Blue Bombers Forum
May 25, 2020, 08:06:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antonio Pipkin Released  (Read 1936 times)
kkc60

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 07:50:02 PM »

You unrepentant homers....

Look, Pipkin has 1200+ yards, is 2-2 in starts (2018) and has shown he has some physical ability and can win a game. 

McGuire is 2/3 and 17 yards  How can anyone possibly conclude that he has more ability, upside or potential than Pipkin at this point? I am not saying McGuire won't turn into a CFL HoF QB, who knows what is possible.  But if Collaros takes a noggin shot next August, I want a guy on the bench who has at least won a game in the CFL.  At the very least, a guy like Pipkin should be brought in to compete with McGuire.
Age also can't be an excuse. McGuire is 23. Pipkin is 24
blue girl

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »

Pass on Pipkin. He doesn't impress me. He had a few good starts but hasn't done anything lately.
blue_or_die

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 08:31:15 PM »

You unrepentant homers....

Look, Pipkin has 1200+ yards, is 2-2 in starts (2018) and has shown he has some physical ability and can win a game. 

McGuire is 2/3 and 17 yards  How can anyone possibly conclude that he has more ability, upside or potential than Pipkin at this point? I am not saying McGuire won't turn into a CFL HoF QB, who knows what is possible.  But if Collaros takes a noggin shot next August, I want a guy on the bench who has at least won a game in the CFL.  At the very least, a guy like Pipkin should be brought in to compete with McGuire.

He has barely more knowns than McGuire. Nobody is concluding anything. If he did have significantly more experience and did significantly more wins, that might be a different story. Saw him play and while he wasn't bad, the raw potential of McGuire is more intriguing. It's not uncommon for a team to covet the guys they bring in, too.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:43:18 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
kkc60

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 08:32:07 PM »

Pass on Pipkin. He doesn't impress me. He had a few good starts but hasn't done anything lately.
It could not hurt to bring him in
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 08:53:47 PM »

He has barely more knowns than McGuire. Nobody is concluding anything. If he did have significantly more experience and did significantly more wins, that might be a different story. Saw him play and while he wasn't bad, the raw potential of McGuire is more intriguing. It's not uncommon for a team to have more confidence in the guys they bring in, too.

Well said. I'd rather the team explore other options. Pipkin's not worth a look, IMO.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. And you apparently can't quarantine, it either.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 09:08:23 PM »

I am with Linc, Blue Girl, and 84

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 09:15:33 PM »

We are past the time of picking over scrap heaps... Pip[kin had the usual flash of a new QB, until other teams had CFL film on them.  Unfortunately, I don't think Pipkin has shown anything worth a second look. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »

We are past the time of picking over scrap heaps... Pip[kin had the usual flash of a new QB, until other teams had CFL film on them.  Unfortunately, I don't think Pipkin has shown anything worth a second look. 

We're not past the point of picking over scrap heaps.  There's a better than average chance that MBT, Pipkin, or Jennings is in Blue and Gold sometime next season, it's just down to whether or not we want to commit early and take the best of what's available, or roll the dice and take what's left.

Not saying that that in any way makes Pipkin the best option, but let's not pretend like we're in a massively better position at QB than other years.  In fact, if Strev doesn't come back, we're pretty much back to the Buck and the Backups routine, where we hope our starter doesn't get hammered, because no one else has live game experience.
Horseman

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »

I say we don't rush and see how Strev situation plays out.
Jets
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2020, 10:18:29 PM »

If Streveler isn't back, Pipkin is my choice for backup with a bit of upside and experience
Jesse

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2020, 10:56:29 PM »

As opposed to Masoli, Nichols, Fajardo, Adams Jr, etc...

Many QBs in our league are scrap heaped before they become starters.  Very, very few develop and become the starter for the same team.

I'd be interested in bringing him to camp and seeing him side by side with McGuire

My wife is amazing!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2020, 11:15:08 PM »

wouldn't hurt to give him a chance here to compete

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2020, 02:34:02 AM »

Well said. I'd rather the team explore other options. Pipkin's not worth a look, IMO.
Why not. He is young, has looked promising (especially a couple years ago on that awful MTL team) and we have a whole 2 QBs under contract.

It's okay to bring in other teams cuts. We need to accept that
kkc60

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2020, 02:34:23 AM »

Because he got hurt and Adam's stepped in....
kkc60

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2020, 02:36:40 AM »

Yeah like when we signed J.Grant after he got cut by Hamilton after the preseason, Nick Taylorand Korey Jones after Edmonton cut them, Rasheed Bailey and Kenny Lawler after they got cut by BC a couple years ago...if we wanna go a bit further theres Augustine from EDM and Sask, Hardrick from Sask and BC. We traded a 7th for Nichols because Edmonton didn't need him anymore. Also, in our practice squad/1 game IR we had Darrel William's (Hamilton), Jordan Robinson (Edm), Koloamatangi (BC),Latour (Montreal), Malcolm William's (Toronto) and Brandon Calver and Dondre Wright (Montreal). All were cut at some point during the season. All were a part of our GC winning team. 3 are under contract at the moment.

It's a small league and also a different type of football than what most americans play. Bringing in other teams cuts isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as they either get cut if they aren't up to par or become a solid player
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:54:27 AM by kkc60 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: