Blue Bombers Forum
July 08, 2020, 10:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Kelly WR  (Read 1152 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 06:24:42 PM »

Kelly was fine. Maybe wouldve been better if he had better QBs. But in general I put him in the "what ifs" along with Greg Carr and Mike Sims-Walker

Eh... He had Glenn in 2011 and Burris in 2012 and 2013 throwing him the ball when he was with the Ti-Cats. Burris had a career season in 2012, too (104.4 QB rating). Of note, Kelly only dressed for 6 games in 2012, which may speak to his lack of quality as a receiver. And FWIW, Willy's 2014 season was his best, particularly early on in it. And that was Kelly's most productive season and he had his first 100-yard receiving game in 2014. I'm not sure how much of the "better QB" argument holds water.

I absolutely agree on the comparison to Greg Carr.

Gerrard Sheppard, Thomas Mayo, Jayce Davis, Justin Veltung, Kevin Cone....the list could go on and on and on.

This.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 11:34:17 PM »

He had a lot of potential, and I remember him having something like a +100 yard game and 2 TD's or something like that with us that gave us something to believe in during a bad season (a la Troy Kopp). GCN19 mentioned something about Kelly saying something about his usage during a slump that I vaguely remember as well, and my personal analysis is that his skills--on any of the teams that he was on--was something that got him the job, but it must have boiled down ultimately to him not applying himself enough on a consistent basis to warrant moving to the next rung up the career ladder.
kkc60

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »

Gerrard Sheppard, Thomas Mayo, Jayce Davis, Justin Veltung, Kevin Cone....the list could go on and on and on.

I was so sure Veltung was gonna be good
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: