Blue Bombers Forum
July 13, 2020, 08:00:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agency - Discussion on Signings by Other CFL Teams  (Read 7023 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: February 08, 2020, 06:00:58 AM »

Here is the thread to discuss free agency transactions/signings by CFL teams other than the Blue Bombers.

Thread will be unlocked at the start of free agency on February 11th.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:22:39 AM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 05:43:48 AM »

Thread is now open for discussion.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
RicoBeBlue

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 06:27:22 AM »

Just read Sask has signed James Franklin.
https://3downnation.com/2020/02/11/riders-sign-quarterback-james-franklin/

I assume that Mass would be key in that signing. If my info is still current that would be five QBs. Fajardo, Bennett, Harker, Hansen and now Franklin. He was snapped up pretty quickly.

Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge. Others only gargle. : Woody Allen
TecnoGenius

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 06:44:17 AM »

I assume that Mass would be key in that signing. If my info is still current that would be five QBs. Fajardo, Bennett, Harker, Hansen and now Franklin. He was snapped up pretty quickly.

Maybe they saw that TOR became trade-bait QB-central last year and want a piece of that action!  Wait until other teams have QB injuries and charge them an arm & leg for a Franklin trade.

Bummer --- I was really hoping our #3 would be Franklin as I still think he might be decent in a "real" team.  It would be worth the peanut $$ to find out, IMHO.  Guess SSK will do the work for us.

And now we have to really pray to your deity of choice that Zach can stay standing all year... because there is literally no serviceable non-unknown QB left in the CFL.  Hmmm.... maybe KW has a line on Strevie not sticking in the NFL and back for labor day??  Hmmmm... KW doesn't seem like a big enough gambler to be gambling like he is right now, there's got to be something else going on.

Zach needs to be under strict instructions not to go up the gut in game #1: the GC rematch against HAM.  I wouldn't let Simoni anywhere near him.  I'm going to be having a heart attack all game long.  Hell, if it was me I might start McGuire!!  Shocked

Never go full Rider!
Ducky

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »

Can they legit keep 5 Qbs?
theaardvark

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 01:59:25 PM »

Well, that means Bennett shakes loose...  does Buck like him enough to bring him back?  Of all the QB's out there, I think he's one of the best at the "3rd QB as a FB" emergency QB and ST demon...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 02:03:32 PM »

I believe it was a smart move by O'Day.
bluebeard

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »

I believe that you can keep as many as you want but why would you?  Bennet has played out his option so he may not be signed.  Nice to have arms at training camp but that is all.  Most teams will keep three and one as a prospect.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 02:19:41 PM »

Solly E has re-signed in Sask..

Dunk says the Bombers were interested...
GCn19

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »

Solly E has re-signed in Sask..

Dunk says the Bombers were interested...

Cool...that means we have some money to spend

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
bigbuff33

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »

Hoping we can find at least one solid db in free agency
booch

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »

Hoping we can find at least one solid db in free agency
Lots out there..Evans..Mincy..Leonard..Levels..Kaneh..among others...
GCn19

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 02:32:09 PM »

Lots out there..Evans..Mincy..Leonard..Levels..Kaneh..among others...

DBs love Hall's system too. Lots of opportunities for interceptions and big plays. Don't know what kind of budget we have left but we should be able to sign a high quality DB if we have the SMS.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 02:38:34 PM »

DBs love Hall's system too. Lots of opportunities for interceptions and big plays. Don't know what kind of budget we have left but we should be able to sign a high quality DB if we have the SMS.

Ciante Evans is my hope.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »

Ciante Evans is my hope.
Yeah as is mine...though a dark horse masy be that NFL'er we signed...name escapes me...also I bet that Chris Lyles gets a looong look and boundary corner...big body...fast..has some CFL experience and looks from NFL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: