Blue Bombers Forum
April 07, 2020, 12:08:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers agree to terms with CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player Willie  (Read 1719 times)
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 02:18:04 AM »

Walters for Mayor!
Is there a bigger signing in Bomber history?
Milt

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 02:20:57 AM »

Walters for Mayor!

Nope.

But awesome
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 02:53:15 AM »

Walters for Mayor!

Indian Jack? They say Winnipeg stadium was the house the jack built so there is that but he never won a GC. I would still say a equal signing because of what he ultimately did for the club.

Maybe Dunnigan but he didn?t get it done either. But it boosted the fan base and general club interest. But no.

Don Jonas perhaps? Loved the camera kissing babies and shaking hands and put up jaw dropping numbers but He couldn?t get it done either.

Milt? See above so not really

The Lincoln Locomotive was bigger as was Ploen in my opinion. They won multiple championships together.

Greg Battle? Equal signing unless WJ plays a big part in winning another.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 03:32:00 AM »

Excellent... I've been holding my breath for a bit waiting for this announcement.
Ditto!!!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 04:27:49 AM »

I think the happiest person here should be Collaros.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 04:39:21 AM »

Walters for Mayor!

Not since Bighill out of thin air, IMHO.  Don't discount what Biggie brings to the table.  Amazing how we've gone from laughable D in '14 to arguably the best D in '19.  I'd say we have the best DE, the best MLB... and we had the best DB (Rose).

Say it with me PJ... #1 D!   Wink Grin Grin Grin

Never go full Rider!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2020, 05:45:27 AM »

Well it seems there were posters on here who were dead right about Willies commitment to this franchise!   I was pretty hopeful he was returning but Willie showed his commitment to this city and franchise as some of you speculated....especially Techno.   Good on you!   It's refreshing to see a player of Willies caliber turn down the cash offers thrown his way, and sticking  with the franchise that provided him and his family what they needed....plus a GC.    Congratulations Willie and you will be a force for us once again.   It's a great time to be a Bomber fan!!

GCn19

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2020, 07:06:38 AM »

Personally, I never really doubted he would be back as long as we showed him some love.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
bigbuff33

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »

A very big Mia Culpa...very big apology...egg on my face and I have no shame in admitting...

The culture which O'Shea, Walter and Miller have created...has players leaving $ on the table to stay here...

I wasn't sold on the apparent love in for Osh...but...

My bad...players want to play for the Bombers now...sign contract extensions to stay here...

Full credit to O'Shea, Walters and Miller.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2020, 12:18:57 AM »

Indian Jack? They say Winnipeg stadium was the house the jack built so there is that but he never won a GC. I would still say a equal signing because of what he ultimately did for the club.

Maybe Dunnigan but he didn?t get it done either. But it boosted the fan base and general club interest. But no.

Don Jonas perhaps? Loved the camera kissing babies and shaking hands and put up jaw dropping numbers but He couldn?t get it done either.

Milt? See above so not really

The Lincoln Locomotive was bigger as was Ploen in my opinion. They won multiple championships together.

Greg Battle? Equal signing unless WJ plays a big part in winning another.
I hear about Milt quite a lot and yes he was one of the greatest receivers in Bomber history never to win a Cup....which is a shame!   Leo Lewis back in the day was actually paid more by the Bombers than what he was offered down south.    He revolutionized the position as the CFL hadn't seen a running back with his combined skill sets and physical attributes.    When we first signed WJ last season and seeing how he had dismantled us in both the LDC and the Banjo Bowl I was pretty pumped.    Now, with his return and seeing how dominant of a player he is I'm even more pumped.    Fantastic news and all other CFL teams have Willie envy....book it!!

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 01:00:25 AM »

I hear about Milt quite a lot and yes he was one of the greatest receivers in Bomber history never to win a Cup....which is a shame!   Leo Lewis back in the day was actually paid more by the Bombers than what he was offered down south.    He revolutionized the position as the CFL hadn't seen a running back with his combined skill sets and physical attributes.    When we first signed WJ last season and seeing how he had dismantled us in both the LDC and the Banjo Bowl I was pretty pumped.    Now, with his return and seeing how dominant of a player he is I'm even more pumped.    Fantastic news and all other CFL teams have Willie envy....book it!!
LOL I was waiting for your post LL heck it is Goldie giving Lewis the props he certainly deserves. I am as pumped as you buddy!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 01:33:09 AM »

We all should be pumped.
Best QB
Best DE
Best Rb
Best OT
Best kicker
Best O line

What did I miss?

TecnoGenius

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 06:33:31 AM »

We all should be pumped.
Best QB
Best DE
Best Rb
Best OT
Best kicker
Best O line

What did I miss?

Best MIKE, even with his "down" year, once you factor in the on-field intangibles.

Maybe even best NAT receiver/RB (Demski).  That kid is coming on strong!

I'd strike off best QB... But certainly a very good QB (who we'll love forever for the GC win) when he's not seeing stars.

Never go full Rider!
booch

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2020, 01:57:35 PM »

Best MIKE, even with his "down" year, once you factor in the on-field intangibles.

Maybe even best NAT receiver/RB (Demski).  That kid is coming on strong!

I'd strike off best QB... But certainly a very good QB (who we'll love forever for the GC win) when he's not seeing stars.

I'd include best safety now with Alexander, and if not the second best end in Jeffcoat...the 3rd then, and quite possibly the best returner....Banks is good but he isn't a dedicated full-time return guy...and if you wanna really go crazy...best long snapper and 2 best special teams tacklers hahahaa
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 02:41:39 PM »

LOL I was waiting for your post LL heck it is Goldie giving Lewis the props he certainly deserves. I am as pumped as you buddy!
Yes....I had to acknowledge another poster talking about the LL.   Fact is, only a handful of posters on this forum were fortunate enough to see him play in person.    Might have something to do with the fact that I'm pushing 70....lol!   I was starting to worry that I might leave this place before the Bombers won another GC.  To actually attend my very first GC ever....and witness the Bombers perform down to the man, in epic fashion, is a lifelong memory that will never fade.   

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: