Blue Bombers Forum
May 29, 2020, 04:37:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, so who are Strevie and Rose calling?  (Read 873 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: March 25, 2020, 04:21:17 AM »

I can't take it any more.  During the season and especially in the playoffs and GC, Strevie and W.Rose have this thing going where they hold their fingers to their ears like a phone handset.  Then they say things like "he answered the call", etc.  Always hard to make out what they are saying.  I thought I heard "God" in there once, but I can't be sure?

Does anyone know what they're doing?  Is this a meme I'm oblivious to, living under my comfortable rock?

Then, there's also the question of their "he he he" chin rubbing thing... but I think I've figured out what the meme is there.  I think...

I'm going to miss those guys...

Never go full Rider!
booch

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »

its for Rose's god brother/homie who was murdered..Ashton..
TecnoGenius

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:34:42 PM »

its for Rose's god brother/homie who was murdered..Ashton..

Thanks

Sad, but interesting to know.  I watched that TSN Original thing on Rose's God brother but they didn't mention it there (I don't think?).  I guess it must have been something they started doing mid-season.

It was really good to see the brotherhood that Rose/Strevie had.  They sure were tight by the time they won the GC.

I'm not sure we'll ever have a group/team like that again, at least not for a long while!  I dare say our 2019 D was the best WPG GC D -- even better than 1990 (Battle, et al)?

Never go full Rider!
dd

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:07:02 AM »

Greg Battle was a freak in a bombers uniform. Yes the 2019 D got in a roll, but the Battle era D was always on a roll and we absolutely crushed , crushed!! Edmonton in BC place in the Grey cup. We crushed them so bad it was embarassing. Most dominant performance by a D in the Grey cup bar none. So, ya the 2019 D for on a big roll and several players stepped up to make it happen but I hold the Battle/Tyrone Jones blitzing and hammering Tracey hams performance at a higher level/standard only because they made a dominant Qb look very bad. And ya, Evans was good but he wasn?t a dominant Qb like Tracey ham
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:57 AM »

Greg Battle was a freak in a bombers uniform. Yes the 2019 D got in a roll, but the Battle era D was always on a roll and we absolutely crushed , crushed!! Edmonton in BC place in the Grey cup. We crushed them so bad it was embarassing. Most dominant performance by a D in the Grey cup bar none. So, ya the 2019 D for on a big roll and several players stepped up to make it happen but I hold the Battle/Tyrone Jones blitzing and hammering Tracey hams performance at a higher level/standard only because they made a dominant Qb look very bad. And ya, Evans was good but he wasn?t a dominant Qb like Tracey ham
great is it on YouTube?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 02:44:16 AM »

So, ya the 2019 D for on a big roll and several players stepped up to make it happen but I hold the Battle/Tyrone Jones blitzing and hammering Tracey hams performance at a higher level/standard only because they made a dominant Qb look very bad. And ya, Evans was good but he wasn?t a dominant Qb like Tracey ham

Very good point.  I forgot it was against Ham.  No comparison between Evans & Ham.

However, this D did beat superstar BLM last year... that's no easy feat.  But I'll change my opinion to agree that Battle edges the '19 D.

great is it on YouTube?

Not sure, but EPSN Classic was playing the '90 and '84 games a couple of times a year when I still had that channel.  The '90 game was actually remarkably boring because we hosed them so badly!

Never go full Rider!
dd

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:54:33 AM »

great is it on YouTube?
I found a short 10 minute highlight clip as well as the full game but am not computer savvy enough to paste the link

Google 1990 grey cup winnipeg vs Edmonton and enjoy. The 1988 performance vs dunnigan and the lions was heroic and really an upset but the 1990 trashing was unbelievable, I ve never seen anything close to it
ichabod_crane

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 05:45:37 AM »

I have the 1984, 1988 and 1990 Grey Cups on VHS tape. Have not watched them for some time, might be getting a bit grainy! Should transfer to DVD at some point. The quality is standard definition. Hard to believe we lived with that format for so long. VERY NOTICEABLE! Wink

1990 was both a dominant defensive performance + Bomber's offence woke up big time in that game too in the second half.

I would throw in the 1986 Grey Cup when Hamilton's defence bamboozled Matt Dunigan and the Eskies major league as a major defensive dominant performance. Matty was literally running for his life that game. Hamilton's front four D really was amazing that game. They were fair underdogs coming into the game too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: