested).

Bathrooms would still have to be offered. Cleaning each stall after each person?

Then what about a home playoff game when many season ticket holders can't attend?

And the list just goes on.

I get that the thread was about what would you like to see, but I don't know how they would put in enough safeguards to actually make it work.
I agree it would be a huge challenge but is there enough safeguards that could be put in place to actually hold a game with some fans and what would those safeguards be.
the paw

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 01:15:48 AM »

Yes, there is a way to be safe.  There are 87 sections in IGF.  Place one fan in each section.  Charge them $10,000 each.

This is about as practical a plan as masks and positive thinking. 

grab grass 'n growl
blue girl

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 02:25:42 AM »

I agree it would be a huge challenge but is there enough safeguards that could be put in place to actually hold a game with some fans and what would those safeguards be.
Please don't let the negative people get you down. There is nothing wrong with trying to be positive. Of course there are things that can be done but it will require sacrifices. Do what they do at grocery stores and shopping centres. At the concessions either put up plastic shields and stickers for spacing on the floor or do as they've done at the food courts in shopping malls and close them. I'm not sure what to do about the washrooms but perhaps they can figure something out. As for controlling the crowd, again I would do like the shopping malls and use security guards. If people don't want to co-operate then throw them out. 
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 04:01:41 AM »

Sure it could work.

Everyone wears a mask and it never comes off.  That would curb most of the risk.  Absolutely no concessions, no food, no drinks.  Impossible to eat/drink with a mask and it encourages face touching and hand-to-food contamination.  Myself, I wouldn't eat/drink handled food anyhow even if it was available.

So the question becomes... if you have the gate revenue, is it enough??  Can they even break even without concessions?

Bathrooms are fine as long as you're wearing a mask (and goggles would help too) and you wash your hands.  It can't go through your skin: it has to go into your mucous membranes (nose, throat, eyes, etc.).

It can be done.  There would be risk, but it would be small.  People would evaluate their own risk factors.  I would expect a lot of the over-70 crowd to stay home.  That's a lot of fans!!

I also choose to be optimistic.

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »

During TV time outs they have that game where two people are in those plastic balls and they race. Everyone could be in a bubble ball and roll throughout IGF.

#positivethinking

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TBURGESS

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 12:51:57 PM »

2 meters apart means at least 2 seats between each group of people who live at the same address and every other row being empty. That in itself means less than a third of the capacity of the stadium for fans. They'd also have to have a ton of security to stop people from moving from their assigned seats to go visit or to get better seats.

No food. Line ups for the washrooms at 2 meters apart would go around the concourse and take about an hour to get into the washroom itself. Then they'd have to clean between each user.

Masks are part of the answer, but only N95's provide enough safety for large gatherings for a long exposure time. Using those for a sporting event is a huge waste of resources that simply wouldn't happen. Data shows that cloth masks mostly make people feel safer, they don't provide a lot of protection especially for long periods of time like a football game. Cloth masks are basically good enough if you don't have an N95 to pass people in the grocery store or on the street.

It's not about being positive or negative. It's about following the data. Unfortunately, the politicians don't have to follow the data.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
gordo

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 10:58:18 PM »

Put Bomber-for-Life Season ticket holders in every 3rd row, 3 seats apart, with masks and gloves. No concessions.

One at a time in bathrooms (no beer=no pee).

Strictly enforce social distancing.  Break a rule, get ejected immediately.

Pay per view at 10 bucks a game for everyone else in the province.

Now let's play.
Donny C

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 12:24:14 AM »

The Bombers make a bunch of money off the concession stands (I believe in the way fo rent. Those independent & chain stands (from my understanding) no not make money but are a way to get their product to market for the customer to try. That is why each of them (if not all of them have other locations outside of the stadium.
Donny C

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 12:28:56 AM »

Put Bomber-for-Life Season ticket holders in every 3rd row, 3 seats apart, with masks and gloves. No concessions.

One at a time in bathrooms (no beer=no pee).

Strictly enforce social distancing.  Break a rule, get ejected immediately.

Pay per view at 10 bucks a game for everyone else in the province.

Now let's play.

How would that go over with Bomber for Life holders? They could not sit in their normal seat (many of them) and they could not sit with those they hold tickets with.

How would that work with the larger season ticket base? It could be a very quick way to alienate the season ticket base. "Sorry, you don't get to come to the games and you have to pay $10 to watch."

I get it. We would love to see a season. And maybe there is a creative idea out there that would work. I don't think we have seen it yet, and neither have other sports leagues.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 12:56:16 AM »

Sure it could work.

Everyone wears a mask and it never comes off.  That would curb most of the risk.  Absolutely no concessions, no food, no drinks.  Impossible to eat/drink with a mask and it encourages face touching and hand-to-food contamination.  Myself, I wouldn't eat/drink handled food anyhow even if it was available.

So the question becomes... if you have the gate revenue, is it enough??  Can they even break even without concessions?

Bathrooms are fine as long as you're wearing a mask (and goggles would help too) and you wash your hands.  It can't go through your skin: it has to go into your mucous membranes (nose, throat, eyes, etc.).

It can be done.  There would be risk, but it would be small.  People would evaluate their own risk factors.  I would expect a lot of the over-70 crowd to stay home.  That's a lot of fans!!

I also choose to be optimistic.

No

I have COPD.   You will not come near me.

I dont give a **** if you want to go see Games. I have issues with ppl putting me at risk...

I dont want to be sick and im sry i have COPD   ....  I dont want to die .
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 01:08:45 AM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
gordo

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 03:17:49 AM »

How would that go over with Bomber for Life holders? They could not sit in their normal seat (many of them) and they could not sit with those they hold tickets with.

How would that work with the larger season ticket base? It could be a very quick way to alienate the season ticket base. "Sorry, you don't get to come to the games and you have to pay $10 to watch."

I get it. We would love to see a season. And maybe there is a creative idea out there that would work. I don't think we have seen it yet, and neither have other sports leagues.
How would that go over with Bomber for Life holders? 
You mean if there is actually a season with CFL football games that they could attend?  I think they and everyone else would be thankful and very happy that the CFL didn't die. 

And if you told me there would be Bomber football within the next 12 months but I can't get in however it will be available on pay per view, I'd be one happy Bomber fan.

If charging to watch Bomber games will alienate folks then I guess they're not really fans. 

I have Bomber for Life Season tickets and I will continue to pay and really don't care what format is rolled out for a possible season as long as there is one. Sure Ambrosie fumbled the details, but the reality is the CFL is in real financial trouble and survival will require some sort of revenue that can only happen with games played or a government bail-out or probably a combination of the two. 

I also get it that any in-person format just doesn't work for some and I would be just as happy with games with no fans but there has to be some sort of payment because with no revenue there's no league.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 04:52:56 AM »

No

I have COPD.   You will not come near me.

I dont give a **** if you want to go see Games. I have issues with ppl putting me at risk...

I dont want to be sick and im sry i have COPD   ....  I dont want to die .

Holy smokes Mud... Literally 6 posts above mine saying basically the same thing (masks, distancing, washrooms) and you jump all over my post?  Seriously Mud, how many times have I jumped all over your posts and even come close to using a word that the site automatically bleeped?  I'll tell you: never.

Like the people above already said, we're trying to be positive.  If you don't want to posit positive ideas about how maybe we can still have a season, don't post.  There's the other thread  for all the negativeness.

As for your condition and risks, I have the simplest solution in the world for you if they hold some sort of CFL game @IGF: don't attend.  There, zero risk.

And if you told me there would be Bomber football within the next 12 months but I can't get in however it will be available on pay per view, I'd be one happy Bomber fan.

Bingo.  I totally agree.  That would be a "win" in my books.  I'd pay basically any fee they came up with if CFL went 100% PPV for 2020.  I blow about $150 every single game @IGF anyhow, so any cost less than that is bonus.  Heck, PPV-only will save me more because then I won't be able to blow wads on out of town playoffs/GCs!!

Never go full Rider!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: