Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2020, 06:52:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsung Heroes | Kelly Keith  (Read 72 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 11, 2020, 04:09:15 PM »

Unsung Heroes | Kelly Keith - Kellen Taniguchi
Contributor
@kellentaniguchi

Kelly Keith once lead drug busts, posed as a murderer for hire, and was part of a prostitution sting in his previous life as undercover officer for the Winnipeg Police Service. The Blue Bombers' longtime head of security remembers a time when he would wear street clothes, speak differently and do everything he could to look less like a cop when he went undercover to buy drugs and make busts.

"Initially, it was scary," said Keith. "It was very uncomfortable every day and then the more drug buys I made, the more comfortable I got because I was able to realize how I should act, how I should talk and how to read people's behaviour if they recognized I was a cop. It was an adrenaline rush.

"I posed as a murder for hire three times... I didn't kill them obviously," he added with a laugh.

He got a job as a cadet with the Toronto police right after he graduated school in 1984, and eventually made his way back to Winnipeg in 1988 to join the police force. He's spent six years with the Vice Division and still works with the police today. It's his job history led him to a job opportunity with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Keith is the fourth subject in our Unsung Heroes series where we profile some staff who work behind the scenes with the football club...

Read the rest of the article by Kellen Taniguchi here!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: