Blue Bombers Forum
September 25, 2020, 08:59:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This years attendance  (Read 3588 times)
Jesse

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »

I ask this question honestly.  Do people actually pay attention to "off field entertainment"?
As one who cares only about the game in front of me, I hadn't thought of it as a factor.  I'd be interested to know how much it plays into people's decision as to whether or not to attend games.

It has zero bearing on me. I have never based my attendance on anything but the play on the field.

I like the hay bales and fires outside the stadium during the fall months pre-game, but usually don't arrive early enough to enjoy.

My wife is amazing!
bomb squad

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »

It's also no time to be complacent - i.e. "well, we have a winning team so that's all we need to fill the seats". This is the time to pull out all the stops and make home games the hottest ticket in town.

The team has stepped up and given us a championship - further, many of these guys have foregone extra cash in other markets to make this a winning team again this year. Team management has stepped up and done what's required to keep the team intact for another great season. Now event/game day management needs to step up and remove all objections to attendance:

- Ensure parking/transportation plans are well publicized and well executed.
- Provide off-field entertainment that is appealing.
- Provide concession offerings AND promotions that are compelling. (waiting until the crowds dwindle to lower the price of beer is a losing strategy)
- Promote, promote, promote! If you've got a great story, tell everyone, often.

In short, make IGF the ONLY place to be on game day. Seize the excitement of last November and make every potential ticket  buyer relive it again and again. Make it cool to be a Bomber fan.

All good, but just get out there on every medium, direct and indirect, and sell, sell sell. They've definitely got a new, more receptive market now they can exploit. People still have to be prodded though. Sure, I get you have to get organized first, but it's been 2 and and half months already and I haven't heard much yet. Miller needs to deliver here.
Jesse

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 07:39:54 PM »

During the unspeakable years before the Nichols era, I said all along that winning cures all and that this town would get behind a Bombers team once they show they can win a cup. They finally won so I will have to stand by my prediction. I sincerely believe people are still jacked for the Bombers and will come out much more than in previous years (~3-4K more on average) simply attributed to the past cup win.

It's true that they will want to see a healthy Collaros for that to continue, though, especially with his exciting style of play.

I am excited to see how the attendance plays out and just how fickle the bandwagon fans are.

I absolutely agree, but the momentum is still very fresh and unstable. It can easily be crushed by an early loss.

My wife is amazing!
blue girl

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »

I don't pay much attention to the off field activities as I'm more interested in the game. As for concessions, the $3 hotdog that you can get on a gluten free bun is a good value and about the only thing that I can actually eat.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 11:26:46 PM »

The BB need to sell more tickets and I believe that they would this year.  TO will continue to slide as well as BC.  I hope the rest of the league picks up as well or CFL will be in trouble.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:51 AM »

Will be 26k sold 22k there

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 03:39:13 AM »

Attendance will be around the same it has always been lately.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Ladybug

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 05:30:26 AM »

Attendance will be around the same it has always been lately.

You are probably right.
It might even slide a bit.

There are some big issues league wide when it comes to attendance.
Winning only seems to slow down the decline temporarily.

Generally, it seems that those fans that are gone are gone for good. And new fans are in short supply.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 06:54:13 AM »

It'd be nice to see the home opener sell out, but I'm not sure about the rest of the season aside from the Banjo Bowl. I do expect a significant bump is attendance figures, though.

This.  There has to be some GC celebration stuff planned for pre-game or at HT.  Big standing O for our GC-champ team.  Everyone needs to bring a couple of friends to the opener.  Rest of the season will see a bump over last year, book it.  Maybe 2-3k average?

Yeah, I'm baffled the league didn't do a week 1 GC107 rematch at IGF to kick off the 2020 season. Seems like a huge opportunity lost.

Maybe they wanted to console HAM with a chance to kick our butts in the rematch on home turf?  B.Banks is still crying you know.  I wouldn't be surprised if HAM comes out of the gate vicious and nasty and I hope we're extra protective of our glass QB.  No hook slides at all.  No QB runs at all.  Of course I want to win that game, but honestly I'd be happy to just survive it without injury.  We can beat them in the season series when they come to IGF and we beat the point spread.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »

To sell out prices would have to come down and even then qould be difficult.  Agree same as normal, slight bump.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 02:19:38 PM »

To sell out prices would have to come down and even then qould be difficult.  Agree same as normal, slight bump.

Attending a CFL game is one of the best value outings you can do. It's a pro sport you can bring the whole family out to.

I'm surprised you're so pessimistic since you're so rah-rah CFL. Aren't you normally the one telling all of us that we are haters and that everything will be just fine?

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Sec227

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 02:20:41 PM »

I don't think the prices have to come down at all. The fan they are after want a "experience" for their dollar. The same old same old bomber fan of the old are long and gone. Food and beverage options AND pricing will impact this the most. If you know you can have a great time, with maybe decent food. People will spend the money. I don't know..maybe 8-10 different foods trucks up in that smoking part. Bombers can take 50% revenue on game day. Everyone still wins. Its wasn't a few years ago the announced crown was 28-29.  Where did that 2-4k extra fans go? The same 20 or so thousand fans that have always shown up will. There is only so much money that can be spent, and they don't seem to want to spend it at football games.

Maybe they should have had a season ticket rep follow, wherever the grey cup went in the voyages has been on around the city and province. That way they can get right in the face of possible new opportunities or find the ones that walked away for a bit. And see if they want to come back. Get THAT fan a slight 10-15% off tickets. make it up on concessions.

I would love to see it, but the days of every game sell out I think are over. If they can maintain 26-28 per game. Get bumps to the odd 30. The team will be in good shape. Lets hope it starts this year!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 09:39:06 PM »

I don't think the prices have to come down at all. The fan they are after want a "experience" for their dollar. The same old same old bomber fan of the old are long and gone. Food and beverage options AND pricing will impact this the most. If you know you can have a great time, with maybe decent food. People will spend the money. I don't know..maybe 8-10 different foods trucks up in that smoking part.

They do need more outside/variety food... With Clay Oven and now Sals gone too, the only "nice" options are Khan and Danny's.  That's not enough.  Too many "red zone" and "house brand" outlets.  They need to find a way to get more outside food in.  And since this is the city of Folklarama, you'd think they could get more variety back in play.

I always eat a meal at IGF.  Always.  They need more options each year, not less.

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »

Concessions are a tough gig with 10 dates a year... think about it.  I get that they stick with the easy deep fried stuff... getting a more elaborate menu would be taxing on the staff, and because you have to buy produce for any fresh items, you have to buy enough to satisfy demand, but not so much as you have leftovers that go to waste.

Since you mentioned Folklorama, maybe there is a tie in there...  offer each pavilion an attractive booth pricing to promote their pavilion and sell their foods.   Have one or two each game, and rotate them... these groups are used to pop up events, and should be able to take advantage of the promotion...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »

Attending a CFL game is one of the best value outings you can do. It's a pro sport you can bring the whole family out to.

I'm surprised you're so pessimistic since you're so rah-rah CFL. Aren't you normally the one telling all of us that we are haters and that everything will be just fine?
Word is he does not go to most games unless it is some kind of bargain. Hypocritical you might say.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: