Blue Bombers Forum
September 30, 2020, 04:56:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: This years attendance  (Read 3636 times)
Sec223

« on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »

No excuse not to fill the stadium this year. Season ticket holders do their job but how about the rest of the fans ? Lets try this. If you come to a game or two per year try 3 or 4. Haven't had seasons for awhile ? Perhaps this is your come back year ? If you come with a group bring a couple more friends. Don't forget to bring the noise and let's rock the joint. Jets may be out pricing themselves to lots of people so let's swing the cash to the Bombers.
booch

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »

I get my seasons yearly...upgraded this year too...I also get a flex pack of games on top of it to give to peeps..usually get a grouping with season opener/banjo bowl and a game where i think it may mean something in the standings
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 01:22:06 PM »

It'd be nice to see the home opener sell out, but I'm not sure about the rest of the season aside from the Banjo Bowl. I do expect a significant bump is attendance figures, though.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
booch

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:24:33 PM »

It'd be nice to see the home opener sell out, but I'm not sure about the rest of the season aside from the Banjo Bowl. I do expect a significant bump is attendance figures, though.
Start out fast ouuta the gate with some impressive wins...the bandwagon willl fill fast and the stadium and atmosphere it wii bring with it will make it the trendy place to be

With pretty much the whole team back more or less, we should be ahead of most teams on the early season learning curves as there will be basically a continuation from last year, so we should have the jump on some teams...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »

I agree a strong start will do this team wonders...

the fact we aren't starting at home vs the ti-cats is beyond ridiculous - We are the Champs and should be at home week 1.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »

Yeah, I'm baffled the league didn't do a week 1 GC107 rematch at IGF to kick off the 2020 season. Seems like a huge opportunity lost.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

My guess is home opener sell out and over 30K all summer until Labour Day. If the Bombers start strong, I see some sellouts for Friday summer games in the summer. Banjo Bowl also sells out, and if the Bombers are still good and don't have their annual 4ish game meltdown in the late summer/fall, attendance will probably be near 28/29K when the weather gets cold.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
bluengold204

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 02:55:02 PM »

My guess is home opener sell out and over 30K all summer until Labour Day. If the Bombers start strong, I see some sellouts for Friday summer games in the summer. Banjo Bowl also sells out, and if the Bombers are still good and don't have their annual 4ish game meltdown in the late summer/fall, attendance will probably be near 28/29K when the weather gets cold.

I like your optimism but I don't see over 30K throughout the summer.  I'm predicting sell out for home opener, 27-28K throughout summer, banjo bowl sellout, 25K or less during fall.
Jesse

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 03:59:42 PM »

I like your optimism but I don't see over 30K throughout the summer.  I'm predicting sell out for home opener, 27-28K throughout summer, banjo bowl sellout, 25K or less during fall.

All depends on Collaros. If he's slinging it and the Bombers are winning, the people will come.

If he gets hurt or we get a couple of early losses, the bandwagoners roll their eyes and go, "same ol' bummers".

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 05:19:52 PM »

All depends on Collaros. If he's slinging it and the Bombers are winning, the people will come.

If he gets hurt or we get a couple of early losses, the bandwagoners roll their eyes and go, "same ol' bummers".

During the unspeakable years before the Nichols era, I said all along that winning cures all and that this town would get behind a Bombers team once they show they can win a cup. They finally won so I will have to stand by my prediction. I sincerely believe people are still jacked for the Bombers and will come out much more than in previous years (~3-4K more on average) simply attributed to the past cup win.

It's true that they will want to see a healthy Collaros for that to continue, though, especially with his exciting style of play.

I am excited to see how the attendance plays out and just how fickle the bandwagon fans are.

squonk

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 06:10:44 PM »

It's also no time to be complacent - i.e. "well, we have a winning team so that's all we need to fill the seats". This is the time to pull out all the stops and make home games the hottest ticket in town.

The team has stepped up and given us a championship - further, many of these guys have foregone extra cash in other markets to make this a winning team again this year. Team management has stepped up and done what's required to keep the team intact for another great season. Now event/game day management needs to step up and remove all objections to attendance:

- Ensure parking/transportation plans are well publicized and well executed.
- Provide off-field entertainment that is appealing.
- Provide concession offerings AND promotions that are compelling. (waiting until the crowds dwindle to lower the price of beer is a losing strategy)
- Promote, promote, promote! If you've got a great story, tell everyone, often.

In short, make IGF the ONLY place to be on game day. Seize the excitement of last November and make every potential ticket  buyer relive it again and again. Make it cool to be a Bomber fan.
Knocker42

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »

I ask this question honestly.  Do people actually pay attention to "off field entertainment"?
As one who cares only about the game in front of me, I hadn't thought of it as a factor.  I'd be interested to know how much it plays into people's decision as to whether or not to attend games.
Stretch

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 06:26:40 PM »

I ask this question honestly.  Do people actually pay attention to "off field entertainment"?
As one who cares only about the game in front of me, I hadn't thought of it as a factor.  I'd be interested to know how much it plays into people's decision as to whether or not to attend games.

Ask the people who frequent The Rum Hut.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
squonk

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 06:33:00 PM »

It's never been a factor when I renew my seats but I'm a different market than the casual attendee who hangs with the throngs on the North concourse. I think for those folks it's more about the party.
Knocker42

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »

I understand the value of the Rum Hut etc in providing revenues.  It is also clear that positioning the half-time music in that area attracts more customers for the hut etc.  It does nothing for me but if it helps the bottom line, they should go for it as much as they can.  I'm thinking that if they have acts that are well enough known to draw a crowd to the game, they would have to pay big time for them and wondering if it is worthwhile.  I suppose they have all that figured out but it seems to me that if the team is not going well and the opponent is meh, it would take something special to draw enough fans to make it worth doing.
Jesse

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »

It has zero bearing on me. I have never based my attendance on anything but the play on the field.

I like the hay bales and fires outside the stadium during the fall months pre-game, but usually don't arrive early enough to enjoy.

My wife is amazing!
bomb squad

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »

It's also no time to be complacent - i.e. "well, we have a winning team so that's all we need to fill the seats". This is the time to pull out all the stops and make home games the hottest ticket in town.

The team has stepped up and given us a championship - further, many of these guys have foregone extra cash in other markets to make this a winning team again this year. Team management has stepped up and done what's required to keep the team intact for another great season. Now event/game day management needs to step up and remove all objections to attendance:

- Ensure parking/transportation plans are well publicized and well executed.
- Provide off-field entertainment that is appealing.
- Provide concession offerings AND promotions that are compelling. (waiting until the crowds dwindle to lower the price of beer is a losing strategy)
- Promote, promote, promote! If you've got a great story, tell everyone, often.

In short, make IGF the ONLY place to be on game day. Seize the excitement of last November and make every potential ticket  buyer relive it again and again. Make it cool to be a Bomber fan.

All good, but just get out there on every medium, direct and indirect, and sell, sell sell. They've definitely got a new, more receptive market now they can exploit. People still have to be prodded though. Sure, I get you have to get organized first, but it's been 2 and and half months already and I haven't heard much yet. Miller needs to deliver here.
Jesse

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 07:39:54 PM »

During the unspeakable years before the Nichols era, I said all along that winning cures all and that this town would get behind a Bombers team once they show they can win a cup. They finally won so I will have to stand by my prediction. I sincerely believe people are still jacked for the Bombers and will come out much more than in previous years (~3-4K more on average) simply attributed to the past cup win.

It's true that they will want to see a healthy Collaros for that to continue, though, especially with his exciting style of play.

I am excited to see how the attendance plays out and just how fickle the bandwagon fans are.

I absolutely agree, but the momentum is still very fresh and unstable. It can easily be crushed by an early loss.

My wife is amazing!
blue girl

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »

I don't pay much attention to the off field activities as I'm more interested in the game. As for concessions, the $3 hotdog that you can get on a gluten free bun is a good value and about the only thing that I can actually eat.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 11:26:46 PM »

The BB need to sell more tickets and I believe that they would this year.  TO will continue to slide as well as BC.  I hope the rest of the league picks up as well or CFL will be in trouble.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:51 AM »

Will be 26k sold 22k there

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 03:39:13 AM »

Attendance will be around the same it has always been lately.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Ladybug

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 05:30:26 AM »

Attendance will be around the same it has always been lately.

You are probably right.
It might even slide a bit.

There are some big issues league wide when it comes to attendance.
Winning only seems to slow down the decline temporarily.

Generally, it seems that those fans that are gone are gone for good. And new fans are in short supply.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 06:54:13 AM »

This.  There has to be some GC celebration stuff planned for pre-game or at HT.  Big standing O for our GC-champ team.  Everyone needs to bring a couple of friends to the opener.  Rest of the season will see a bump over last year, book it.  Maybe 2-3k average?

Yeah, I'm baffled the league didn't do a week 1 GC107 rematch at IGF to kick off the 2020 season. Seems like a huge opportunity lost.

Maybe they wanted to console HAM with a chance to kick our butts in the rematch on home turf?  B.Banks is still crying you know.  I wouldn't be surprised if HAM comes out of the gate vicious and nasty and I hope we're extra protective of our glass QB.  No hook slides at all.  No QB runs at all.  Of course I want to win that game, but honestly I'd be happy to just survive it without injury.  We can beat them in the season series when they come to IGF and we beat the point spread.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »

To sell out prices would have to come down and even then qould be difficult.  Agree same as normal, slight bump.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 02:19:38 PM »

To sell out prices would have to come down and even then qould be difficult.  Agree same as normal, slight bump.

Attending a CFL game is one of the best value outings you can do. It's a pro sport you can bring the whole family out to.

I'm surprised you're so pessimistic since you're so rah-rah CFL. Aren't you normally the one telling all of us that we are haters and that everything will be just fine?

Sec227

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 02:20:41 PM »

I don't think the prices have to come down at all. The fan they are after want a "experience" for their dollar. The same old same old bomber fan of the old are long and gone. Food and beverage options AND pricing will impact this the most. If you know you can have a great time, with maybe decent food. People will spend the money. I don't know..maybe 8-10 different foods trucks up in that smoking part. Bombers can take 50% revenue on game day. Everyone still wins. Its wasn't a few years ago the announced crown was 28-29.  Where did that 2-4k extra fans go? The same 20 or so thousand fans that have always shown up will. There is only so much money that can be spent, and they don't seem to want to spend it at football games.

Maybe they should have had a season ticket rep follow, wherever the grey cup went in the voyages has been on around the city and province. That way they can get right in the face of possible new opportunities or find the ones that walked away for a bit. And see if they want to come back. Get THAT fan a slight 10-15% off tickets. make it up on concessions.

I would love to see it, but the days of every game sell out I think are over. If they can maintain 26-28 per game. Get bumps to the odd 30. The team will be in good shape. Lets hope it starts this year!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 09:39:06 PM »

I don't think the prices have to come down at all. The fan they are after want a "experience" for their dollar. The same old same old bomber fan of the old are long and gone. Food and beverage options AND pricing will impact this the most. If you know you can have a great time, with maybe decent food. People will spend the money. I don't know..maybe 8-10 different foods trucks up in that smoking part.

They do need more outside/variety food... With Clay Oven and now Sals gone too, the only "nice" options are Khan and Danny's.  That's not enough.  Too many "red zone" and "house brand" outlets.  They need to find a way to get more outside food in.  And since this is the city of Folklarama, you'd think they could get more variety back in play.

I always eat a meal at IGF.  Always.  They need more options each year, not less.

Never go full Rider!
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:25 PM »

Concessions are a tough gig with 10 dates a year... think about it.  I get that they stick with the easy deep fried stuff... getting a more elaborate menu would be taxing on the staff, and because you have to buy produce for any fresh items, you have to buy enough to satisfy demand, but not so much as you have leftovers that go to waste.

Since you mentioned Folklorama, maybe there is a tie in there...  offer each pavilion an attractive booth pricing to promote their pavilion and sell their foods.   Have one or two each game, and rotate them... these groups are used to pop up events, and should be able to take advantage of the promotion...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »

Attending a CFL game is one of the best value outings you can do. It's a pro sport you can bring the whole family out to.

I'm surprised you're so pessimistic since you're so rah-rah CFL. Aren't you normally the one telling all of us that we are haters and that everything will be just fine?
Word is he does not go to most games unless it is some kind of bargain. Hypocritical you might say.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 10:19:14 PM »

Concessions are a tough gig with 10 dates a year... think about it.  I get that they stick with the easy deep fried stuff... getting a more elaborate menu would be taxing on the staff, and because you have to buy produce for any fresh items, you have to buy enough to satisfy demand, but not so much as you have leftovers that go to waste.

I think Clay Oven did it right.  They made everything off-site, stuff they'd use at their locations anyhow, and sell it at IGF.  That's the way you have to do it.  Luckily many ethnic foods fit that bill.  I know it's tough, but Danny and Khan are making it work!  Heck, how does the Goldeyes keep so many varied kiosks in business?

Never go full Rider!
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 12:31:13 AM »

I think Clay Oven did it right.  They made everything off-site, stuff they'd use at their locations anyhow, and sell it at IGF.  That's the way you have to do it.  Luckily many ethnic foods fit that bill.  I know it's tough, but Danny and Khan are making it work!  Heck, how does the Goldeyes keep so many varied kiosks in business?

I think baseball, and even hockey are different as they have more than one event a week when the team is home. I don't run any sort of business and never have or never will, but I'd suspect it's easier to operate every day than just one day every couple of weeks.

I don't do the BBQ thing at IGF, but Shawarma Khan is a staple for me. Nevertheless, the quality at his stand-alone restaurants outside of the stadium is far superior to what is inside the stadium.

I think the concession solution is to really drop those prices. If they are beyond competitive inside the stadium it will keep people from eating before they get there. A $45 burger is cool, but their base business has to be on stuff that the majority of fans will actually buy and eat.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
blue_or_die

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »

I think baseball, and even hockey are different as they have more than one event a week when the team is home. I don't run any sort of business and never have or never will, but I'd suspect it's easier to operate every day than just one day every couple of weeks.

I don't do the BBQ thing at IGF, but Shawarma Khan is a staple for me. Nevertheless, the quality at his stand-alone restaurants outside of the stadium is far superior to what is inside the stadium.

I think the concession solution is to really drop those prices. If they are beyond competitive inside the stadium it will keep people from eating before they get there. A $45 burger is cool, but their base business has to be on stuff that the majority of fans will actually buy and eat.

One idea I was pondering a while back (and this is in absolutely no way feasible at IGF or just about any stadium as it is designed today) to make concessions more feasible, while also relieving resources needed for concessions in the stadium, would be to create the concession concourse like a series of parking stalls. Food trucks, which are just mobile restaurants, could book a stall for an entire season or just one game, and essentially pull up to the stadium, back in, plug in, and set up shop, with their service window facing the concourse.

- The stadium wouldn't need to house fryers, till, or any other kitchen equipment
- The food truck becomes more viable as it adds solid dates to their schedule that will for sure make money
- The stadium is off the hook for figuring out how to best provide food
- Service will improve because the vendors are experts at selling food en masse at events and non-centrally
- Quality of food is better because of their expertise in delivering their service in this way
- You increase variety to the concession options
- You bring reputable restaurateurs into the fold, just like the Goldeyes are able to do
- The food trucks aren't burdened by having to try and adopt their model in a cramped/unusual setting like a regular restaurant is when trying to establish a satellite site
- The stadium doesn't need to stockpile and store food and beverages, or at least as many
- Take it a step further and imagine local craft beer trucks with kegs loaded with their brew

Anyway, just a hair brained scheme. You would need to design a stadium designed for the food trucks, of course, which would be risky since the model might be a total flop.

Interested in thoughts on this concept.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:12:44 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

bigbuff33

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2020, 02:06:37 PM »

Would love to see the home opener turned into a Grey Cup celebration...video clips, handing out rings...creative ticketing packages to get families out...
Turn it into a must attend event!!
GCn19

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »

I find the price of tickets and concessions to be cheap. I feel no need to pack a lunch with me. I honestly don't feel cost is a big factor in attendance. Weather, day of the week, who the opposition is, and most importantly how good are football team is are the biggest factors for the majority of those considering attending. Put a blackout in effect and see what happens to attendance.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:31:16 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »

It has zero bearing on me. I have never based my attendance on anything but the play on the field.

I like the hay bales and fires outside the stadium during the fall months pre-game, but usually don't arrive early enough to enjoy.

I attend for the football as well, but last year I took my niece and nephew in law to a game and we pre-gamed and they enjoyed it so much that they are buying season tix this year. They are not really football fans per se but really enjoyed the game day experience.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Sec227

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:34 PM »

I find the price of tickets and concessions to be cheap. I feel no need to pack a lunch with me. I honestly don't feel cost is a big factor in attendance. Weather, day of the week, who the opposition is, and most importantly how good are football team is are the biggest factors for the majority of those considering attending. Put a blackout in effect and see what happens to attendance.
I'm on the fence on the dreaded blackout. While I know people who would may go to a game. But instead watch it at home on TV. It might the entire death of the league. Or at least use the NFL rule of what, 97% sell out and the games on TV locally I think. Plus all the bars etc, they would'nt be too pleased.

theaardvark

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2020, 02:42:17 PM »

One idea I was pondering a while back (and this is in absolutely no way feasible at IGF or just about any stadium as it is designed today) to make concessions more feasible, while also relieving resources needed for concessions in the stadium, would be to create the concession concourse like a series of parking stalls. Food trucks, which are just mobile restaurants, could book a stall for an entire season or just one game, and essentially pull up to the stadium, back in, plug in, and set up shop, with their service window facing the concourse.

- The stadium wouldn't need to house fryers, till, or any other kitchen equipment
- The food truck becomes more viable as it adds solid dates to their schedule that will for sure make money
- Service will improve because the vendors are experts at selling food en masse at events and non-centrally
- Quality of food is better because of their expertise in delivering their service in this way
- You bring reputable restaurateurs into the fold, just like the Goldeyes are able to do
- The food trucks aren't burdened by having to try and adopt their model in a cramped/unusual setting like a regular restaurant is when trying to establish a satellite site
- The stadium doesn't need to stockpile and store food and beverages, or at least as many
- Take it a step further and imagine local craft beer trucks with kegs loaded with their brew

Anyway, just a hair brained scheme. You would need to design a stadium designed for the food trucks, of course, which would be risky since the model might be a total flop.

Food trucks are awesome... but have you ever seen one that was inundated with 100 customers at once?  Now, imagine that 10fold... 30 food trucks and 30k attending, and you have 1000 customers per truck.  All at once.  All wanting service inside 5 minutes.

Lovely idea, but not even close to feasible... food trucks are meant to be relaxed, unique experiences.  Stadium food services are high volume, short wait situations.  

Fresh food preparation is great for restaurants, stadium food cannot be adapted to that model.  Large batches of quick to finish/package/vend is the key.  

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sec227

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2020, 02:46:10 PM »

I like where you are going with this. Ive said before. Make a food truck ally. Right on front of the Stadium by the run down U of M track. Fence it in, Beer gardens, Big screen game on. $15 buck wrist band. ONLY this area.  And cap it at 500-1000. At least thats a "different Experince for the fan that want a different time. Might be able to catch a few that will buy tickets. Are at least create a differrent buzz with a demographic that may not be tapped into yet.
Jesse

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2020, 02:52:56 PM »

Obviously the food trucks pulling up into the stadium is probably impossible.

But stadiums could probably adapt the smoking exits to open up to a parking lot spot where there could be room made for food trucks. Kind of like the open area of the Rum Hut in the old stadium, but enlarged.

My wife is amazing!
Jesse

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »

Food trucks are awesome... but have you ever seen one that was inundated with 100 customers at once?  Now, imagine that 10fold... 30 food trucks and 30k attending, and you have 1000 customers per truck.  All at once.  All wanting service inside 5 minutes.

Lovely idea, but not even close to feasible... food trucks are meant to be relaxed, unique experiences.  Stadium food services are high volume, short wait situations.  

Fresh food preparation is great for restaurants, stadium food cannot be adapted to that model.  Large batches of quick to finish/package/vend is the key.  

Fair enough. The high quality food trucks - when they're busy - can keep you waiting for 10-20 minutes prepping your food.

My wife is amazing!
theaardvark

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2020, 03:41:38 PM »

The other issue with food prep inside the stadium/concourse is safety.  Ventilation, fire control, etc...

Now, parking the trucks outside on the golf course as a wander through extension of the tailgate, sure.  Or, maybe, carts/counters inside the concourse they can feed from a mobile kitchen outside... have a few signature dishes, no additions/substitutions and assembly line them and run them into the stadium so they are "fresh" but no wait...

blue_or_die

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »

Maybe you've had a different experience with food trucks than me but I've been in some long lines and haven't had that much more of a wait than traditional concessions at a sporting venue. They are still able to do prep work and pre-make in anticipation of the larger than usual crowds. Also, the food truck model I made up could be augmented by regular, in-house, "express" concessions for quicker service and leave the food trucks to those who take their eating experience at games more seriously.

The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »

there is massive room for improvement at IGF in terms of food quality...a few summers ago we went to a Lions game in Vancouver and the hot roast beef bun was better than anything I have had (including the "budget shwarma" Obby puts out) at IGF.  The food options there were miles better.
Nic16

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »

there is massive room for improvement at IGF in terms of food quality...a few summers ago we went to a Lions game in Vancouver and the hot roast beef bun was better than anything I have had (including the "budget shwarma" Obby puts out) at IGF.  The food options there were miles better.

A bit off track, but food isn?t the only thing that has massive room for improvement. The food concessions @ IGF are managed very poorly by an outside company. One just has to either work there or know somebody that worked there to hear/see what goes on behind the scenes. Very little - if any - effort goes into job orientation & training. More than a few labour laws get broken on a regular basis. Moral is low and staff turnover is high. People are initially excited to work @ IGF, but soon get turned off after doing so. So keep this in mind next time you purchase something at the food concession...these people definitely deserve a tip!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2020, 06:41:37 PM »

A bit off track, but food isn?t the only thing that has massive room for improvement. The food concessions @ IGF are managed very poorly by an outside company. One just has to either work there or know somebody that worked there to hear/see what goes on behind the scenes. Very little - if any - effort goes into job orientation & training. More than a few labour laws get broken on a regular basis. Moral is low and staff turnover is high. People are initially excited to work @ IGF, but soon get turned off after doing so. So keep this in mind next time you purchase something at the food concession...these people definitely deserve a tip!

Not true anymore. Bombers took over managing and running the food starting last year. They are no longer run by a third party.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »

You can't let every concession window turn into a "house brand" place because all the outside restaurants quit.  If they have to rent out the space for $0 to entice businesses to bring their food in, then do it.  Maybe IGF is dinging the outside guys too much.

People consider food an integral part of a stadium experience, especially the non-hardcore, casual-attendee people.  And they aren't as price sensitive.  It's about choice and quality.  So IGF has to forgo royalties on those spots, so be it.

Also, the huge spots like Sals had could/should be subdivided into 2+ vendors.

As for food trucks, it's a good idea if it was possible.  You could achieve much the same thing by providing smaller stalls to get smaller companies (even food truck people, sans truck) in.  McMahon has tons of super tiny stalls and they make it work.

Never go full Rider!
Nic16

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2020, 11:39:12 PM »

Not true anymore. Bombers took over managing and running the food starting last year. They are no longer run by a third party.

Well that?s certainly good news! Because the company (and I won?t name it) who previously managed the business sounded ridiculously incompetent from some of the stories I heard.
DM83

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2020, 03:14:23 AM »

So are we getting Bomber dogs, and their other. Volunteer run  sustains?
That sucks
blue_or_die

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »

So are we getting Bomber dogs, and their other. Volunteer run  sustains?
That sucks

They took it over starting last season. What you saw last year is what you'll get this year. Nothing different.

blueandgoldguy

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2020, 08:23:58 PM »

Last year, I had heard the Bomber season ticket base had fallen to 17-18,000 - the lowest since the late 90s.  This despite 3 consecutive winning seasons (2016-2018)

In 2019, average attendance decreased by over 1000 per game from the previous season and 2,000 from 2017.  Outside of the Banjo Bowl, no single game drew over 25,500 last year.

If season ticket sales are strong/showing dramatic improvement for this year, you would think we would have heard something from the media by now....courtesy of a leak from the bomber organization.  The fact that we have not tells me there has been little to no increase in sales.

IMO, they should reduce the price point of the top 5-10 rows of all sections of the upper decks.  Check out ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.  With the exception of the Banjo Bowl, there is a sea of blue dots in the top 10 rows of pretty well all the upper deck sections.  No real demand at those current prices.  Drop the prices $7 - $10 per game for those ($70 - $100 per season ticket) and maybe they actually move.

The CFL as a whole has experienced an alarming drop in attendance recently.  Nearly 2,000 per game in 2 years.  Average attendance league wide was less than 23,000 per game - first time since the early 2000s.
blue_or_die

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 08:53:13 PM »

Last year, I had heard the Bomber season ticket base had fallen to 17-18,000 - the lowest since the late 90s.  This despite 3 consecutive winning seasons (2016-2018)

In 2019, average attendance decreased by over 1000 per game from the previous season and 2,000 from 2017.  Outside of the Banjo Bowl, no single game drew over 25,500 last year.

If season ticket sales are strong/showing dramatic improvement for this year, you would think we would have heard something from the media by now....courtesy of a leak from the bomber organization.  The fact that we have not tells me there has been little to no increase in sales.

IMO, they should reduce the price point of the top 5-10 rows of all sections of the upper decks.  Check out ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.  With the exception of the Banjo Bowl, there is a sea of blue dots in the top 10 rows of pretty well all the upper deck sections.  No real demand at those current prices.  Drop the prices $7 - $10 per game for those ($70 - $100 per season ticket) and maybe they actually move.

The CFL as a whole has experienced an alarming drop in attendance recently.  Nearly 2,000 per game in 2 years.  Average attendance league wide was less than 23,000 per game - first time since the early 2000s.

False premise.

bigbuff33

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2020, 03:02:28 PM »

BC is offering a family of four ticket package for $75....that's how you get people in the stands...
TecnoGenius

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »

IMO, they should reduce the price point of the top 5-10 rows of all sections of the upper decks.  Check out ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.  With the exception of the Banjo Bowl, there is a sea of blue dots in the top 10 rows of pretty well all the upper deck sections.

Yes, at minimum the gold-colored seats (or highest 10 rows as you say) should be vastly cheaper, like $40 instead of $55.  AND they should offer the youth price option on those seats.  I really really hate how the kid pricing only applies to EZ and near-EZ corner seats.  Offer kid pricing in the nosebleeds too!

It's like the thought process is that if you have/bring kids that you are not a real fan that wants to actually watch the game from decent seats.  I've brought my kid to at least half the games in the last 4 years and let me tell you that I am watching the game intently.  I sat in the kids zone once and it was the worst viewing experience I ever had.  The only positive is Gabe and Buzz/Boomer are there.

BC is offering a family of four ticket package for $75....that's how you get people in the stands...

WPG does the family packages and they are similarly priced (between $75-$99 I think).  But, again, any "family" or "kid" thing from WFC forces you to sit outside the goal lines.  Why not have multiple family offers with different pricing for different sections?

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: