Blue Bombers Forum
February 28, 2020, 12:52:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevis and Fenner to free agency  (Read 1897 times)
bwiser

« on: February 10, 2020, 09:09:53 PM »

It appears Nevis and Fenner are headed to free agency. Nevis is close to signing with the Argos according to TSN. We should know by sometime tomorrow
Jockitch

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:12:42 PM »

guess Nevis is part of the SMS change now that WJ re-upped ....... Nevis was a terrific Bomber.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "19"
bwiser

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »

Nevis was a big part of why the Bomber run defense was so stingy. It will be a big loss if he leaves as appears to be the case.
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:30:12 PM »

Nevis was a big part of why the Bomber run defense was so stingy. It will be a big loss if he leaves as appears to be the case.

Richardson was good as well, the two Int DT's worked well together.  I'm thinking we are going Nat at DT with Thomas/Griffiths, and with Richardson still on his first deal, Nevis may be a luxury we can't afford...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue girl

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 09:48:45 PM »

This doesn't surprise me. In order to keep some players you have to let others go.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 12:38:10 AM »

Fenner we can part with, Nevis will leave a hole.  Maybe we can find a cheaper replacement or a new face in camp could impress. 

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:38:40 AM »

Fenner we can part with, Nevis will leave a hole.  Maybe we can find a cheaper replacement or a new face in camp could impress. 
I believe this is because the ratio
Bombers9256

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 03:52:04 AM »

Tough to see Nevis go. He was a beast in the middle and teams could basically not run against us. I wonder if we should have spent Couture?s money on Nevis instead. Seemed like Speller did just fine. But I?m not an o line expert and Couture is solid.

#fortheW
TecnoGenius

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 04:30:38 AM »

I'd try to keep Nevis.  However, he might finally want the big payday, and he deserves it.  If we can't give it to him, then it's ok goes and gets it elsewhere.

Yes, Richardson might be able to step up, but he's not Nevis-level yet.  And even if we go NAT at DT, we'll need a new IMP backup / dev guy.

From a FAKENAT perspective, it's interesting to see us letting a potential DEFANAT choice walk.  So I'd say it's down to WR Adams or a LB (or Alexander) who will be our 3rd DEFANAT.

Fenner: I wouldn't write him off yet.  Let him see if he can get paid elsewhere, then re-sign him if he can't.  He's good for continuity and was doing well when we benched him due to our plethora of late-acquired DBs.  Not only do we need to replace Rose/Sayles: we have to stock up our DB depth.  You could do a lot worse than Fenner.

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 04:37:14 AM »

Nevis is expendable unless his price is right.
booch

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 01:08:02 PM »

Richardson isn't NEVIS level....but he is on a different level altogether actually...and another yr of experience will show it this year...he is extremely quick for a hydrant type guy and is better in backside pursuit, and more powerfull...Nevis had him beat in experience and savvy...but Richardson will eclipse that I bet by this year....Tho I still wish we were able to keep him

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 01:23:53 PM »

Not at all shocked re: Fenner. He became expendable, unfortunately.

I'm disappointed about Nevis, though. He's been a lynchpin for that D-line, especially against the run. I imagine his loss will be felt in the trenches, at least for a while.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »

As has been mentioned you can't pay everyone. Nevis will/should get a pay bump and it appears we can't justify it. I wish him the best and enjoyed having him on our team.

Fenner wasn't great wasn't terrible IMO he could be a good safety...just my opinion...in saying that if we go import at safety, maybe he could be back if the price is right or maybe a depth guy. If he can get paid better somewhere else he deserves that.
I will wish him the best, he had some great moments in B&G
blue_or_die

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 02:41:52 PM »

Still a chance these guys could be Bombers once the heavy fruit shakes loose in Free Agency...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
kkc60

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »

Still a chance these guys could be Bombers once the heavy fruit shakes loose in Free Agency...
There are so many better options than Fenner
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: