Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 02:06:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This years attendance  (Read 3041 times)
Sec223

« on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »

No excuse not to fill the stadium this year. Season ticket holders do their job but how about the rest of the fans ? Lets try this. If you come to a game or two per year try 3 or 4. Haven't had seasons for awhile ? Perhaps this is your come back year ? If you come with a group bring a couple more friends. Don't forget to bring the noise and let's rock the joint. Jets may be out pricing themselves to lots of people so let's swing the cash to the Bombers.
booch

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »

I get my seasons yearly...upgraded this year too...I also get a flex pack of games on top of it to give to peeps..usually get a grouping with season opener/banjo bowl and a game where i think it may mean something in the standings
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 01:22:06 PM »

It'd be nice to see the home opener sell out, but I'm not sure about the rest of the season aside from the Banjo Bowl. I do expect a significant bump is attendance figures, though.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
booch

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:24:33 PM »

It'd be nice to see the home opener sell out, but I'm not sure about the rest of the season aside from the Banjo Bowl. I do expect a significant bump is attendance figures, though.
Start out fast ouuta the gate with some impressive wins...the bandwagon willl fill fast and the stadium and atmosphere it wii bring with it will make it the trendy place to be

With pretty much the whole team back more or less, we should be ahead of most teams on the early season learning curves as there will be basically a continuation from last year, so we should have the jump on some teams...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »

I agree a strong start will do this team wonders...

the fact we aren't starting at home vs the ti-cats is beyond ridiculous - We are the Champs and should be at home week 1.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »

Yeah, I'm baffled the league didn't do a week 1 GC107 rematch at IGF to kick off the 2020 season. Seems like a huge opportunity lost.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

My guess is home opener sell out and over 30K all summer until Labour Day. If the Bombers start strong, I see some sellouts for Friday summer games in the summer. Banjo Bowl also sells out, and if the Bombers are still good and don't have their annual 4ish game meltdown in the late summer/fall, attendance will probably be near 28/29K when the weather gets cold.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bluengold204

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »

My guess is home opener sell out and over 30K all summer until Labour Day. If the Bombers start strong, I see some sellouts for Friday summer games in the summer. Banjo Bowl also sells out, and if the Bombers are still good and don't have their annual 4ish game meltdown in the late summer/fall, attendance will probably be near 28/29K when the weather gets cold.

I like your optimism but I don't see over 30K throughout the summer.  I'm predicting sell out for home opener, 27-28K throughout summer, banjo bowl sellout, 25K or less during fall.
Jesse

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 03:59:42 PM »

I like your optimism but I don't see over 30K throughout the summer.  I'm predicting sell out for home opener, 27-28K throughout summer, banjo bowl sellout, 25K or less during fall.

All depends on Collaros. If he's slinging it and the Bombers are winning, the people will come.

If he gets hurt or we get a couple of early losses, the bandwagoners roll their eyes and go, "same ol' bummers".

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 05:19:52 PM »

All depends on Collaros. If he's slinging it and the Bombers are winning, the people will come.

If he gets hurt or we get a couple of early losses, the bandwagoners roll their eyes and go, "same ol' bummers".

During the unspeakable years before the Nichols era, I said all along that winning cures all and that this town would get behind a Bombers team once they show they can win a cup. They finally won so I will have to stand by my prediction. I sincerely believe people are still jacked for the Bombers and will come out much more than in previous years (~3-4K more on average) simply attributed to the past cup win.

It's true that they will want to see a healthy Collaros for that to continue, though, especially with his exciting style of play.

I am excited to see how the attendance plays out and just how fickle the bandwagon fans are.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
squonk

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 06:10:44 PM »

It's also no time to be complacent - i.e. "well, we have a winning team so that's all we need to fill the seats". This is the time to pull out all the stops and make home games the hottest ticket in town.

The team has stepped up and given us a championship - further, many of these guys have foregone extra cash in other markets to make this a winning team again this year. Team management has stepped up and done what's required to keep the team intact for another great season. Now event/game day management needs to step up and remove all objections to attendance:

- Ensure parking/transportation plans are well publicized and well executed.
- Provide off-field entertainment that is appealing.
- Provide concession offerings AND promotions that are compelling. (waiting until the crowds dwindle to lower the price of beer is a losing strategy)
- Promote, promote, promote! If you've got a great story, tell everyone, often.

In short, make IGF the ONLY place to be on game day. Seize the excitement of last November and make every potential ticket  buyer relive it again and again. Make it cool to be a Bomber fan.
Knocker42

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »

I ask this question honestly.  Do people actually pay attention to "off field entertainment"?
As one who cares only about the game in front of me, I hadn't thought of it as a factor.  I'd be interested to know how much it plays into people's decision as to whether or not to attend games.
Stretch

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 06:26:40 PM »

I ask this question honestly.  Do people actually pay attention to "off field entertainment"?
As one who cares only about the game in front of me, I hadn't thought of it as a factor.  I'd be interested to know how much it plays into people's decision as to whether or not to attend games.

Ask the people who frequent The Rum Hut.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
squonk

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 06:33:00 PM »

It's never been a factor when I renew my seats but I'm a different market than the casual attendee who hangs with the throngs on the North concourse. I think for those folks it's more about the party.
Knocker42

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »

I understand the value of the Rum Hut etc in providing revenues.  It is also clear that positioning the half-time music in that area attracts more customers for the hut etc.  It does nothing for me but if it helps the bottom line, they should go for it as much as they can.  I'm thinking that if they have acts that are well enough known to draw a crowd to the game, they would have to pay big time for them and wondering if it is worthwhile.  I suppose they have all that figured out but it seems to me that if the team is not going well and the opponent is meh, it would take something special to draw enough fans to make it worth doing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: