Blue Bombers Forum
April 02, 2020, 02:41:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Wade Miller Vanier Cup 2020 game avialble to host bid on it!  (Read 3301 times)
1chad

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 02:17:28 PM »

I remember the 2011 game in Vancouver. It was a very entertaining game and part of the Grey Cup experience. While I understand the cold aspect of playing in many Grey Cup cities, I like the idea of playing in the same city on Saturday.

If fans in a Grey Cup game city are going to shy away from cold, what does that say about support for Canadian players?  Isn't that the goal? Isn't that why we retain the ratio?

It's easier for me to say living in a city with a covered stadium. However I think it's important to send out the fans in whatever city the game is played, cold / snow or rain.

Conversely, if that isn't the model at the moment I'd be in favor of the game in Winnipeg in 2020.

Attendance in 2016 was 7115 and only 10754 in 2017. Decoupling from same city as Grey Cup caused massive decline in attendance and viewership.

It was only do-able in Toronto and Vancouver because of the covered stadiums. There was/is always a concern that the field would be torn up with a game happening the day before.
blue_or_die

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »

That's the conundrum, in most places University football isn't popular enough in Canada for fans to bother to attend games or care about the championship, so what's the point of it?  How long before these institutions follow the lead through to it's conclusion and do away with their football programs as a cost cutting measure.  The protest would be minimal. 

That's why you package the Vanier game and Grey Cup game tickets together. Give fans 2 games while they're in town and taking in a Canadian football weekend.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »

It was only do-able in Toronto and Vancouver because of the covered stadiums. There was/is always a concern that the field would be torn up with a game happening the day before.

Hard to tear up artificial turf. Besides the venue could be changed to the local university if necessary for the Vanier Cup and still be part of the Grey Cup experience.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »

That's why you package the Vanier game and Grey Cup game tickets together. Give fans 2 games while they're in town and taking in a Canadian football weekend.

I'm not sure I'd be in favor of a forced package. Grey Cup tickets are already very expensive and that could cause an issue.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 04:33:09 PM »

Bundling the tickets is a way to flood the secondary market with Vanier Cup tickets... better than manadatory purchase, make it a discount available at time of GC ticket purchase for those that want to make it a weekend, and then sell the Vanier Cup tickets to those that want to be there, but can't afford the GC.  Otherwise, you end up with a huge number of great seats empty for the Vanier...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 07:11:28 PM »

I'm not sure I'd be in favor of a forced package. Grey Cup tickets are already very expensive and that could cause an issue.

I just mean as an option that?s well encouraged. Like a ?Buy one get the other one 50% off? deal or something.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
PurpleReign

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 02:51:26 AM »

2017 Vanier what a sweet year.
Sec227

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »

The other issue. Hotel Rooms. Regina cant handle the Grey Cup, imagine needing 200-500 more rooms. I thought it may have been an opportunity to put in in Saskatoon this year. Make a football day in Sask type of thing. Im not sure it would have pulled too much away from the Grey Cup party. Not everyone can go. TV is the biggest issue. TSN doesn't have the rights to the game. Why would they want to give up that $$ from another network.
But, yeh. Give it a whirl here this year. Id go to the game
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: