Blue Bombers Forum
May 27, 2020, 02:06:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching staff...QB's  (Read 2030 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 06:21:12 PM »

So, you think coaching rec's is the same skill level / time commitment required for coaching QB's?  Sorry if I disagree...

Buck Pierce was a starting QB in the CFL. You don't think QB's understand all that goes into route running, blocking assignments and the art of being a receiver?

The time frame a coach spends during practice and film study during the season is the same. An hour is still an hour. Coaching QB's will at time be on an individual basis and at times on a broader format. That's exactly the same as it would be with receivers.

No more excuses.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 06:43:50 PM »

I think Buck will do fine.  The players like him and he's a good communicator.  It will take a year or two for him to settle in the role but I think he will do fine.
GCn19

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 06:46:35 PM »

So, you think coaching rec's is the same skill level / time commitment required for coaching QB's?  Sorry if I disagree...

Depends on who our QBs are, and who our receivers are.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 07:50:49 PM »

Yes, I think the time commitment is about the same and that Buck can handle both.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
blue girl

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:44 PM »

Buck was already handling the QBs so he adds OC to the title and we find someone to coach the receivers. Besides Buck already played QB so IMO he's more qualified than LaPo for this. And it's not like we'll have a rookie at QB.
Jesse

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2020, 09:39:52 PM »

Yes, I think the time commitment is about the same and that Buck can handle both.

I agree with you, but I still think we'll hire another position coach.

My wife is amazing!
Point of attack

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »

Buck knows better than anyone if he?s ready or willing to take on this substantial responsibility.
OC is not some position filled by seniority, next man up, or winner of the popularity contest.
It?s a calling,a mindset, and a demanding position that requires a huge commitment to preparation and loss of family time.
 To a person we would love nothing more than to see him succeed at whatever he does. I guess we?ll find out soon if he?s the best QB coach in BB history, or something else.
bigbuff33

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 12:56:23 PM »

Seems to be taking a long time putting our staff together...
Though I would imagine O'Shea and Walters just want to make sure they are getting the right people to coach the way they like.
After coaches are set...then the big decisions will be coming down about who they see as our QB's.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: