Blue Bombers Forum
April 07, 2020, 01:25:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agency - Discussion on Signings by Other CFL Teams  (Read 4518 times)
Ridermania

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »

Veteran defensive tackle Drake Nevis is signing with the Argos after becoming a free agent.

The 30-year-old spent the last three seasons in Winnipeg during which he recorded 101 tackles and eleven sacks in 64 games.

He played one previous season with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 2016, notching 29 tackles and five sacks in 14 contests.
GCn19

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2020, 07:21:28 PM »

Veteran defensive tackle Drake Nevis is signing with the Argos after becoming a free agent.

The 30-year-old spent the last three seasons in Winnipeg during which he recorded 101 tackles and eleven sacks in 64 games.

He played one previous season with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 2016, notching 29 tackles and five sacks in 14 contests.

Awesome that he went East. Would have been bad if he were a Rider as the loss of Micah would be a little bit offset then. Guess you guys needed to save that cash for JSJ.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2020, 07:30:42 PM »

I'll just add to that...

Stamps were the model for quite a few years because they were a winning team with a great GM. IMO, Winnipeg has taken that to another level with the Canadian Mafia and has made it the "Family" to play for. Having won a GC doesn't hurt either. Wink

With the retirement of Rob Maver and the Stamps signing of Rockin' Ronnie Pfeffer, the Bombers have a clear tactical advantage in the punting dept. Stamps are going dooowwnn.
Tehedra

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2020, 07:38:31 PM »

Ticats have a very strong roster.  Earlier today, I would have said they have issues with OTs and all their receivers were good but small.  Posey isn't exactly a big body, but man, that is a good group of receivers that just got better.

As far as I can tell, Dean for Tuggle is a wash and they have upgraded a very good d-line. If their Canadian running backs stay healthy this year, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with. 

Let's face it, the bombers won the Grey Cup, but the hamilton tiger cats were the team to beat all year.  I think they are my second favourite team and I agree they seem to have a very good roster set.  Luckily so do we!  Still jealous though as I liked posey lol
BlueInCgy

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2020, 07:45:30 PM »

I thought Posey would have been a good pickup as well, and thought he might have been able to be had for less than what might have been in previous years.

While I'm not convinced there's no money left in the cupboards in Bomberland, I was hoping we'd see a surprise signing today (either Nevis back, Posey, Walker, etc) but the longer today drags out the more I doubt that.

Congrats go to Pinball for literally buying the best player available at every position (for the most part).  Don't know how he's going to pay for them, but I guess we'll find out over the next four months.
blueraid

« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2020, 07:55:58 PM »

I think we're in on one of the receivers left in fa...There's still a couple of good ones...Walker being no 1....Rhymes  and Edwards ....Just have a feeling that Walters is being a little coy on the state of our sms...We brought one guy in ...Johnson...there has to be more money somewhere and if we left ourselves that short heading into fa...knowing we had a few important spots to fill, then I have to question the reasoning behind that
BlueInCgy

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »

One more thing

Sign Ian Wild to a one day contract so he can retire a Bomber.
theaardvark

« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2020, 08:01:31 PM »

One more thing

Sign Ian Wild to a one day contract so he can retire a Bomber.

Wild, Fogg, Jovon, Durant... oh wait... Durant already is retired as a Bomber. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2020, 08:27:25 PM »

Over time, I seem to recall Hamilton "winning" the FA period on paper every year. Hasn't paid dividends in terms of cups.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
DM83

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2020, 08:50:56 AM »

We still need a safety.  Love Alexander there, but.... Could use him elseware.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

Pipkin to the Eskimos.

Welcome to Winnipeg Jon Jennings, forgive us if we call you Bishop 2.0.
theaardvark

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2020, 03:37:33 PM »

Pipkin to the Eskimos.

Welcome to Winnipeg Jon Jennings, forgive us if we call you Bishop 2.0.

No, thank you.  Recruit the next Arbuckle/Evans/Streveler, please... if McGuire isn't already that...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Ridermania

« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2020, 06:01:03 PM »

Jennings to the Bombers make sense.

You need a back-up that has CFL experience, while grooming a young QB.
Nic16

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »

We still need a safety.  Love Alexander there, but.... Could use him elseware.
Walters stated in his press conference on Tuesday they prefer Alexander at Safety, because he is very good at it. The NAT on D will be used at the more traditional position - DT.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »

Walters stated in his press conference on Tuesday they prefer Alexander at Safety, because he is very good at it. The NAT on D will be used at the more traditional position - DT.

Alexander is going to be an All-Star at Safety this season, book it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: