Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2020, 09:16:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanley Bryant is extended...  (Read 1474 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« on: January 20, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »

Great signing...importance of a solid o-line cannot be understated...it all starts with the big guys and we have built a great core that opens holes and keeps QB's upright.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 02:27:11 PM by The Zipp » Logged
booch

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »

everyone is back from last year..save for Couture but we didn't miss a beat without him....3 solid vets, and 4 solid (Canadian) youngins just gettin better...
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 02:30:35 PM »

From Bryant:

I wasn?t tempted to see what would be out there (in free agency) at all,? said Bryant. ?Actually, a couple weeks after the Grey Cup I had my mind made up that I wanted to return. Also, seeing that Jermarcus (Hardrick) was coming back (he re-signed in December) was big. Keeping this crew together and having continuity was very important to me. So, it was a no brainer to come back and stay in Winnipeg.

?The group of guys we have there are my friends. I?ve been in Winnipeg for five years now and since coming in for 2015 I?ve seen the continuity being kept with guys like Jermarcus and Paddy, Darvin (Adams), Andrew (Harris), (Jackson) Jeffcoat? there?s a lot of different guys who have been with the Blue Bombers for a while and I just couldn?t see myself leaving those guys or leaving the organization.?
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 02:47:29 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers agree to terms with all-star left tackle Stanley Bryant

WINNIPEG, MB., January 20, 2020 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed two-time CFL Most Outstanding Lineman Stanley Bryant to a one-year extension. Bryant was scheduled to be a free agent next month.

Bryant once again had a stellar 2019 season, and for the third-straight season was named the West Division nominee for Most Outstanding Lineman. Playing in all 18 regular season games and all three postseason games, he also was named a league all-star for the third consecutive season - the fifth time in his career - as he anchored the left side of an offensive line that was part of the CFL's top rushing unit once again.

Bryant, who was named the CFL's Most Outstanding Lineman in 2018 and 2019, will enter his sixth season in Winnipeg in 2020, and has started every game at left tackle since signing in February of 2015, boosting his consecutive games played streak to 101.

The ten-year CFL veteran spent his first five seasons in Calgary, is a two-time Grey Cup champion (Calgary in 2014, Winnipeg 2019) and has been named a CFL All-Star in 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Bryant has started 156 CFL games, ten playoff games, and three Grey Cup games.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »

Booooo yeah

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
1chad

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 04:42:34 PM »

Great news!  He is a cornerstone of a great OLine
theaardvark

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »

OK, QB's are going to line up to play behind this line up...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 04:54:44 PM »

It all starts in the trenches. This is great news!

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue_or_die

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 05:11:32 PM »

Staniel!!!!!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »

Outstanding news all around. He is a true pillar

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 05:20:30 PM »

Outstanding news all around. He is a true pillar

In the most literal sense  Grin

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 05:34:31 PM »

The fact that these guys are all back...the continuity, as well as the young guys gonna be even better than last year as they have more experience is huge...Not to mention Desjatlais is just a kid (22) he is gonna mature and have huge upside...as he held his own as a kid

Barring injury this oline is gonna be dominant....question...who are the Rider's projected starters at the moment with guys under contract??...hahahaha....
theaardvark

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:47 PM »

The fact that these guys are all back...the continuity, as well as the young guys gonna be even better than last year as they have more experience is huge...Not to mention Desjatlais is just a kid (22) he is gonna mature and have huge upside...as he held his own as a kid

Barring injury this oline is gonna be dominant....question...who are the Rider's projected starters at the moment with guys under contract??...hahahaha....

They have Vaughn, Labatte and Clark under contract, the whole left side that started against us in the WSF...  Blake and Coleman are still unsigned...

More concerning for them is the fact that 4 of 5 of their starting WR, half of their starting DL, all of their starting LB are FA's...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »

They have Vaughn, Labatte and Clark under contract, the whole left side that started against us in the WSF...  Blake and Coleman are still unsigned...

More concerning for them is the fact that 4 of 5 of their starting WR, half of their starting DL, all of their starting LB are FA's...

That's pretty weak anyway you slice it..Labatte is a shell of what he was...and injury prone now..Vaughn...pretty average for an Import Tackle and not even in the convo for top 5 Tackles in the league...Clarke though an apparent all-start is crap...still baffles me.....but who do they have as a back-up gfor any of those spots..let alone completing their line, and if free agency is their plan (stupid) it's gonna eat up huge SMS

i agree on the rest...huge holes at key spots and any re-signs ain't gonna be cheap, and more than half their guys who they want back are on wrong side of 30...I don't see 2020 being all rosy for them out there this year...that horse shoe they have had over past couple years is gonna be dropping out with a thunderous clank
blue girl

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 08:08:23 PM »

Great re-signing. Having a solid LT will help get a QB.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: