Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 02:03:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buck Pierce  (Read 3343 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2020, 03:06:22 PM »

Maas was already off the board when Lapo was hired away from us.

I know - that was my reference to timing...
TBURGESS

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »

It most certainly isn't my fault you go negative on 99% of the things the Bombers do TBurg. It effects your credibility over time and makes people not buy into your arguments. That's just the way it is. Not my fault. As for "deflecting" from the argument, you not even willing to give a suggestion as to who would have been a better hire despite criticizing the hire we made, is Deflection 101.
No one here has made the argument that Buck Pierce is not a rookie OC. What most are saying is that we feel he is the best hire we could make to replace Lapo. If you think we could have done better than surely you could provide a name or two. If not, it is you deflecting from your unfounded theory that Buck will struggle when there is zero reason to believe that.
That's 99% BS. I'm pro most of this years off season signings. It's just the couple I'm against that you bring up the 'I knew you were going to say that' crap.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »

Not true. Funny that you say this every time I disagree with your point of view, but don't when I agree with most folks. Please change 19... please change.Add Kelly, Belle-fool and Crowton to the list of guys I wouldn't want either.

Not that it makes a difference, but Marcel Bellefeuille was appointed the Al's Offensive Line Coach in Dec., so he's still valued.
blue_or_die

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2020, 06:25:29 PM »

Classic Bombers, always hiring inexperienced guys. No wonder we never win Grey Cups, etc.!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
TBURGESS

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2020, 06:37:05 PM »

Not that it makes a difference, but Marcel Bellefeuille was appointed the Al's Offensive Line Coach in Dec., so he's still valued.
Not as an OC he isn't.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Tehedra

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2020, 11:27:26 PM »

All TBurg is saying is to have tempered expectations.  Buck is a brand new rookie OC, who may end up being great.  But don't get huge expectations or expect no degradation in performance given we are going from best oc in the league to a relatively unknown OC.  Doesnt mean Pierce will be bad, but we need to wait and see.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2020, 04:19:55 AM »

Best OC in the league?? LaPo is good but not absolutely blow me away good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: