Blue Bombers Forum
August 08, 2020, 12:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers Add Two To Roster - January 20, 2020  (Read 442 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: January 21, 2020, 04:14:03 AM »

Blue Bombers Add Two To Roster - January 20, 2020

WINNIPEG, MB., January 20, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American defensive end Justin Alexandre and American linebacker Dylan Donahue.

Alexandre
(6-5, 256, Incarnate Word, November 12, 1997, Elmont, NY) recorded 55 tackles, 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 11 games in his senior year with Incarnate Word and was named to the 2018 Southland All-Conference first team. In August 2019 Alexandre saw action against the New York Giants in his first NFL preseason game.

Donahue
(6-3, 247, West Georgia, August 20, 1992, Palo Alto, CA) was a member of the Atlanta Legends in the Alliance of American Football League. Donahue graduated from West in 2011 and played collegiately at Division II West Georgia and was selected in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL draft by the Jets and appeared in four games.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »

Our roster seems to have been updated. Shows 63 players if I counted correctly. There are about 18 futures contracts that were not added. What exactly is the difference in a futures contract compared to signings of these two players for example?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:34:23 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:13 PM »

BIG boys!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GCn19

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »

Our roster seems to have been updated. Shows 63 players if I counted correctly. There are about 18 futures contracts that were not added. What exactly is the difference in a futures contract compared to signings of these two players for example?

Futures contracts mean that they have signed a contract to be filed on a certain date in the future with the league.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »

Futures contracts mean that they have signed a contract to be filed on a certain date in the future with the league.

That's somewhat obvious but to what end? A rookie signed today may still be released before main TC. Ditto for a futures contract.

Are players signed to futures contracts those that need to have " paperwork " in place to attend mini camps as the 1st step but less likely to make main TC?

Note that this is the 1st season I've noticed futures contracts. Or at the very least as significant number of them so early.

Off season rosters are limited to a certain number and perhaps this is a loophole being used?

No more excuses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: