Blue Bombers Forum
June 05, 2020, 01:11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alouettes Fire Sale  (Read 2600 times)
blueraid

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »

hmmmmmmmm..Campbell definitely worth a look and Posey also...They're both sound players and for the right price could add a lot to the club...Give it a look Walters...Campbell playing for minimum is a gift
blue_or_die

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 05:15:33 PM »

Maybe we could trade Toronto a 7th round conditional pick for Lokombo? That we they net themselves 1 conditional round pick. Solid deal right there.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
theaardvark

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »

True but they probably could not afford both Lokombo and Bighill, it's one or the other.

Not sure what Lokombo's salary is, and he wouldn't be here as an MLB, but rather a safety coming downhill... BOOM.   Would have been a nice addition, wait for the trade deadline... during Toronto's firesale Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 05:47:36 PM »

True but they probably could not afford both Lokombo and Bighill, it's one or the other.

Depends if we're certain we're going to lose Jefferson. I'd say even then we could have room in the SMS, it's a question of whether we want to pay that much for a safety.

Regardless it's not easy or cheap to find a starting Canadian. Staying with an import would be cheaper but we still need that 7th Canadian.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 05:50:55 PM »

Not sure what Lokombo's salary is, and he wouldn't be here as an MLB, but rather a safety coming downhill... BOOM.   Would have been a nice addition, wait for the trade deadline... during Toronto's firesale Wink

Well he'd certainly give us injury depth / flexibility at both MLB and WIL. He's also give us the opportunity for some different defensive looks.

Toronto isn't likely to trade him away after just getting him.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »

Not sure what Lokombo's salary is, and he wouldn't be here as an MLB, but rather a safety coming downhill... BOOM.   Would have been a nice addition, wait for the trade deadline... during Toronto's firesale Wink

Every team in the league could use Lokombo, so he's well pursued and paid accordingly as a ratio breaker.  It doesn't matter the specific position, he's versatile enough to play multiple roles.  Als probably could not afford to pay both Muamba at $225,000 and him, god knows what their ratio solutions are, Danny Maciocia has the job of cleaning up Kavis's messy house.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:37:14 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 06:30:35 PM »

Lokombo would have been a yes, the rest NO.
kkc60

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 08:28:33 PM »

Lokombo would have been a yes, the rest NO.
I'd take any and all of em
blue girl

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 09:48:11 PM »

I'd make an offer to Campbell and Posey.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2020, 11:13:25 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that the Als are still in so much trouble. It's not good for the league. When Reed traded for Manziel, it was a hail mary pass in all senses of the phrase, and when they brought Taman on board--a guy that is known to wheel and deal prospects for today's gain--my first thought unfortunately was "there's nothing left there for Taman to mortgage".

I'm wondering the real true extent of the damage of the franchise. It seems to get worse every month.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 01:41:41 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that the Als are still in so much trouble. It's not good for the league. When Reed traded for Manziel, it was a hail mary pass in all senses of the phrase, and when they brought Taman on board--a guy that is known to wheel and deal prospects for today's gain--my first thought unfortunately was "there's nothing left there for Taman to mortgage".

I'm wondering the real true extent of the damage of the franchise. It seems to get worse every month.

Big time untrue.

Keep up

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
DM83

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2020, 01:52:02 AM »

Posey is a good player.
But only at a reasonable price.
Zach made a few good,receivers look great
the paw

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 02:48:13 AM »

Maciocia has a mess to clean up that's for sure, but its not insurmountable.  All the guys he's dumping have multiple bonuses due in the off season.  I think Campbell had a Feb bonus, another one in April/May and then a third for reporting to camp.  That's a crazy way to structure things.  He can likely replace several of these guys in free agency and save some SMS.

Lokombo makes no sense to me though.  He's a starting quality CDN and even if you had to dump his salary, he should have commanded  a better price.

Wasting the draft picks on Manziel probably hurts the worst, but they required Adams for free, so that takes some of the sting out.

grab grass 'n growl
TecnoGenius

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 10:34:53 AM »

Funny how most here were balking at $160k for Loffler a year ago but are giddy at the idea of getting Lokombo for $200k this year... Lokombo's good, but he's a hitter like Loffler, not a ball tracker, ball hawk or hands guy.  Sure, he's usually healthier than Loffler, but they are kind of the same player (with a slight edge to Lokombo).

I thought no one wanted to spend big $$ at FS because "it's the easiest position to hide a NAT in".  I don't think we're a team to take a big $$ FA FS.  Try to draft a guy for ELC who can develop, or sign an under-appreciated (i.e. cheap) FA NAT.

Where the heck is Loffler, anyhow?  Tub med still?

Never go full Rider!
RebusRankin

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2020, 03:17:06 PM »

Evans and Ackie are two potential free agents to be that would look great in Blue and Gold, especially Ackie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: