Blue Bombers Forum
February 27, 2020, 04:16:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agency - Discussion on Signings by Other CFL Teams  (Read 3532 times)
kkc60

« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2020, 06:23:45 PM »

Alexander is going to be an All-Star at Safety this season, book it.
I'd hope so. He is playing a position that's mostly Canadian. He is, somewhat, a unicorn
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2020, 06:36:37 PM »

Jennings to the Bombers make sense.

You need a back-up that has CFL experience, while grooming a young QB.
Jennings is done in this league.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
booch

« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2020, 06:59:06 PM »

Just cause Walter's says that now...doesn't mean it's final..done...set in stone...
Nic16

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »

Just cause Walter's says that now...doesn't mean it's final..done...set in stone...

I haven?t looked lately, but is there a NAT FA that can play Safety still available?

I know Hallet played Safety in school, but I have strong doubt he is ready to play it at the pro level. And I don?t think Exume practiced there much - if at all.
booch

« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »

I haven?t looked lately, but is there a NAT FA that can play Safety still available?

I know Hallet played Safety in school, but I have strong doubt he is ready to play it at the pro level. And I don?t think Exume practiced there much - if at all.
Hallett was a higher ranked guy before is injury, so he dropped and from what i was told was signed for his safety potential...Exume has practiced there, and on corner...even tough a late pick..and talk was he was drafted for his ST excellence...he still was a corner in university and isn't just a ST'mer...I think he would be perfect to play safety..closes fast...pretty solid tackler and is tough
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2020, 07:39:51 PM »

I'd hope so. He is playing a position that's mostly Canadian. He is, somewhat, a unicorn

Alexander plays Safety much as Leggett did before he bulked up and moved to SAM.
Nic16

« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »

Hallett was a higher ranked guy before is injury, so he dropped and from what i was told was signed for his safety potential...Exume has practiced there, and on corner...even tough a late pick..and talk was he was drafted for his ST excellence...he still was a corner in university and isn't just a ST'mer...I think he would be perfect to play safety..closes fast...pretty solid tackler and is tough

Both Exume & Hallett have proven to be valuable on special teams, no debating that. But as starters at S or CB, I just don?t see it being the plan just yet.

That said, it would be awesome if I was shown to be wrong...but I just don?t see it happening until 2021.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2020, 07:55:28 PM »

So at what point does the receiver value button get reached?  Walker, Tasker, Rhymes, Edwards, and Roosevelt are still unsigned.  It can't just be everyone bidding for Walker at this point and the other four waiting for whatever teams don't get in on Walker, can it?
booch

« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »

Both Exume & Hallett have proven to be valuable on special teams, no debating that. But as starters at S or CB, I just don?t see it being the plan just yet.

That said, it would be awesome if I was shown to be wrong...but I just don?t see it happening until 2021.

Wasn't saying starting at CB...was saying has played it, so obviously has DB skills....BOTH should be given major time in TC to prove they can't handle the role tho..we know Alexander can play it so he shouldn't be taking away reps from a possible ratio shift, or at the least the ability to guage if one..or the other can take reps there in a game, or be the back-up
Nic16

« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2020, 08:02:07 PM »

Wasn't saying starting at CB...was saying has played it, so obviously has DB skills....BOTH should be given major time in TC to prove they can't handle the role tho..we know Alexander can play it so he shouldn't be taking away reps from a possible ratio shift, or at the least the ability to guage if one..or the other can take reps there in a game, or be the back-up

I remember seeing Exume take reps at CB in practice, and he was listed there as backup on the game day roster...if that means anything.

Either way, I get your point(s)...and we will no doubt see them taking far more reps at Safety in practice this year. And with any luck they are 100% ready if Alexander goes down.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: