Blue Bombers Forum
August 13, 2022, 11:19:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Awe bringing brains, physicality to Bombers  (Read 8030 times)
blue girl

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 11:02:37 PM »

You think we can't finish 1st? Who has a better chance than us?
I never said that we couldn't finish first. I said we have a better chance of having success if we finish first or second.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »

Technically we were 4th, slightly above average, but we had a great playoff run and won the cup.

Dynasties, which is what we're talking about, are not about 1 year when a team turned a 4th place finish into a championship. They're about consistently getting to and winning championships.
Like Calgary....since 2012 they have appeared in the GC 5 times winning it twice.   They had first place locked up win the West most years since then as well.   We haven't won first place in the west since I don't know when but it's been awhile.   If you consistently win first your chances of a GC increase dramatically and I've already stated in previous posts that in order for us to repeat in the GC we need to finish first.   Last years run won't be easy to duplicate and how many times as a third place team won it?   Not many.   
If we consistently win first in the west we can then start using the D word....the football gods were with us last season and now we have to prove to everyone that it wasn't a flash in the pan.

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
blue_or_die

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2020, 06:57:01 PM »

Like Calgary....since 2012 they have appeared in the GC 5 times winning it twice.   They had first place locked up win the West most years since then as well.   We haven't won first place in the west since I don't know when but it's been awhile.   If you consistently win first your chances of a GC increase dramatically and I've already stated in previous posts that in order for us to repeat in the GC we need to finish first.   Last years run won't be easy to duplicate and how many times as a third place team won it?   Not many.   
If we consistently win first in the west we can then start using the D word....the football gods were with us last season and now we have to prove to everyone that it wasn't a flash in the pan.

At the very least, we need to host a playoff game (come in first or second) to have a realistic shot of a repeat. Winning three games in a row, each against the sequentially-ordered best teams in the league, all on the road, is (was!!!!!!) really, really hard!

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BlueInCgy

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »

Agreed on pretty much everything, but with the GC in SSK this year, maybe we want them to finish in first this year.  Why?  Cause the Bombers never lose playoff games at New MosaicIGF West. Tongue

Of course, that means we need to win one game at IGF East, but that's definitely achievable.

In all seriousness, though, dynasties are few and far between in this league and not easy to come by.  Calvillo era Als and the Mitchell era Stamps are as close as we've had in the last 20 years, and the one overwhelming commonality between the two - Elite level Quarterbacking on a consistent basis, tied in with a coaching staff dialed in to their QBs strengths.  Bombers don't have an Elite Level QB, and our only offensive minded coach just became OC, so we'll have to see how that shakes out.
GCn19

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »

I never said that we couldn't finish first. I said we have a better chance of having success if we finish first or second.

For sure....and I think that 1st place is a very realistic goal for our club to have this year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: