Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 06:14:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Covid-19  (Read 4913 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2020, 05:28:40 PM »

Two today, no details.  No double digits I hope.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2020, 05:19:24 PM »

27 cases for the long weekend. I was hoping we could do better, people are out and about and very few are social distancing and wearing masks.
bomber4life85

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2020, 07:42:58 PM »

We all knew numbers were going to go up as more people are out and about and virtually everything is open now in some capacity. Its coming to the point where you wear a mask and go out or dont at a risk (until it becomes mandatory) or just stay home if you feel vulnerable. I wouldnt say these are numbers that are out of this world though.
bomber4life85

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2020, 07:46:33 PM »

There are over 100 Hutterite colonies in this province. Just because "some" were careless doesn't mean it's reasonable or fair to assume all Hutterites have been or are careless.

Stigmatizing groups based on appearance does nothing but throw fuel on the fire.

i think my last comment was deleted in response to this or I didnt send properly. no idea. but yeah I agree 100% with you.. that is ridiculous to have that mind set. that's like saying because the virus is from china that all Chinese should stay home.. like come on.. this is a virus.. it has zero preference of who it attacks. How many people are white and not hutterite that have it? more than hutterites i'll tell you. 
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2020, 08:48:03 PM »

There are over 100 Hutterite colonies in this province. Just because "some" were careless doesn't mean it's reasonable or fair to assume all Hutterites have been or are careless.

Stigmatizing groups based on appearance does nothing but throw fuel on the fire.

I agree...  But from what i understand they used the Hutterite status as a reason they never had to trace where they have been in the city.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pigskin

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2020, 07:10:33 PM »

Only two new cases today.
Pigskin

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »

Looks like another 2 cases today.
Pigskin

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »

Manitoba Liquor Mart Employee's to start wearing masks starting Thursday.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2020, 10:08:40 PM »

Manitoba Liquor Mart Employee's to start wearing masks starting Thursday.

Masks will be mandatory country wide by September.

Best ones (for the money) that I've found so far are the 10 pack for $30 from Old Navy.  Comfortable, stylish, inexpensive, and fit fairly well.  Don't think their efficacy is any better or worse than other non medicals, so if you have to wear one, the less it sucks to wear the better.

Worst ones - the Under Armour mask.  Literally feels like I'm wearing a foam mattress from 1986 on my face, and after a few wears it smells like a foam mattress from 1986 (that sat in a landfill until last week).  And they're $35 a piece.
blue_or_die

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2020, 11:41:26 PM »

Masks will be mandatory country wide by September.

Best ones (for the money) that I've found so far are the 10 pack for $30 from Old Navy.  Comfortable, stylish, inexpensive, and fit fairly well.  Don't think their efficacy is any better or worse than other non medicals, so if you have to wear one, the less it sucks to wear the better.

Worst ones - the Under Armour mask.  Literally feels like I'm wearing a foam mattress from 1986 on my face, and after a few wears it smells like a foam mattress from 1986 (that sat in a landfill until last week).  And they're $35 a piece.

Me and the wife use our Bomber ones. Comfy and I can represent!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pigskin

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2020, 01:12:01 AM »

My wife and daughter have been sewing our masks. Right now the Jet's masks are in hot demand. We also have a lot of N95's. Harv-Al also has some nice masks for $10 each they can also print company logo's on the masks for an extra $1.50 per.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:16:02 PM by Pigskin » Logged
pjrocksmb

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2020, 04:31:54 AM »

Double digits got me worried
Masks should be mandatory now

Blue In BC

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »

Whenever I go out in public I'm amazed that it seems that less than 5% of people are wearing masks.  Most don't even bother to worry about distancing rules either. It's very frustrating.

Still many non believers. Everyday you hear about a few that didn't believe that come down with the virus.

It's not that hard to wear a mask. It's not just your health to consider but everyone else.

Please wear a mask.

No more excuses.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »

Whenever I go out in public I'm amazed that it seems that less than 5% of people are wearing masks.  Most don't even bother to worry about distancing rules either. It's very frustrating.

Still many non believers. Everyday you hear about a few that didn't believe that come down with the virus.

It's not that hard to wear a mask. It's not just your health to consider but everyone else.

Please wear a mask.

I'm currently spending half my time in Calgary and half my time in Vancouver, and it's amazing the difference in attitude.  Masks/gloves/"this is not normal" is far more prevalent in Calgary than Vancouver, and that's ignoring the Mandatory Masks Bylaw that went into effect August 1 in Calgary, because I haven't been back there since it took effect.

At the end of the day, I guess, if people want to go back in to lockdown in a month, they'll find a way to do it.  I don't, from a business perspective I can't afford quarantine right now cause it will (literally) kill my company, and from a personal perspective I don't want to lose my job right now because we're already down one income due to COVID (my wife lost her job of 9 years in April due to COVID).

It's not hard to keep a couple of masks in your car/backpack/desk.  It's also not hard not to go do things that don't need to be done, or to plan them in such a way as to do them with as little exposure as possible.  We're not out of this thing yet, and another lockdown will decimate people and provinces.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2020, 02:26:35 AM »

Majority of the population will continue to refuse to change.  Pretty sad as its actually pretty easy to beat this if you just stay home, wear protective gear and be safe.  We will be in double digits for weeks now.  Opened too much up too soon.  I thought we dodged this virus but she's back in MB hard.

Sad how few wear masks.  Should be mandatory.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: