Blue Bombers Forum
July 07, 2020, 01:51:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Grey Cup Broadcast  (Read 1111 times)
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« on: March 14, 2020, 02:20:21 PM »

Good Morning All! Greetings from snowy and very cold Calgary - I need some help!

I had saved all of the 2019 Western Playoff games including the Grey Cup on my PVR. What I did not realize is that Telus deletes recordings when they get past a certain age. I wanted to play back a playoff game yesterday and they no longer were on my listing.

Is there anywhere I can go to permanently download the 2019 Grey Cup game and save it to a hard drive etc.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
bomb squad

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 02:58:42 PM »

Good Morning All! Greetings from snowy and very cold Calgary - I need some help!

I had saved all of the 2019 Western Playoff games including the Grey Cup on my PVR. What I did not realize is that Telus deletes recordings when they get past a certain age. I wanted to play back a playoff game yesterday and they no longer were on my listing.

Is there anywhere I can go to permanently download the 2019 Grey Cup game and save it to a hard drive etc.

The game is on in about 5 mins on TSN4. Record it again and there should be a keep feature on your PVR that won't erase it until you do.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »

I believe all 3 playoff games are still available on You Tube, a simple download program will copy to your hard drive.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »

Just when you thought you?d forgotten about that awkward Keith Urban chat with Chris and Glen in the broadcast booth, there it is... Cheesy
Jesse

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »

Just when you thought you?d forgotten about that awkward Keith Urban chat with Chris and Glen in the broadcast booth, there it is... Cheesy

Oh god, I HAD forgotten about that, and now I'm upset all over again.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »

Oh god, I HAD forgotten about that, and now I'm upset all over again.
lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TrueBlue75

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »

Man, I am more emotional watching the Grey Cup game today than in November! Gotta love Andrew Harris!
BBRT

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 08:30:31 PM »

I believe all 3 playoff games are still available on You Tube, a simple download program will copy to your hard drive.

Many thanks heading there now to see what is available for download
BBRT

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 08:31:20 PM »

The game is on in about 5 mins on TSN4. Record it again and there should be a keep feature on your PVR that won't erase it until you do.

Thanks I was able to record from the 2nd quarter on. Am on MST so did not see your reply until the game had started.
Bluehawk

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 04:47:10 AM »

Missed it!  If anyone sees that it is planned again for a replay, please let me know.

I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 06:09:05 AM »

Oh, it's so horrible I now skip the entire interview/drive.  Lucky for us, it was HAM's only successful drive, so we're not missing much by skipping it.  Wink

Loved Urban's performance... hated the in-game interview.  Never again TSN!  Never again!  Not that I don't want to hear Urban -- I just don't want to hear Urban (or any musician) while I'm trying to watch the most important game of the year!

Man, I am more emotional watching the Grey Cup game today than in November! Gotta love Andrew Harris!

Yes, I found that too on each of my 20+ re-watches.

The three things that grab me and get me worked up every time:
1. Hansen's big hit
2. Harris post-game: "We're coming home with that cup, wooooooooooo!" -- chills every time
3. Strevie/Rose post-game: "he answered that call" ... "let's go Strevie!"

I heartily recommend everyone watch the game multiple times.  Share which part gets you all worked up!

Missed it!  If anyone sees that it is planned again for a replay, please let me know.

TSN and ESPN-Classic replay the GC games all the time throughout the year.  Shaw just changed it so I don't get ESPN Classic bundled any more even though I get all of SN and TSN -- it might require a special ESPN bundle.

Lastly, a lot of the new "cloud" PVRs they are pushing will have limitations like this age-based delete.  If you can, get a PVR with a hard drive still.  Or, rig it on your computer and keep what you want for the rest of time with insane storage space and commercial editing  Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 11:43:08 PM »

Oh, it's so horrible I now skip the entire interview/drive.  Lucky for us, it was HAM's only successful drive, so we're not missing much by skipping it.  Wink

Loved Urban's performance... hated the in-game interview.  Never again TSN!  Never again!  Not that I don't want to hear Urban -- I just don't want to hear Urban (or any musician) while I'm trying to watch the most important game of the year!

Yes, I found that too on each of my 20+ re-watches.

The three things that grab me and get me worked up every time:
1. Hansen's big hit
2. Harris post-game: "We're coming home with that cup, wooooooooooo!" -- chills every time
3. Strevie/Rose post-game: "he answered that call" ... "let's go Strevie!"

I heartily recommend everyone watch the game multiple times.  Share which part gets you all worked up!

TSN and ESPN-Classic replay the GC games all the time throughout the year.  Shaw just changed it so I don't get ESPN Classic bundled any more even though I get all of SN and TSN -- it might require a special ESPN bundle.

Lastly, a lot of the new "cloud" PVRs they are pushing will have limitations like this age-based delete.  If you can, get a PVR with a hard drive still.  Or, rig it on your computer and keep what you want for the rest of time with insane storage space and commercial editing  Cheesy

For me it was the Harris run for a first down on 2nd and 22 in the 4th quarter. That run gets man everytime!

As also the big Demski catch as well. Loved he reaction to the catch!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:04:52 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 02:34:56 AM »

For me it was the Harris run for a first down on 2nd and 22 in the 4th quarter. That run gets man everytime!

Oh ya, I forgot that one!  Yup, major goosebumps every time.  Never gets old watching that play.  Then the cherry on top is Mark Washington having his conniption.  I think that run is what sealed AH as the MVP (he already have MOC in the bag).

Too bad we couldn't have gotten Meddy one more FG try at the end so he could have the all time CFL GC FG record.... of course, he also could have not missed that 1st FG  Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 02:49:08 AM »

Post game interview of Streveler... "Any chance you were coming out?"   "No"...   loved it. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue girl

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 09:31:56 PM »

For anybody still interested I noticed that TSN2 is re-airing The Grey Cup Wednesday afternoon from 12-3.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: