Blue Bombers Forum
September 29, 2020, 03:45:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Back up Qb's  (Read 17055 times)
booch

« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2020, 01:22:28 PM »

Bringin Franklin into the crotch of canada may mean the release of Bennett...It wouldn't be a bad thing to bring him back as the 3rd stringer..has experience..knows our system and excells on ST's
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2020, 01:29:15 PM »

I would still like to see Pipkin here.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:15 PM »

By Jove you're right!  Well then what the heck was all that talk on many other threads where everyone was sure he was signed through 2020 and that in 2019 FA he restructured his contract??  Argh... I wish you'd posted this then!

I could have sworn he was '18, '19, '20.  But it wasn't:
https://winnipegsun.com/2017/01/18/quarterback-matt-nichols-is-the-man/wcm/a8036c1b-c1d1-482c-bf05-6ef87c8f119d

So much for that theory.

What the heck was all that "restructuring" talk about then?  If he's going into FA, what is there to restructure?  At least I'm pretty sure that was real(?).  And why was everyone all year on TSN and even CJOB confused constantly about whether he was a FA after '19?  Weird.

I literally posted the same information in at least three separate threads in 2018 and 2019.

Back to the topic at hand, looks like it's Jennings or Pipkin at this point.  I don't care which one at this point, as long as it's not neither.....

I guess Bennett will likely shake loose, and he actually seems to the be model of the new QB2 policy, in that he might be rostered as an STer with QB3 tendencies, but I don't know that I want McQuire/Bennett leading this team when/if Zach gets banged up/out.  Feels too much like the Elliot/Brink years.
theaardvark

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »

Bennett would be a great addition.. have to wonder if the Bombers lack of movement on a 3rd QB is their new policy of only rostering 2, or are they waiting for the right one... he is the perfect QB3 as FB/ST demon...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2020, 06:44:45 AM »

Yes, Bennett threw the game and the thousands of dollars he would have received in Grey Cup bonus away as a solid to his old team. SMH

I know, I know... but just go watch that play again.  We all watch a lot of pro football... have you ever seen a QB freeze like that?  I haven't.  Seriously.  If it was just a brain fart then I wouldn't want him on the field for critical downs!!  We've seen tons of plays go awry, from LS FG holders to QBs handing off the wrong way... but never do they just stand there!

Bennett would be a great addition.. have to wonder if the Bombers lack of movement on a 3rd QB is their new policy of only rostering 2, or are they waiting for the right one... he is the perfect QB3 as FB/ST demon...

All depends on the final reality of what position you can dress the guy for games.  I think McGuire is enough Strev-like that we don't need another.  Any "#3" needs to be a legit dev guy or vet, IMHO.  Or we just play the panic game when Collaros goes down.

I literally posted the same information in at least three separate threads in 2018 and 2019.

Sorry!  My bad.  Brain tries to hold every single post at all times but can only store so much, I guess... Maybe I did the ol' 2017 + 3 years = 2020 thing.

Never go full Rider!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2020, 05:05:29 PM »

I agree, now that the Franklin option has disappeared bringing Bennett back for a 3rd kick at the can would be good/cheap insurance just in case McGuire doesn't blossom into the butterfly that many hope.  From what I've seen of Bennett he will do whatever is asked of him and usually does it well, his pre-season play from last season confirms his value and physical abilities as a runner and passer.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2020, 07:27:36 PM »

I agree, now that the Franklin option has disappeared bringing Bennett back for a 3rd kick at the can would be good/cheap insurance just in case McGuire doesn't blossom into the butterfly that many hope.  From what I've seen of Bennett he will do whatever is asked of him and usually does it well, his pre-season play from last season confirms his value and physical abilities as a runner and passer.

Probably better off getting a raw rookie QB who has more potential. Bennett only a good QB decoy with his freeze up act in the western final last year!  As others have mentioned that was truly from the Bizarro world! Wink
theaardvark

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2020, 08:00:08 PM »

The Bennett freeze play was dumbfounding, for sure.  I'd love to know how/why it happened.  I'm sure there is a lot more to the story than we are getting... regardless, Bennett would be a good add, as a DI that plays teams and can sub in as well.  Anyone know if he has any Rec experience, or LB? 

How many QB's make the changeover?  Sinopoli... Marshall... didn't make it as QB's but excell in position... might Bennett be looking down that road?  How long do players hold onto QB dreams? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2020, 08:53:37 AM »

Is Jennings still out there? 
Jennings was actually decent.m lousy team around him, but he was manageable
Bennet shaking loose from Sask would be good.  A poor mans Strevelor?
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2020, 01:26:39 PM »

Jennings is still available. There are a lot of big names still out there, too.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
booch

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »

you could field a pretty good expansion team with guys out there at moment...some guys are gonna be having to accept value deals if they want to keep playing...maybe some will do the ol XFL double dip and hope for some teams to be in injury trouble, or looking to replace under performing guys when the XFL wraps up in May...get paid and be able to be floated in in game condition
bigbuff33

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2020, 02:04:24 PM »

The last few seasons we've found Strev and McGuire...
Perhaps our scouts are looking for a QB that we will develop...
Our scouts have been doing a great job the past few seasons finding players
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:30:17 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
BlueInCgy

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »

Pipkin off the board.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2020, 03:32:22 PM »

Pipkin off the board.

With only a couple of more words you could have made this a useful post.  Where did Pipkin sign?
BlueInCgy

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2020, 03:34:09 PM »

With only a couple of more words you could have made this a useful post.  Where did Pipkin sign?

Not Toronto.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: