Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2020, 04:41:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bomber Stickers / Decals  (Read 779 times)
Chicocat

« on: February 19, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »

I was hoping to get some assistance in trying to determine some of the history behind the window decals / stickers that the Blue Bombers have issued throughout their history.

The Bombers have produced stickers / decals for various stakeholders and purposes over the years and it appears (at least for some stretches of time) that they have annually issued unique stickers / decals for each season.  (For example, for "season ticket holders" and "Members" with specific years on them and generic stickers with the Bomber logo that have sponsor advertising.)

I know that the Bombers issued a "Season Seat Member"  water decal dating back to 1961 and last year the Bombers produced both 2019 Season Ticket Member and 2019 Bomber for Life stickers.  At various points in time in between I'm aware of annual decals / stickers they have produced for season ticket holders but I'm not sure whether they produced them continuously / annually.  For example it is quite common to find season ticket holder stickers from the mid-1980's through the early 1990's  but I have never seen any for the 2000's and early 2010's?  Does anyone know whether the Bombers actually have produced unique annual stickers for their season ticket holders from the early 1960's through today?

Additionally, In the mid-1980's the Bombers seemed to produce multiple stickers per year - for season ticket holders but also stickers that indicated "True Blue Booster" and then stickers that just had a date and / or slogan - sponsor advertisement.  (In 1985 I have seen 8 different sticker variations).  I know in some years in the mid-late 1980's they issued both "Season Ticket Holder" and "Member" stickers with the dates on them.  Does anyone know what the distinction between being a "Member" and "Season Ticket Holder" might have been?

Any insight would be appreciated.

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 04:49:47 AM »

I don't have a quick answer for you but I'd encourage you to make a call to the Bomber office or Bomber Store as a starting point.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 04:16:50 PM »

I'm not sure the Bomber Store would be the best source on this sort of history. The staff there (hardworking, pleasant, helpful) are all quite young and would likely not have a grasp of history beyond the 1990s at best.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 05:32:19 PM »

Contact Speed-Flex on the MBB site, he's a collector of Bomber memorabilia with an encyclopedic knowledge of their past.
Chicocat

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:27:29 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback.  I'll follow up and let you know if I find out any more information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: