Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 02:03:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Murphy Retires  (Read 698 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: February 17, 2020, 07:20:20 AM »

Always lots of critique about CFL officiating but always thought Kim Murphy was a decent official.  Best wishes to him on retirement.

Kim Murphy
@cfl48
12h
Well after 26 seasons, 486 games and 9 Grey Cups I'm retiring from the CFL. Thanks for all the memories from all the great players I witnessed playing our great game and to all my colleagues, thank you @CFL
 @TSN
 @3DownNation

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:54:31 PM »

Great career. Thank you for your service to our game.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:37:09 PM »

For the most part I thought Kim Murphy did a great job. Happy retirement!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 08:00:26 PM »

L'il Kim was ok in previous years, but he shafted us a few times in 2019.  I won't miss him, but, eh, I guess thanks for your service in a tough job.

It's funny how as years go by my once-nemesis Proulx has turned into my fave ref.  I was miffed when McMahon booed him pre-game in the GC.  My next faves are Bradbury and Kroeker (did he even ref in '19?) and then Major (he's a bit slow, but he gets it right in the end).

Valesi and Foxcroft stunk in '19.  And what's up with that boxing match announcer-style "fiiiiiiirrrrst down!"

/rant

Never go full Rider!
BlueInCgy

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »

Congrats to Kim on his retirement.  While I'm not a particular fan of any ref, Kim seemed like one of the better ones.

Problem is, that means a stone cold rookie is coming in this year, and some of those have been pretty lacking as of late (not that it's a great gig in any event, but still).
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 05:23:41 PM »

He was one of the better ones.. not perfect but better. Wonder when Andrew Proulx and Bradbury will be gone... counting the days...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 09:11:32 PM »

He was one of the better ones.. not perfect but better. Wonder when Andrew Proulx and Bradbury will be gone... counting the days...

Proulx's a lifer!  As long as he can jog, he'll be a ref.  They have to keep up the francophone content to appease MTL dontchaknow.  Reminds me, I haven't watched the Proulx youtube song videos in a while... "Hey how do you do..."

Bradbury: I'm pretty sure it's his waistline that will dictate when he retires.  If these guys do go, that should make Major a more frequent head ref.  I have no idea who else they are going to promote up.  Hopefully not one of those guys that looks like pimply-faced 17 year-olds!

Never go full Rider!
dd

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 03:18:20 AM »

I like Bradbury, he keeps a level head no matter the situation in the game and that?s tough to do.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 03:32:14 AM »

Do they get a pension?

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 01:25:01 PM »

Do they get a pension?

Doubt it, although that information isn't publicly available. Most have other jobs besides reffing. Back in 2006, the last time anything official was out there they were only making about $10,000 to $15,000 if they did about a game a week during the season. That's pretty old information now so things have hopefully improved somewhat, but pretty sure that likely answers the question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: