Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 06:55:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alouettes Fire Sale  (Read 2455 times)
the paw

« on: January 31, 2020, 03:03:54 PM »

Kavis really hamstrung the Als with a bunch of expensive contracts with multiple roster bonuses in each.  In trying to get their SMS in shape, they have released Pipkin, Tommy Campbell, and Devier Posey.  All 3 of those guys could help the Bombers.

They also traded Lokombo to the Argos for a conditional 8 the round pick.  Not sure what the condition is, but that's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:45:51 PM by the paw » Logged

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 03:07:35 PM »

I wanted Lokombo last year and he'd be a good fit at safety. Maybe his salary was out of line but he can play LB and safety. Big hitter and plays well on ST's.

Didn't know they released Campbell but he's another good talent we could use. We should be on the phone to his agent and see what he's looking for SMS wise.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:09:50 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:50:38 PM »

Lokombo would have been a nice add. Campbell still could be
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »

Campbell would be a great addition to secondary.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
booch

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »

ace in hole too i a lot of thee guys cut prior to free-agency may want to come here too...and why wouldn't they...Campbell though in getting up there in age would still be serviceable for at least a year...and he has come out and said he would play at minimum if Montreal had asked him...so he gonna be playing with some edge this yr for sure..I'd bring him in, and tell him to bring his buddy Posey...
kkc60

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »

ace in hole too i a lot of thee guys cut prior to free-agency may want to come here too...and why wouldn't they...Campbell though in getting up there in age would still be serviceable for at least a year...and he has come out and said he would play at minimum if Montreal had asked him...so he gonna be playing with some edge this yr for sure..I'd bring him in, and tell him to bring his buddy Posey...
Campbell was a guy I wanted when he originally hit FA. 6'3 with good speed is almost not fair
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »

Campbell would be a great addition to secondary.

Could be a character issue, the Stamps cut him when he was charged for selling drugs out of his mother?s house back home, eventually the charges were dropped so I guess that makes him innocent.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 04:23:43 PM »

Could be a character issue, the Stamps cut him when he was charged for selling drugs out of his mother?s house back home, eventually the charges were dropped so I guess that makes him innocent.

Campbell wasn't cut by the Stamps.  He might have been suspended, I don't recall, but that isn't unusual when there is an investigation ongoing.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 04:24:23 PM »

Seems like a non-starter. I think he was probably due a bonus soon and the Alouettes opted to let him go instead.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 04:32:39 PM »

I wanted Lokombo last year and he'd be a good fit at safety. Maybe his salary was out of line but he can play LB and safety. Big hitter and plays well on ST's.

Didn't know they released Campbell but he's another good talent we could use. We should be on the phone to his agent and see what he's looking for SMS wise.

Salary is an issue with Lokombo, he wouldn't come cheap and may be making in the vicinity of $200,000 already.
Blue In BC

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 04:34:43 PM »

Salary is an issue with Lokombo, he wouldn't come cheap and may be making in the vicinity of $200,000 already.

Yes but he's a starter quality Canadian.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 04:44:15 PM »

Yes but he's a starter quality Canadian.

True but they probably could not afford both Lokombo and Bighill, it's one or the other.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 04:54:40 PM »

Als also sign former Bomber draft pick Felix Briere, if he keeps trying sooner or later he's going to stick.

Bri?re (5?11?, 179 lbs.) spent time with the Alouettes in 2019 before joining the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The 26-year-old athlete was drafted in the fourth-round (34th total) by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the 2017 CFL Draft. The Saint-Agathe-des-Monts, QC native was also part of Ottawa REDBLACKS squad. In May 2017, he was invited to the New York Giants rookie camp. He now joins Alouettes General Manager Danny Maciocia, with whom he won the 2014 Vanier Cup with the Universit? de Montr?al Carabins.
blue_or_die

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »

I am (or at least was) a huge fan of Posey. If we are going in a different direction than Adams I would love to sign him.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Horseman

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »

Cambell's age (32) is against him. Posey could be a consideration, but his best season was only 750+ yards, I hope we would be going after a higher producing receiver. I would not re-sign Adams.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: