Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2020, 07:49:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: ?
Yes - 4 (11.4%)
No - 19 (54.3%)
Wouldn't help anyway - 3 (8.6%)
Don't have seasons but would donate anyway - 6 (17.1%)
Maybe - 3 (8.6%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you donate your season tickets to help keep league alive?  (Read 2313 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« on: May 08, 2020, 04:07:53 AM »

I would consider it

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
theaardvark

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »

That is silly.  The question is, would you demand repayment of your season tickets now if the season was cancelled, or would you let it ride, no interest or penalty, for next year's ducats.

I have no issue with that idea... might even buy some vouchers for concessions if offered...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Ridermania

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 01:21:13 PM »

I think most CFL teams will offer a carryover on tickets for 2021 season or a full refund if requested.

Personally, I will just have my season tickets move over to next year, but will request my Grey Cup ticket payment returned.

Side Note - I anticipate Grey Cup will stay in Hamilton for 2021 and then circle back to Saskatchewan in 2022.

Side Note II - When the season is cancelled, going to be very interesting how clubs handle older player contracts and how many veterans move-on to other careers.

Donny C

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »

We are in for about $3,000

I'll let the team keep the money as a rollover to next year's tickets.

For the last couple of years (while our kids are younger) we have sold 2 of our 3 seats for most of the games and taken the kids (one is still a lap child) to a couple of games.

That was the deal I made with my wife to keep the tickets while the kids were younger.

The fan in me yells, "For sure keep it as a donation," (and that might be the only way we could actually do it if we got a tax-deductible receipt. The reality is we make decisions as a couple and my wife would be a harder sell for that. She works in healthcare where they are having to lay off some staff for their programs. It would be hard for us to donate the money to the Blue Bombers as opposed to the 6 or so companies under the umbrella of the company she works for. We are already donating to that company in hopes that it will help keep some of their staff.

As Christians, we tithe at least 10% off of our gross salary to the church, have 4 sponsor kids, and donate to many other organizations (please don't take this a boasting, that's not the intent). Rather the intent is to show that we haven't paid for all of our tickets for the last number of years and that we are hevily invested in donations.
RebusRankin

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 04:08:04 PM »

I'd do a carryover to next season.
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 05:17:25 PM »

With so many people out of work I doubt there would be much support for a donation.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »

Sure. Winnipeg needs this team.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »

No, roll over only is ok.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Sec227

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 07:40:37 PM »

I think refunded tickets would be the death of the bombers. I dont know about the $$ amount of contracts that have to be payed out, roster or signing bonus this year. But it cant be in the millions. Even at 20,000 season tickets, round it an even 500 PER ticket. Thats $10,000,000 right there. Assume they may get some TSN $ early. The team should, should be ok. I understand the loan of the stadium. But it's easy to think the Govt will quietly defer that payment to a later date. Staff would be laid off. Some corporate sponsorship should be long term $$. All of that should keep them afloat, fingers crossed, if or when the season is cancelled.

It's NEXT year, thats going to be more dangerous than this year. Clawed back corporate $$, layoffs $$, that season ticket $ HAS to be carried over to next. NO new season $$.....See where Im going with this.

As a season ticket holder. I gladly will defer to next year. I don't need a refund, my tickets are paid in full.
blue girl

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 08:14:44 PM »

I have said along that The Bombers can keep the money that I have paid in season tickets. I'm not sure how much this is because I'm on The Bomber For Life program which deducts a certain amount every month. As far as I'm concerned the Bombers can keep deducting every month for the total amount. I realize that I'm in the minority since because of health issues I'm on disability. But that's also one of the reasons that I want to help the team. Football gives me a few hours a week to just forget my problems.
blue_or_die

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 10:36:57 PM »

I have said along that The Bombers can keep the money that I have paid in season tickets. I'm not sure how much this is because I'm on The Bomber For Life program which deducts a certain amount every month. As far as I'm concerned the Bombers can keep deducting every month for the total amount. I realize that I'm in the minority since because of health issues I'm on disability. But that's also one of the reasons that I want to help the team. Football gives me a few hours a week to just forget my problems.

You are a really great fan Smiley

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue girl

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 11:12:06 PM »

You are a really great fan Smiley
Well thank you for that. The thing is that by my choice I don't drink or smoke and I don't drive a car. So I choose to spend my money on The Bombers.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 03:48:56 AM »

Well thank you for that. The thing is that by my choice I don't drink or smoke and I don't drive a car. So I choose to spend my money on The Bombers.

You are one of the main reasons why the CFL and the Bombers are so important to the country and to fans across Canada and need to be around whenever there is an opening kickoff again - this year or next.  The federal government will hopefully step up if and when needed.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Knocker42

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 03:38:28 PM »

With the exception of two seasons when health prevented it, I have been a season ticket holder since 1970 and consider it to have been great value.  In their biggest time of need, I will gladly let them have my ticket money as a donation, in the hope that there will be future seasons.
In Motion

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 12:20:25 AM »

I'm  not a season ticket holder and not well off by any stretch of the imagination.
I'll be 65 in the fall. However, how much would I be willing to pay every year to
keep the Bombers in the city? I would say $500 per season for the rest of my life.
I already give a lot to charity, but I can afford this extra money as long as I don't
get sick and have all kinds of health-related costs. I have no debts and no family
to support, and live a very simple lifestyle.

If need be, I could even give $1,000 per year, though it would mean some sacrifices.
Due to COVID we might have to start living on less and giving up a few things, but the CFL is definitely not one of the things I want to give up. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: