Blue Bombers Forum
May 26, 2020, 07:21:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential format to salvage at least half of the CFL season  (Read 3092 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2020, 11:27:07 AM »

Quarantine would be part of it.  Shortening the season would be important to make this plausible.  As it is, many first years come to Canada and spend the whole full season away from family.  Want a job, here are the requirements...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »

Ugh you are most certainly part of the problem.

Well since it was part of work, and no way around it...yup...what a problem...especially when all involved other than the original infected (due to travel when it first broke) have been symptom and disease free...yup a big problem..get yer head out yer arse man...you take precautions...you can be safe...you catch it from close prolonged contact...its not in air flying around looking to mount you
booch

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2020, 12:22:16 PM »

What are you even trying to say in this post? Huh
since players unions would have no part..or agree in isolating...why should anyone else??...pretty easy to read
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2020, 08:59:40 AM »

Could you imagine if the season started Labour Day in Regina as Grey Cup champs! It would absolutely insane there. I already paid for my trip if it happens. It would be a CFL experience like no other! And hopefully for the right reasons.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2020, 10:22:02 AM »

Could you imagine if the season started Labour Day in Regina as Grey Cup champs! It would absolutely insane there. I already paid for my trip if it happens. It would be a CFL experience like no other! And hopefully for the right reasons.

We could always raise the banner at IGF-West.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2020, 01:02:39 PM »

since players unions would have no part..or agree in isolating...why should anyone else??...pretty easy to read

Not at all. If it were easy to read, you wouldn't have others on here asking for clarification or trying to explain the situation to you, which you don't seem to understand.

You clearly don't have a clue how this virus functions or is transmitted, or why the guidelines in place are in place. Take a look at the US to see what happens when you let a pandemic run amok.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
NewBlue

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2020, 10:18:43 PM »

Not at all. If it were easy to read, you wouldn't have others on here asking for clarification or trying to explain the situation to you, which you don't seem to understand.

You clearly don't have a clue how this virus functions or is transmitted, or why the guidelines in place are in place. Take a look at the US to see what happens when you let a pandemic run amok.

TBF it often seems even the experts don't. 

Anyways, saw on the news today that the Grey Cup will not be played in Regina 2020, but instaed could be awarded to the team with the most points in the league.  What if the top place team has an upset?  In a shortened season, with alot on the line now, each game would be huge!
Sec223

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2020, 11:05:55 PM »

Grey Cup in Winnipeg in December with no special events scheduled. Pass !! On the bright side social distancing wouldn't be an issue Smiley
buckzumhoff

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »

Last grey cup game was Nov 24. So it's a week later.  No special events is fine. Most are there to watch football. I never decide on buying a ticket by a half time show.
NewBlue

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2020, 12:49:54 AM »

Grey Cup in Winnipeg in December with no special events scheduled. Pass !! On the bright side social distancing wouldn't be an issue Smiley

Now that doesn't sound like someone from section 223, unless that was 30 years ago! 
Grey Cup in Dec, as long as we're in it - hells ya!  Grin
ichabod_crane

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2020, 01:20:59 AM »

This news release came out this evening: Winnipeg's pro sports teams can reopen training facilities under strict guidelines

https://canoe.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/winnipegs-pro-sports-teams-can-reopen-training-facilities-under-strict-guidelines/wcm/6ef39c2a-1e86-4661-b0c0-fdb389fa6246
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:54 PM »

TBF it often seems even the experts don't. 

It's almost like this is an unprecedented event for the human race and we have to take it one day at a time. No, wait... It's exactly that.

Fact is the experts know more than non-experts, which was the point. People exhibiting the Dunning-Kruger Effect are a threat to public safety, too.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
NewBlue

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »

It's almost like this is an unprecedented event for the human race and we have to take it one day at a time. No, wait... It's exactly that.

Fact is the experts know more than non-experts, which was the point. People exhibiting the Dunning-Kruger Effect are a threat to public safety, too.

Unprecedented for the human race?   Huh
Unprecedented for our generation, yes...but for all of human history - no.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »

Unprecedented for the human race?   Huh
Unprecedented for our generation, yes...but for all of human history - no.

Roll Eyes

Yes, unprecedented in the current state of human civilization (since the dawn of commercial air travel, amount of people on the planet, and the interconnectedness of populations as it relates to social, economic, and recreational activities).

I figured the context of my statement was a given considering how much the world has changed since the last pandemic of this scale.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
NewBlue

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »

Even here I'm going to have to disagree with you. Technology & world travel have changed since the Spanish Flu, but the societies were still definitly connected.  More recent pandemics have occured, just not at the scale today in NA.

I don't know a thing about you, so I can't possibly know the "context" of your statement except for what it actually says, which was wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: