Blue Bombers Forum
February 19, 2020, 07:30:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevis and Fenner to free agency  (Read 1805 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »

But then we don't roster a LB most likely as a DI. With Medlock we can't have both.

Fenner was so vital to our STs or as a DI that he wasn't dressed at all during the playoffs.

Fine by me. I'd rather DI a DB anyway, and Fenner can play SAM.

No to Fenner and Fogg. My point was if we want a meh veteran DB, may as well retain Fogg.

Fenner at corner was wild. He got beat baaaaad and would have gotten beat even more if he wasn't so athletic.

I agree, let's get our prospects first dibs. There will always be veteran DBs available. Taylor and Maston are prime examples

Fenner had a bad start but was pretty good once he got going. Certainly he got beat out but again, I am not advocating him to be a starter.

He's more than a meh player when you factor in versatility + role on STs. I would rather have that than roll the dice on prospects (as long as the price is right, obviously)

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Go Big Blue

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 07:39:06 PM »

Nevis is a solid 300 lbs and is going to be missed on the D Line for stopping the run up the middle, especially for the short yardage attempts. Hope WJ talks to him about coming back and Walters can make his $ fit in their salary cap.  

The Blue Cow Cream Play of the 107th Grey Cup - #3 Thiadric Hansen: One hit takes out two Tiger Cats.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2020, 07:39:09 PM »

Fine by me. I'd rather DI a DB anyway, and Fenner can play SAM.

Fenner had a bad start but was pretty good once he got going. Certainly he got beat out but again, I am not advocating him to be a starter.

He's more than a meh player when you factor in versatility + role on STs. I would rather have that than roll the dice on prospects (as long as the price is right, obviously)

I believe Fenner signed for $140,000 when he came over from the Lions, big things were expected as he was one of the top SAM's in the league at that time.  So his salary didn't help his prospects of being re-signed, if he signs anywhere it's going to be for a major dip.
blue_or_die

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »

I believe Fenner signed for $140,000 when he came over from the Lions, big things were expected as he was one of the top SAM's in the league at that time.  So his salary didn't help his prospects of being re-signed, if he signs anywhere it's going to be for a major dip.

I agree. He's probably a $110k-ish player, tops.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue girl

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »

Nevis could come back but it will depend on if The Bombers can afford him. I'm more worried about the Canadians playing DT. Thomas can't play a full game and we don't know what we have in Griffiths.
blue girl

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 08:34:21 PM »

Forget what I said about Nevis. I just heard on CJOB that he's signed in Toronto.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 10:09:14 PM »

Forget what I said about Nevis. I just heard on CJOB that he's signed in Toronto.
yep that sucks he is gone. What a power in the middle. Richardson needs a new buddy up the middle with Fatboi.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2020, 10:23:10 PM »

yep that sucks he is gone. What a power in the middle. Richardson needs a new buddy up the middle with Fatboi.

Well, I am happy of one thing... all(?) our ex-players are going east.  Makes playing against them much less acrimonious.

Speaking of the East, looks like Randle may have to retire...

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
dd

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2020, 02:00:14 AM »

Nevis could come back but it will depend on if The Bombers can afford him. I'm more worried about the Canadians playing DT. Thomas can't play a full game and we don't know what we have in Griffiths.
I m not worried in the least with this one. I remember last year we put out 3 D ends to generate speed up the middle and that was effective.
DM83

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »

Randle???!!!  His wheels fell off a couple years ago.
Same with Fenner. Unless they do play him as a LB.  he certainly wasn't a corner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: