Blue Bombers Forum
July 13, 2020, 07:23:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darvin Adams  (Read 4660 times)
4everalonghair

« on: February 09, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »

TSN reporting a 3 year extension
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 08:00:39 PM »

Good. He needs to be more consistent though.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 08:42:04 PM »

It's official....

Blue Bombers agree to terms on contract extension with receiver Darvin Adams

WINNIPEG, MB., February 9, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the team has agreed to terms with wide receiver Darvin Adams on a three-year contract extension, keeping Adams in Blue and Gold through 2022.

Adams (6-2, 201, Auburn) had been scheduled to become a free agent on February 11, but is now locked up through the 2022 Canadian Football League season. The 2020 campaign will mark the 30-year-old's sixth with the Blue Bombers since joining the club in 2015 after two years with the Toronto Argonauts.

An injury limited Adams to 13 games in 2019 and he finished the year with 47 catches for 549 yards and five touchdowns, ending a streak of back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2017 and 2018.

The veteran receiver was especially effective in the Bombers' push to a championship, making some critical catches in three playoff games leading up to and including the Grey Cup. Adams had six catches for 105 yards and a 71-yard touchdown in the Western Semi-Final win over the Calgary Stampeders and a week later, pulled in eight catches for 93 yards in the Western Final victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He then had three receptions for 11 yards in the Grey Cup decision over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, and even completed a 13-yard pass to quarterback Chris Streveler.

He has 296 receptions for 4,226 yards as a Bomber, ranking him just outside the franchise's Top 10 in both categories. He also has 34 touchdowns as a Bomber.

Adams is a two-time West Division All-Star (2017, 2018) and was a CFL Players Association All-Star in 2017.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:13:02 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 08:49:22 PM »

Walters is checking them off...Darvin can be a very different threat with ZC...

OL Michael Couture (N)
DL Willie Jefferson (I)
DL Drake Nevis (I)
DL Craig Roh (I)
LB Korey Jones (I)
LB Thomas Miles (N)
DB Chandler Fenner (I)
DB Jeff Hecht (N)
DB Derek Jones (N)

Is all we have left...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:51:25 PM by The Zipp » Logged
blue girl

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 08:59:50 PM »

For me this is a great signing. He seems to have chemistry with Collaros which was probably a factor. Apparently it was down to Ottawa and Winnipeg so I guess he would rather catch passes from Collaros than Arbuckle. I'm glad LaPo didn't lure him away.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 09:04:51 PM »

I really like his grit. We needed one receiver and with him signed on I wouldn't expect us to target any higher end receivers in FA

We should start the season off well, as we have a minimal roster turn over.

QB depth could be a concern, replacing the losses in the secondary could be a concern in particular if we have any injuries, and our D-line rotation could be a concern, as IMO T.O will outbid us or anyone else for Willie.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 02:42:58 AM »

He's been the team's most consistent receiver since he signed here in 2015. This is a great signing.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 02:43:46 AM »

He's been the team's most consistent receiver since he signed here in 2015. This is a great signing.
maybe that?s not saying much. No more big drops.

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 02:48:19 AM »

Amazing!!!
Nah he has been fine

maybe that?s not saying much. No more big drops.
Nah he has great hands
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:50:15 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 02:57:10 AM »

He reminds me of a Terrence Edwards. Very good but not great. Especially towards to end of Edwards run here. I love Terrence but he dropped a few as well. I am not saying he is terrible but hope he just catches more balls as opposed to dropping them. Great WR blocker as well. No question there.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 03:00:02 AM »

He reminds me of a Terrence Edwards. Very good but not great. Especially towards to end of Edwards run here. I love Terrence but he dropped a few as well. I am not saying he is terrible but hope he just catches more balls as opposed to dropping them. Great WR blocker as well. No question there.
You and many on here just can't get past he isnt and never will be a top receiver.  He is just below that and TE was great as well.

This signing is an amazing value and he will be a career Bomber.  Great job by management.  Love this guy.  Even better than Denny lol.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 03:02:28 AM »

I know we do agree on a few items but I think he should and could be a better player. He tends to do disappearing acts in games as well. Maybe without Lapo around to dink and dunk he will se. more mid to long crossing patterns for example. Maybe Buck can improve him that angle.

kkc60

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 03:07:09 AM »

You and many on here just can't get past he isnt and never will be a top receiver.  He is just below that and TE was great as well.

This signing is an amazing value and he will be a career Bomber.  Great job by management.  Love this guy.  Even better than Denny lol.
You literally have litteres threads where people say "he's not a #1 receiver" with different defenses for him
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 03:09:32 AM »

You literally have litteres threads where people say "he's not a #1 receiver" with different defenses for him
lol shocking!

pjrocksmb

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 03:10:02 AM »

He is our #1 just not a lights out top receiver (i define top as league leaders / top 5 maybe?).  Please quote me where I didn't say he was a #1.
He is a 1000 yard guy.  He will never lead the league but he will never let us down.  This thread isn't about me its about Adams.  Lets talk about him please.

Yes I'll continue to defend him.  The thread you are bringing up is one where someone said he the worst starting receiver in the league, which was ridiculous. I see a guy who can be top 10 but injuries have prevented that.

lol shocking!
Great contribution
I know we do agree on a few items but I think he should and could be a better player. He tends to do disappearing acts in games as well. Maybe without Lapo around to dink and dunk he will se. more mid to long crossing patterns for example. Maybe Buck can improve him that angle.
Your characterization of Lapos offense is over simplified and generalized.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:25:39 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: