Blue Bombers Forum
July 02, 2020, 05:15:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Assume average play from QB
500 - 2 (5.6%)
600 - 1 (2.8%)
700 - 5 (13.9%)
800 - 4 (11.1%)
900 - 5 (13.9%)
1000 - 19 (52.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many yards for Adams this year?  (Read 5570 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2020, 04:11:27 PM »

I don't think anyone is thinking our success was the result of just Lapo as OC. We have had a very good team across the board for several seasons. We played to our strengths. At times it was predictable and lacked as many big strike plays we love.

OTOH our games were entertaining and often had high scoring results.

I've re-watched the Argo Aug 12th game about 3 times. Can't beat starting the game with a K/O return for a TD. Then a long punt return as well. At least two long TD passes to Adams and Demski.

Doesn't get much better than that game.

EDIT: Corrected Lapo comment to OC not HC. Typo
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:25:08 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »

For one...not from tv...for two...totally can see it from stands...for 3...Lapo is highly overated...4..Lapo is very stubborn and stuck in his ideals and rarely deviates...5..proven to be a non risk taker/safe coach and will use something to death even if not working..6...i break down film..analyze and prep recruits for combines/draft and development...7 i have and can get access to all 24 film from games...AND have taken such to camps and seminars in Cali where we use it for helping prospects have familiarity in the Canadian game in the chance they choose that route...

Fact of the matter..for all Lapo's pluses...he has many a wart...and have heard as such from many a player
Lapo had great success here, elsewhere and will continue to.  Perfect no.  I detect a bias.
I don't think anyone is thinking our success was the result of just Lapo as HC. We have had a very good team across the board for several seasons. We played to our strengths. At times it was predictable and lacked as many big strike plays we love.

OTOH our games were entertaining and often had high scoring results.

I've re-watched the Argo Aug 12th game about 3 times. Can't beat starting the game with a K/O return for a TD. Then a long punt return as well. At least two long TD passes to Adams and Demski.

Doesn't get much better than that game.
great post and I agree, lost of value in term of entertainment last season, awesome year, bright future.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2020, 05:33:58 AM »

7 i have and can get access to all 24 film from games...AND have taken such to camps and seminars in Cali where we use it for helping prospects have familiarity in the Canadian game in the chance they choose that route...

I would kill for access to the all-24!!  How on earth did you get that, and is there any chance you can share?  Wink  In fact, why doesn't the CFL put all-24 up somewhere for public access?  Just all-24 of the whole whistled-in game time with no commentary or anything.  It wouldn't spoil their market or anything, as no one would want to watch that as their only viewing of the game.

Never go full Rider!
booch

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »

I would kill for access to the all-24!!  How on earth did you get that, and is there any chance you can share?  Wink  In fact, why doesn't the CFL put all-24 up somewhere for public access?  Just all-24 of the whole whistled-in game time with no commentary or anything.  It wouldn't spoil their market or anything, as no one would want to watch that as their only viewing of the game.

connections allow for it, also for use in training and player development, get lots of the NCAA all 22 as well for this purpose. CFL teams though don't let the general public have access, nor distribute it for some reason I'm not totally sure of...and really makes no sense, so openly sharing it wouldn't be wise. Players also have it on their tablets so many who help at events and camps will use it in showing concepts and plays
GCn19

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2020, 12:33:12 PM »

I agree that Whitehead became a kind of forgotten man in our offence. However, I think part of that was based on what seemed like a lack of chemistry/timing between him and Nichols. Early in the season Lapo took some shots downfield to an open Lucky but it never seemed like he and Nichols were on the same page. That happens sometimes between QB and receiver. I don't blame Lapo for looking away afterwards in that situation, but I think maybe things could be different between he and Collaros. I think it's a leap to say that Lapo used him wrong because the downfield shots were there early on. When they don't produce and you have a guy like Demski who is in a similar role taking advantage of and meshing up it took Lapo in a different direction for improved results.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: