Blue Bombers Forum
May 28, 2020, 01:02:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Assume average play from QB
500 - 2 (5.6%)
600 - 1 (2.8%)
700 - 5 (13.9%)
800 - 4 (11.1%)
900 - 5 (13.9%)
1000 - 19 (52.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many yards for Adams this year?  (Read 4557 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 03:56:32 PM »

What is the basis of your bad feeling??

No kidding. Things are coming up Milhouse. Re-signed our guys (including the #1 prized FA), made improvements elsewhere to help weather the loss of 4 guys to the NFL. Another year of experience for the once new guys who should be able to take the next step. When things look good on paper there is literally no reason to be concerned. It's the execution of what's on paper going poorly that should make you worried, and we won't know that in February.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jesse

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »

No kidding. Things are coming up Milhouse. Re-signed our guys (including the #1 prized FA), made improvements elsewhere to help weather the loss of 4 guys to the NFL. Another year of experience for the once new guys who should be able to take the next step. When things look good on paper there is literally no reason to be concerned. It's the execution of what's on paper going poorly that should make you worried, and we won't know that in February.

Personally, I'm pretty cynical about Collaros staying healthy.

And I don't blame Walters, I think it was the only play. But it's hard to believe Zach's gonna suddenly give us (most of) a full season.

The rest of the team looks spectacular, but any team goes as far as their QB does.

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »

Our starting lineup is as string as ever. My main concern is injury to our QB and who our number 2 guy is. That?s everybody?s concern.  Walters needs another Qb our stable to weather any injury storms coming. Hamilton and Toronto in the east and Edmonton and Saskatchewan in the west have bench strength at QB, the rest of the league doesn?t. Our next move has to be to address that
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:17:33 PM by dd » Logged
GCn19

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »

Personally, I'm pretty cynical about Collaros staying healthy.

And I don't blame Walters, I think it was the only play. But it's hard to believe Zach's gonna suddenly give us (most of) a full season.

The rest of the team looks spectacular, but any team goes as far as their QB does.

You should be cynical. History is not kind to players with similar concussion histories to ZC. A flood of Collaros fan boys are going to cite examples of this guy or that guy who played after extensive concussion issues but for every one they name there are 10 that were forced out of the game. Sorry Bomber fans that's the reality. I hope and pray that McGuire is the real deal or that our OL and O gameplan are so good that we can overcome long odds, but let's not gild the lily, there is a high probability that Collaros will miss significant time this year. Let's hope it's not the playoffs.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:50:36 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 02:18:37 PM »

You should be cynical. History is not kind to players with similar concussion histories to ZC. A flood of Collaros fan boys are going to cite examples of this guy or that guy who played after extensive concussion issues but for every one they name there are 10 that were forced out of the game. Sorry Bomber fans that's the reality. I hope and pray that McGuire is the real deal or that our OL and O gameplan are so good that we can overcome long odds, but let's not gild the lily, there is a high probability that Collaros will miss significant time this year. Let's hope it's not the playoffs.
Luckily McGuire is coming in as a second year guy...sure not a second year guy with extensive game reps, but a QB who already knows the nuances of the CFL game, is familiar with this team's system and concepts as well as personnel...which is huge.

When looking at things though, he I believe will have success when and if thrown into the game due to whatever circumstance due to the fact he is a thrower, and is hard wired to stand in the pocket, and look for the open guy, and not take off and run and the first sign of pressure or the first read isn't there...another huge factor.

Is this ideal rolling with Zack's history and good/likely chance to get knocked out with only a 2nd yr limited rep guy as back-up...nope...obviously not, but also it's a gamble with more upside I think than downside...and obviously the team knew Nichols may not be ready to start the season, or could start but may be less than 100 percent, so the switch was made

GCn19

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »

Luckily McGuire is coming in as a second year guy...sure not a second year guy with extensive game reps, but a QB who already knows the nuances of the CFL game, is familiar with this team's system and concepts as well as personnel...which is huge.

When looking at things though, he I believe will have success when and if thrown into the game due to whatever circumstance due to the fact he is a thrower, and is hard wired to stand in the pocket, and look for the open guy, and not take off and run and the first sign of pressure or the first read isn't there...another huge factor.

Is this ideal rolling with Zack's history and good/likely chance to get knocked out with only a 2nd yr limited rep guy as back-up...nope...obviously not, but also it's a gamble with more upside I think than downside...and obviously the team knew Nichols may not be ready to start the season, or could start but may be less than 100 percent, so the switch was made

I have no issues with going with ZC and McGuire, we were in a tough spot given Nichols uncertainty. I just don't agree with the posters who are suggesting this move carries no risk and the ones who have elevated Collaros to elite QB status. I think it is unfair to Zac to do that, and it sets unrealistic expectations for him. All we need, and all we are likely to get from him, is steady QB play.

booch

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »

I have no issues with going with ZC and McGuire, we were in a tough spot given Nichols uncertainty. I just don't agree with the posters who are suggesting this move carries no risk and the ones who have elevated Collaros to elite QB status. I think it is unfair to Zac to do that, and it sets unrealistic expectations for him. All we need, and all we are likely to get from him, is steady QB play.

Yup there is big risk, but Zack appeared way different than his skidish self in Hamilton, and the almost confused look in Sask....he looked more like 2015 and 2014 Collaros...cool..calm and confident...even in interviews he seemed less bitter and ready to snap on people...was it a sense of security and safety in this system?...coaching?..combo of the 2...i think so, and if he is upright all year, I bet he will be talked about in the top 2-3 guys in the league and looking like vintage Collaros
GCn19

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »

Yup there is big risk, but Zack appeared way different than his skidish self in Hamilton, and the almost confused look in Sask....he looked more like 2015 and 2014 Collaros...cool..calm and confident...even in interviews he seemed less bitter and ready to snap on people...was it a sense of security and safety in this system?...coaching?..combo of the 2...i think so, and if he is upright all year, I bet he will be talked about in the top 2-3 guys in the league and looking like vintage Collaros

Problem is we know, as you have illustrated above, that his confidence ebbs and flows depending on his comfort level. IF we protect him well we can get good play out of him but he is always a hard hit away from being skiddish, concussed, and confused.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 04:08:01 PM »

Problem is we know, as you have illustrated above, that his confidence ebbs and flows depending on his comfort level. IF we protect him well we can get good play out of him but he is always a hard hit away from being skiddish, concussed, and confused.

It helps having the best tailback in the league, too. That's a huge safety valve for any QB but especially one with an injury history such as his.

A healthy Collaros is a necessity for this team to succeed in 2020.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »

I think what you are describing are two separate issues. There is the obvious risk of a lights-out (no pun intended) hit that removes him from game time, and then there is a QB who plays scared when he's constantly rushed, hit, and otherwise constantly under pressure. The first problem is the burden we carry, but the second one is preventable with our awesome Oline (and OL depth to boot). They have demonstrated they can take the heat. This isn't going to be run for your life Zach like it was in 2016/17 era Hamilton or Sask (or would have been in TO for sure).

EDIT: And as bg84 wrote above, Andrew Harris. Collaros doesn't have to rely on Wes Cates or whoever even plays tailback for them these days.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 04:10:12 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »

Collaros doesn't have to rely on Wes Cates or whoever even plays tailback for them these days.

LOL Cheesy

Powell is a pretty good tailback but he's not the complete package like Harris. #33 is in his own echelon, IMO.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
booch

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 04:34:15 PM »

LOL Cheesy

Powell is a pretty good tailback but he's not the complete package like Harris. #33 is in his own echelon, IMO.

And is wrong side of 30 too...along with about 40% of their projected starters...Harris is same age for sure...but in much better condition when you look at the two..and also doesn't have to run behind the Regina Rams O-line..
GCn19

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »

It helps having the best tailback in the league, too. That's a huge safety valve for any QB but especially one with an injury history such as his.

A healthy Collaros is a necessity for this team to succeed in 2020.

Yes, that is extremely helpful for sure. Let's hope Andrew has another big year in store for us.

blue_or_die

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 06:34:24 PM »

Yes, that is extremely helpful for sure. Let's hope Andrew has another big year in store for us.

No, don't say that. Every year, everyone from every fan base and media including our own speculate that this is the year Andrew declines. We must maintain that line of thought in order for him to continually get better and better Wink

TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »

No, don't say that. Every year, everyone from every fan base and media including our own speculate that this is the year Andrew declines. We must maintain that line of thought in order for him to continually get better and better Wink

Keep that chip on his shoulder chippy?  Could be.  Me, I never doubt he'll be monster year after year.  I bet 2020 is his best year yet and he gets that stolen league MOP and MOC.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: