Blue Bombers Forum
February 27, 2020, 04:52:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: SJ Green signs with Tampa  (Read 697 times)
theaardvark

« on: February 10, 2020, 05:19:54 PM »

No, not that Tampa...  the Vipers, who SJ has been volunteer coaching for.  Apparently, no one was interested enough to make an offer he couldn't refuse...

Trestman really needed help with the Red Zone, SJ would be a great fit.  Big loss for the CFL, but good on him.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:23:44 PM »

Familiarity with the HC, playing the game he loves in his hometown, a chance to make some cash in the now... Not a shocking development, especially when you factor in his age.

Could be a transitionary type of thing, too. Perhaps he sees himself as a coach down the road.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
gobombersgo

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:45:22 PM »

No, not that Tampa...  the Vipers, who SJ has been volunteer coaching for.  Apparently, no one was interested enough to make an offer he couldn't refuse...

Trestman really needed help with the Red Zone, SJ would be a great fit.  Big loss for the CFL, but good on him.

Did he actually sign with a team already? I herd that teams are eligible to sign him according to a waiver wire system. He doesn't get to choose who to sign with.

Also he will be able to play in the CFL when the XFL season is over and possibly not miss any games.

theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 06:07:06 PM »

OK, I guess there is a waiver thingy, but I'm sure there is no tampering in a league where there is one owner...

Matthew Scianitti@TSNScianitti

Longtime 10K yard #CFL receiver SJ Green will sign with the XFL today. Green signs deal with XFL primary ownernship group and will enter the league waiver wire where his rights will be picked-up by a team at the top of the wire. SJ Green's deal will run through May 31 2020 #XFL

They'd be dumb not to let him go to the Vipers...

He might still come back to the CFL, the contract ends before June 1...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 08:39:25 PM »

OK, I guess there is a waiver thingy, but I'm sure there is no tampering in a league where there is one owner...

Matthew Scianitti@TSNScianitti

Longtime 10K yard #CFL receiver SJ Green will sign with the XFL today. Green signs deal with XFL primary ownernship group and will enter the league waiver wire where his rights will be picked-up by a team at the top of the wire. SJ Green's deal will run through May 31 2020 #XFL

They'd be dumb not to let him go to the Vipers...

He might still come back to the CFL, the contract ends before June 1...

Tampa-ring*

...I'll show myself out.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
ichabod_crane

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 08:43:16 PM »

XFL...another flop in the making! Cheesy
Pigskin

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 08:55:08 PM »

What a career he has had.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 04:41:24 AM »

The XFL will be as fake as the WWE. Refs will be biased and let certain teams win. CFL refs will be perfect down there.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 02:47:45 AM »

The XFL will be as fake as the WWE. Refs will be biased and let certain teams win. CFL refs will be perfect down there.
Wow have some respect.  That comment about CFL refs is uncalled for.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 02:58:32 AM »

Wow you must be fun to be around.

XFL isn't fake. CFL refs aren't fake.
kkc60

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 02:59:07 AM »

XFL...another flop in the making! Cheesy
Hope not. When these leagues fold, lots of hardworking people lose their jobs.
VictorRomano

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 03:28:07 AM »

The XFL will be as fake as the WWE. Refs will be biased and let certain teams win.

If you actually tunes into the game(s), you'd know both the refs and the command centre are live mic'd....no chance for collusion.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 03:35:31 AM »

Green gone at this point. Meh good for him if it?s makes him happy. He was  kinda trending downwards lately anyways.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 06:19:32 AM »

When does XFL start up anyhow?  I want to look for it on TV and catch a few games.  I had fun watching the AAF while it lasted.

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
VictorRomano

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 12:10:03 PM »

When does XFL start up anyhow?  I want to look for it on TV and catch a few games.  I had fun watching the AAF while it lasted.

Started last Sunday.  TSN carries the games on Sunday afternoon/evening.
GCn19

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 12:37:04 PM »

I tried watching it on Sunday and it was not a style of football that I care for. That being said, it was better than the AAF. I really don't see it maintaining traction though. Probably won't be as quick a demise as the AAF. I enjoyed seeing some former Bombers like Philip Nelson, and LDW.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 12:41:15 PM »

Wow you must be fun to be around.

XFL isn't fake. CFL refs aren't fake.
We agree on this one man.  Props.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
gobombersgo

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »

They actually have games on Saturday that TSN broadcasts as well.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:05 PM »

Cool, thanks!  Got the PVR queued up now.  Looks like the TSNs and Fox and WDAZ all have some games.  Not to bring up XFL in the CFL side of the forum, of course... any more discussion should go in Offside I think.  My bad!

Probably won't be as quick a demise as the AAF. I enjoyed seeing some former Bombers like Philip Nelson, and LDW.

LDW?  Cool.  Nice to see him have a job again.  Paging 66, paging 66...

Some people take this forum way too cavalierly.
dd

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 01:47:32 AM »

This is probably the most ignorant post I?ve ever read. There?s nothing fake about the league, try watching the games before commenting. There was nothing fake in any of the 4 games I watched last weekend.

And as for refs favouring teams, in any league, dream on Chet. There?s instant replay on every play, challenges and an evaluation committee that evaluates and documents every refs performance in every game. Such a comment is beyond ridiculous and 100% baseless trolling.
DM83

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 08:48:07 AM »

As usual, ya need. Good QBs. Trestman doesn't have one.
CFL pass I rules and. Replay are the best.  All leagues should. Go to one foot needed for inbounds, and defensive force out should be a awardeda catch, if normally( without contact) the guy would have. Come down in bounds.

My point is, people pay to watch offence..   Same with the NHL off-side rule. The league needs to encourage. Goals, not call them back.  If then skater " is above the blue line" he. Should be. on side. Secondly the blue line should be considered in the Zone.( like. The goal-line in football , is "in"the end zone.)
Go Offence. Go
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: