Blue Bombers Forum
June 05, 2020, 02:31:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alouettes Fire Sale  (Read 2602 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »

Funny how most here were balking at $160k for Loffler a year ago but are giddy at the idea of getting Lokombo for $200k this year... Lokombo's good, but he's a hitter like Loffler, not a ball tracker, ball hawk or hands guy.  Sure, he's usually healthier than Loffler, but they are kind of the same player (with a slight edge to Lokombo).

I thought no one wanted to spend big $$ at FS because "it's the easiest position to hide a NAT in".  I don't think we're a team to take a big $$ FA FS.  Try to draft a guy for ELC who can develop, or sign an under-appreciated (i.e. cheap) FA NAT.

Where the heck is Loffler, anyhow?  Tub med still?

Lokombo is a better overall player with less injury problems than Loffler. He is much more versatile where he could actually start if needed. Loffler was never going to play at WIL or MLB.

OTOH most of agree $200K is not a wise expenditure for a player most likely to play mostly at safety.

It really depends whether we have other areas to upgrade and add a 7th Canadian starter.

At the moment I don't see it at receiver or OL. There might be some opportunity on the DL.

Ackie was mentioned but he wouldn't come cheap either and overall I'd take Lokombo as preferable for the same money. Regardless he's not a free agent. Ackie probably stays where he is as well.

An earlier dream would have been Adeleke for a smaller SMS hit and possible better upside
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:43:37 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »

If we don't land Jefferson, I would take a hard run at Chris Ackie, he makes a lot of plays.
Blue In BC

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2020, 05:37:04 PM »

If we don't land Jefferson, I would take a hard run at Chris Ackie, he makes a lot of plays.

I like Ackie and he's versatile. He's missed a bunch of games in each of the last 4 seasons including 2019. Anybody remember when he was injured and what that injury was? He only played 10 games last year.

Regardless, I'd want the team to at least speak to his agent and see what his expectations might be.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2020, 05:44:38 PM »

I believe he was a late signing because he was hanging around the NFL.
Blue In BC

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2020, 06:12:55 PM »

Just on a side note I wonder how Loffler is recovering from his injury and what his outlook is for 2020?

He's not a free agent but I could see him being released with that hanging over his head and if the Als re-sign Ackie.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »

Just on a side note I wonder how Loffler is recovering from his injury and what his outlook is for 2020?

He's not a free agent but I could see him being released with that hanging over his head and if the Als re-sign Ackie.

He obviously does not have a roster bonus in his deal... I'd pass on bringing Loffler back, even with load management he is an injury concern, just from the way he plays, and if he doesn't play that way, he's not the player you want...  plus he is not getting younger, each injury gets him closer to the end... we went though that with Buck.  No doubting the desire or talent, just writing cheques the body can't cash,,,

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2020, 06:42:35 PM »

He obviously does not have a roster bonus in his deal... I'd pass on bringing Loffler back, even with load management he is an injury concern, just from the way he plays, and if he doesn't play that way, he's not the player you want...  plus he is not getting younger, each injury gets him closer to the end... we went though that with Buck.  No doubting the desire or talent, just writing cheques the body can't cash,,,

I don't want him back after another critical knee injury. I am wondering if his career is over. That would be unfortunate but that's sports and injury. He might be better off saving what's left of both his knees at this point.

If can return I'd expect the Als to re-negotiate his deal based on games played / performance. Too much risk.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 06:45:25 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2020, 10:26:06 PM »

I?d be going after tommy Campbell to address some of our secondary issues
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2020, 05:48:42 AM »

The receivers I would like to have are Burnham, Roosevelt, SJ Green.  I think we should dump Matthews as he has been a non factor in the lineup anyways. 
DM83

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2020, 06:06:05 AM »

I am guessing Loffler is done.
Nic16

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2020, 03:55:13 PM »

The receivers I would like to have are Burnham, Roosevelt, SJ Green.  I think we should dump Matthews as he has been a non factor in the lineup anyways. 

Matthews was ?dumped? by the BB last summer.

Burnham re-upped with BC a year ago.

Roosevelt has slowed down and is a bit of an injury risk....no thanks for me.

SJ would be a real nice 1 yr addition to our young receiver group, and he plays boundary side SB. Lawler & Bailey and one the new rookies (ie, Stewart) could learn a ton from him.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »

Matthews was ?dumped? by the BB last summer.

Burnham re-upped with BC a year ago.

Roosevelt has slowed down and is a bit of an injury risk....no thanks for me.

SJ would be a real nice 1 yr addition to our young receiver group, and he plays boundary side SB. Lawler & Bailey and one the new rookies (ie, Stewart) could learn a ton from him.

WARNING!  Although still a solid contributor SJ is now 34 and he peaked 3 long years ago.  Danger Will Robinson! DANGER!
Nic16

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2020, 03:46:09 PM »

WARNING!  Although still a solid contributor SJ is now 34 and he peaked 3 long years ago.  Danger Will Robinson! DANGER!

2 yrs with 1,000+ yds since his career year and 85 receptions in 2019.

10 receptions in the game vs BB last year.

Several 35 yr old receivers have had 800-1000+ yd seasons and were CFL all-stars at that age.

Imo, SJ could easily join that 35+ club.
theaardvark

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »

I can see Lapo going hard after SJ Green... that's a guy that can give a QB confidence. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »

It would be cool if we signed SJ. Kind of like Collaros- always wanted them on our team, it just took most of a decade for that to materialize.

Hopefully both have much to give!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: