Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 02:09:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This years attendance  (Read 1453 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2020, 06:41:37 PM »

A bit off track, but food isn?t the only thing that has massive room for improvement. The food concessions @ IGF are managed very poorly by an outside company. One just has to either work there or know somebody that worked there to hear/see what goes on behind the scenes. Very little - if any - effort goes into job orientation & training. More than a few labour laws get broken on a regular basis. Moral is low and staff turnover is high. People are initially excited to work @ IGF, but soon get turned off after doing so. So keep this in mind next time you purchase something at the food concession...these people definitely deserve a tip!

Not true anymore. Bombers took over managing and running the food starting last year. They are no longer run by a third party.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »

You can't let every concession window turn into a "house brand" place because all the outside restaurants quit.  If they have to rent out the space for $0 to entice businesses to bring their food in, then do it.  Maybe IGF is dinging the outside guys too much.

People consider food an integral part of a stadium experience, especially the non-hardcore, casual-attendee people.  And they aren't as price sensitive.  It's about choice and quality.  So IGF has to forgo royalties on those spots, so be it.

Also, the huge spots like Sals had could/should be subdivided into 2+ vendors.

As for food trucks, it's a good idea if it was possible.  You could achieve much the same thing by providing smaller stalls to get smaller companies (even food truck people, sans truck) in.  McMahon has tons of super tiny stalls and they make it work.

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
Nic16

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2020, 11:39:12 PM »

Not true anymore. Bombers took over managing and running the food starting last year. They are no longer run by a third party.

Well that?s certainly good news! Because the company (and I won?t name it) who previously managed the business sounded ridiculously incompetent from some of the stories I heard.
DM83

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2020, 03:14:23 AM »

So are we getting Bomber dogs, and their other. Volunteer run  sustains?
That sucks
blue_or_die

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »

So are we getting Bomber dogs, and their other. Volunteer run  sustains?
That sucks

They took it over starting last season. What you saw last year is what you'll get this year. Nothing different.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2020, 08:23:58 PM »

Last year, I had heard the Bomber season ticket base had fallen to 17-18,000 - the lowest since the late 90s.  This despite 3 consecutive winning seasons (2016-2018)

In 2019, average attendance decreased by over 1000 per game from the previous season and 2,000 from 2017.  Outside of the Banjo Bowl, no single game drew over 25,500 last year.

If season ticket sales are strong/showing dramatic improvement for this year, you would think we would have heard something from the media by now....courtesy of a leak from the bomber organization.  The fact that we have not tells me there has been little to no increase in sales.

IMO, they should reduce the price point of the top 5-10 rows of all sections of the upper decks.  Check out ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.  With the exception of the Banjo Bowl, there is a sea of blue dots in the top 10 rows of pretty well all the upper deck sections.  No real demand at those current prices.  Drop the prices $7 - $10 per game for those ($70 - $100 per season ticket) and maybe they actually move.

The CFL as a whole has experienced an alarming drop in attendance recently.  Nearly 2,000 per game in 2 years.  Average attendance league wide was less than 23,000 per game - first time since the early 2000s.
blue_or_die

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 08:53:13 PM »

Last year, I had heard the Bomber season ticket base had fallen to 17-18,000 - the lowest since the late 90s.  This despite 3 consecutive winning seasons (2016-2018)

In 2019, average attendance decreased by over 1000 per game from the previous season and 2,000 from 2017.  Outside of the Banjo Bowl, no single game drew over 25,500 last year.

If season ticket sales are strong/showing dramatic improvement for this year, you would think we would have heard something from the media by now....courtesy of a leak from the bomber organization.  The fact that we have not tells me there has been little to no increase in sales.

IMO, they should reduce the price point of the top 5-10 rows of all sections of the upper decks.  Check out ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.  With the exception of the Banjo Bowl, there is a sea of blue dots in the top 10 rows of pretty well all the upper deck sections.  No real demand at those current prices.  Drop the prices $7 - $10 per game for those ($70 - $100 per season ticket) and maybe they actually move.

The CFL as a whole has experienced an alarming drop in attendance recently.  Nearly 2,000 per game in 2 years.  Average attendance league wide was less than 23,000 per game - first time since the early 2000s.

False premise.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bigbuff33

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2020, 03:02:28 PM »

BC is offering a family of four ticket package for $75....that's how you get people in the stands...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »

IMO, they should reduce the price point of the top 5-10 rows of all sections of the upper decks.  Check out ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.  With the exception of the Banjo Bowl, there is a sea of blue dots in the top 10 rows of pretty well all the upper deck sections.

Yes, at minimum the gold-colored seats (or highest 10 rows as you say) should be vastly cheaper, like $40 instead of $55.  AND they should offer the youth price option on those seats.  I really really hate how the kid pricing only applies to EZ and near-EZ corner seats.  Offer kid pricing in the nosebleeds too!

It's like the thought process is that if you have/bring kids that you are not a real fan that wants to actually watch the game from decent seats.  I've brought my kid to at least half the games in the last 4 years and let me tell you that I am watching the game intently.  I sat in the kids zone once and it was the worst viewing experience I ever had.  The only positive is Gabe and Buzz/Boomer are there.

BC is offering a family of four ticket package for $75....that's how you get people in the stands...

WPG does the family packages and they are similarly priced (between $75-$99 I think).  But, again, any "family" or "kid" thing from WFC forces you to sit outside the goal lines.  Why not have multiple family offers with different pricing for different sections?

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: