Blue Bombers Forum
April 07, 2020, 11:14:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevis and Fenner to free agency  (Read 2230 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »

There are so many better options than Fenner

lol, still having this argument, eh?

There are definitely better starters than Fenner out there, but he's a good utility guy that can play multiple positions and is an excellent ST guy. Great to have a Swiss army knife.

Anyway, my comment was directed more so to Nevis, who I think wants to see what he's worth. It's possible no one pays him what he wants, although less likely since I would imagine he is a relatively coveted FA prize.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 03:15:00 PM »

There are so many better options than Fenner

That may be true but it doesn't negate blue_or_die's point. Take what happened with Nevis last year as an example of that.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
the paw

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »

There are definitely better starters than Fenner out there, but he's a good utility guy that can play multiple positions and is an excellent ST guy. Great to have a Swiss army knife.

Anyway, my comment was directed more so to Nevis, who I think wants to see what he's worth. It's possible no one pays him what he wants, although less likely since I would imagine he is a relatively coveted FA prize.

I think a few teams would rather take Nevis at $125k than Micah Johnson at $250k.  And given what Nevis made last year, that would be a great raise.  I wish we still had cap room for him, but that ship has sailed.

grab grass 'n growl
theaardvark

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »

Nevis to TOR.  Makes sense... he was at the same Raptors game that Willie went to.  Good on him, he deserves a good pay day.  Losing Laing, though, tough sledding on the TOR D...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 07:41:38 PM »

I think a few teams would rather take Nevis at $125k than Micah Johnson at $250k.  And given what Nevis made last year, that would be a great raise.  I wish we still had cap room for him, but that ship has sailed.

Pre-Nevis the Bomber run D was a major weakness which cost them dearly, especially in late season games, Euclid Cummings, Keith Shologan, Zach Anderson, Bryant Turner all were DT's who failed to stem the flow.  Let's hope we don't see a return to that as it helps the secondary concentrate on pass D when they don't have to worry so much about breaking off coverage to make big tackles.  They now have Bighill so hopefully he returns to form and helps shut down the running game along with Wilson who is solid.  Major concern with Jake and unproven Griffiths on the field at the same time, hopefully that is seldom as they only need 1 Natl. on D, but depends largely on Richardson's stamina and the use of the extra DE rotation.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:57:47 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 08:06:41 PM »

Still no word on either signing elsewhere yet. Kinda surprised about Nevis, to be honest.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 08:08:50 PM »

Still no word on either signing elsewhere yet. Kinda surprised about Nevis, to be honest.

I'm guessing there's no way we can fit Nevis in but I'd sure like to have him back. He clogs up the middle so well.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 08:35:27 PM »

I'm guessing there's no way we can fit Nevis in but I'd sure like to have him back. He clogs up the middle so well.

Going by Walters latest interview DT is where they've decided to manage the ratio, as they're sticking with Alexander at S.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 09:15:04 PM »

Going by Walters latest interview DT is where they've decided to manage the ratio, as they're sticking with Alexander at S.

Ya and fair enough but they're apparently doing that by taking away Nevis and going with the status quo there. Can't have everything I suppose but it's not going to be quite as easy without Nevis there that's for sure.
DM83

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 01:43:52 AM »

They can sign Nevis.
They just have to  massage the ratio.
They should sign him. Bighill needs to have DTs occupy thise O-linemen so Biggie can prowl.
They can rotate a SB or. Go get a CDN safety to rotate in.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 01:58:09 AM »

Ya and fair enough but they're apparently doing that by taking away Nevis and going with the status quo there. Can't have everything I suppose but it's not going to be quite as easy without Nevis there that's for sure.

Not really status quo, Kongbo is gone and Griffiths is pencilled in to take Nevis's rotation. 

Argos have not officially signed Nevis yet so he may still be listening to other offers.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:08:03 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 02:24:15 AM »

Sign Fenner when its known Duck, McDougle, etc aren't potential starters.

Utility guys are great. Unfortunately they aren't as useful when they can only excel at one position (SAM) and that even then, they woumd up getting replaced numerous times.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 02:30:04 AM »

Nevis is expendable unless his price is right.
Disagree.  He is worth every penny.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 03:39:36 AM »

I want Nevis back.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 06:37:10 AM »

Josh Johnson signing today may mean we're not interested in Fenner at any price.  I wish him well on other teams.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: