Blue Bombers Forum
July 06, 2020, 04:09:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers re-sign pending free agent receiver/returner Charles Nelson  (Read 2131 times)
bluegold4life

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 12:23:48 PM »

I think Walker was the best receiver of the bunch, good route runner, good hands.

How did you come to the conclusion that Walkerr was the best receiver of the bunch?

Walker only played in 2 games and only had 3 catches for 10 yards and a 3.3 Yard average.

Also good hands? He fumbled the ball 3 times in those games and watch basically benched/Sent to the PR.

He definitely was not the best of the bunch, he was horrible.

bluegold4life

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2020, 12:50:41 PM »

As for the Nelson Signing a 2 year deal, these are my thoughts.

Nelson was the returner to start the year and was injured early in the season with a long term injury. The coaches and KW were high on Nelson since arriving in 2018.

Grant is a great returner obviously but struggled when he played receiver.

Nelson's strength in college based on his scouting report was his speed (his pro day 40 was faster then Grant), his ability to create separation, great hands.

Nelson is only 24 years old and it never hurts to bring him back for training camp again, great depth. Also wanna say that him signing for 2 tears tells me that he wants to be here despite having to potentially compete with Grant and Whitehead.

Final thought is it could be possible that one of Nelson, Grant or Whitehead are trade bait.

Just my opinions

booch

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2020, 07:35:02 PM »

Grant has some NFL interest so good to have bases covered..
GCn19

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2020, 02:56:46 AM »

For sure.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gobombersgo

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 03:05:45 AM »

He still has a year left on his contract. I thought the NFL wasn't allowing players to try out if they are going into their option year.

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 03:21:15 AM »

I think Walker was the best receiver of the bunch, good route runner, good hands.
ah that's a hard no

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 03:29:24 AM »

ah that's a hard no
In the preseason he looked exactly as GLB described but in the regular season he didn't (in albeit limited reps as a rookie)

Could be a nice development guy though
Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2020, 03:26:30 PM »

Walker did look very good in TC. Lucky looked very good to start the season. Bailey took over near the end of the season. Will be an interesting TC.
Blue In BC

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »

I just re-watched the July 12 game against the Argos. Whitehead returns opening K/O for a TD. Nelson returns 1st punt to the Argo 5 yard line.

Nichols completes 3 long passes just into the beginning of 2nd Q. Lawler catches one and then fumbles not realizing he was not down by contact. D. Adams catches a beauty for a TD. Demski catches one and streaks for a TD.

What a game. Team was firing on all cylinders for most of the game.

The game did show what both Whitehead and Nelson bring to the table. Grant showed it in later games when he was activated.

We went seasons without finding a great returner. Now we have more of them than we know what to do with going into 2020.

Looking forward to see more of what each can show as receivers / offensive players as well as returners.

No more excuses.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2020, 05:43:38 AM »

Good for depth, but he is not an explosive returner like what we already have.
Blue In BC

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2020, 05:06:05 PM »

Good for depth, but he is not an explosive returner like what we already have.

Watch the July 12th game against the Argos and you might think differently. He has showed talent returning punts and Whitehead showed talent returning the K/O to start the game.

Grant was extremely impressive and there may be room for all 3 due to injuries during the season.

My thought is more about which can also show something as a receiver as well.

No more excuses.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2020, 07:20:20 AM »

BiBC is right.  Nelson did look good before injury.  He didn't do much in the '18 WF though, but he hadn't had many starts and it was his rookie year.  Plus, Nelson got the bum steer of getting hurt at the wrong time and us getting mega-lucky with 2 quality rookie returners.  Nothing wrong with giving him another shot... it's the MOS way (as long as your name isn't Nichols)!

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2020, 04:18:46 PM »

BiBC is right.  Nelson did look good before injury.  He didn't do much in the '18 WF though, but he hadn't had many starts and it was his rookie year.  Plus, Nelson got the bum steer of getting hurt at the wrong time and us getting mega-lucky with 2 quality rookie returners.  Nothing wrong with giving him another shot... it's the MOS way (as long as your name isn't Nichols)!

Yea...at the end of the day this is a guy that won a job out of TC last year and only lost it due to injury. I see no reason for not giving him a TC spot that's for sure.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: