Blue Bombers Forum
June 01, 2020, 07:28:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus threat to CFL games?  (Read 4076 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »

It's a tough situation. The reality is there isn't really a playbook here. Everyone is doing their best. The only mistake is trying to politicize the pandemic.
Blue In BC

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2020, 04:55:55 PM »

There are some really sickening individuals / companies that are profiting from this outbreak.

I've been reading / hearing about some people selling TP and Lysol hand wipes in large parking lots. One couple reports to have made $100K selling the Lysol hand wipes for 400%+ in the past couple of weeks.

One doctor from Washington State ( IIRC ) reports a shortage of medical masks that normally cost $0.58 each. They were offered 1M from a Mexican company @ $7.00 each and it may be necessary for their state to make that purchase.

It's beyond belief that there are people like this. More words escape me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:00:37 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2020, 05:31:05 PM »

This situation can be catastrophic or it can be over relatively quickly. It really all depends on us. Are their alarmists out there. Absolutely. Is it wrong? I don't think so. If something has the potential to take a million lives on our continent, even if that's a worst case scenario, then why not hedge our bets and over react. In this case, an over reaction will save lives.

I'm not saying panic or get all goofy and have tanks mowing down people who dared to leave their home, just hit the pause button for a while until we can slow this down enough that most of us look back in a year and criticize the government for going overboard. lol

About the most absolute stupidest thing we can do right now is try to dismiss this as some kind of overblown media event. It might very well be that the media is over reacting but there are enough medical experts out there telling us that we should be very careful...so for god's sake people listen to them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:35:12 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue girl

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2020, 08:37:56 PM »

There are some really sickening individuals / companies that are profiting from this outbreak.

I've been reading / hearing about some people selling TP and Lysol hand wipes in large parking lots. One couple reports to have made $100K selling the Lysol hand wipes for 400%+ in the past couple of weeks.

One doctor from Washington State ( IIRC ) reports a shortage of medical masks that normally cost $0.58 each. They were offered 1M from a Mexican company @ $7.00 each and it may be necessary for their state to make that purchase.

It's beyond belief that there are people like this. More words escape me.
I totally agree that these people are the lowest of the low. I hope that nobody buys their products and when this is over they're left with two years worth of toilet paper and sanitizer.
dd

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2020, 12:48:11 PM »

The virus has brought out the best and worst in people. On one hand you have politicians doing their best to make financial programs available to help people and families in a bind and on the other you have the street rats out there claiming it?s ?just business ? and financially capitalizing on the situation by gouging people. Pathetic really and one can only hope that in their hour of need they get exactly what?s coming to them. What comes around goes around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: